1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

what do u do?when DH taunt on irrelevant topics

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by tanu khurana, Apr 28, 2010.

1. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

i need ur opinion on a thing- what do u people do whn dh taunts on irrelevant little things? e.g., dn,t talk about my parents?y u said this to my mom whn i did,t said and he never aceepts his mom lied? y u always bother about shop,n? u look'd unshaped? on each and every thing which irritates?
    i think in my case he enjoys taunting me and making fun of me especially in front of others?i feel so annoyed sometime n feel lik crying and didnt know hw to handle it?

2. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Calmly tell him back in front of all, you dint enjoy his joke, this is not an appropriate place & people to mock at & would appreciate that he doesn't repeat in future.

It really makes a difference, but you have to tap your emotions & be absolutely calm yet firm.

3. Pontu

Pontu New IL'ite

I ignore most of the time as I know its his habit. He particularly likes to mock at my parents and my brother, even though he knows very well that it ignites me to the core. i remain calm and pretend i dont care at all about his silly opinion but when he gives mean remarks i cant stop saying some really hurtful things to him as well. However, i try never to backfire about his mother or siblings as i know it will only make the matter worse even though they are really really selfish and mean. I strongly believe that if a husband is disrespectful to his wife`s parents or siblings, he is indirectly disrespecting her as well. A person has zero respect in my eyes if he disrespects and abuses other people and i am not afraid to express my opinion out loud.