What Do Dreams Mean?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by cheer, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Dreams & Meanings !!!

Subha,

There was a discussion by malspie about dreams and interpretation. Check it out.

Regarding dreams, I am an odd person out. I don't get dreams easily, and I happy if I don't get them, for a reason..which I have mentioned before..I get only vision like dreams which do happen as was seen in my dream.

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Re: Dreams & Meanings !!!

Hi

My all time is dream is with SNAKE.........it wont do me anything....but i will be thinking , dreaming about snakes only.............i dont know y, my elders used to console me that OUR KULA DEIVAM is Lord Subramanyan and DH side Lord Srinivasa perumal........so they are jus safeauarding u.....and do offer some MILK FOR SNAKES IN puthu......thats l all will say.......

And, after my fathers death after brief illness..........i very often gets dream that all my main family members dye........BELEIVE ME..........I SAW MY SON LIKE THAT.......AROUND 8AM IN THE MORNING( yes, it was sunday.......and we slept for some more extra time).........and iam seeing my dream.people doing all rituals.........which i annot agree and i am arguing , fighting and scremaing at my relatvies..that he is ALIVE........and if i go near him.........he is asking me for some cool drink and he dranked also..

.NO BODY BELEIVES ME..saying that iam upset etc..........OMG...........:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:.....i cannot control....my burst out crying in the real also....not knowing uiam crying..........i was jus lamenting his name and cried loudly and my son wakes me up....and asked me mom .y r u crying ..what ahppened to u............:cry::cry::cry: ....what can i same him..........but i cannot control my cry........and i went to my mom/relatvies and told them...............they consoled me....iam so confused and upset due to my father's death and feeling unsecured and getting all negative thoughts..........dont panice.......MY SON WILL LIVE FOR LONG YEARS.........

And, same dream .this time my hubby.in very short period.............OMG..........pls think of me.............( even now iam bursting out with cry and writing to u...........)i dont know y...........this time iam choked.........OMG............this time they say me dont worry.......ur hubby too will live for 100 yrs with u...u will be very happy....dont worry......

And sometimes, i used to get dream ..like my son.has become a girl.......OMG..pls try to understand my feelings......iam conused, shocked,disturbted to the core.......since he has very good and sharp features , beautiful big eyes............very sharp nose.........excellent round face..........sometimes if i take him somewhere out to new place .........they ask me whether he is boy or girl..........( he will be wearing jeans and t.shirt with boy cut....)adding fuel to fire.........
    this troubled me for very long time...........and i pray to GOD for this also.........

Like venus says....we cannot remember any good dream............but always onely bad things comes to us.....i dont know y...

And, i was having very disturbed sleep......and one my very close frined, ofcourse in IL.......who i really beleive / trust/ ...very much told me to do prayers and have VIBOOTHI b4 i go to bed and wash my feet and go to bed...........i really beleive her and following her words..............now, with her advice and GOD's grace....somwhow iam managing without dreams and having very sound sleep also.......

3. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

Re: What Does Dreams Means

dear PUNI 88,

i also dream abt snakes, now they are fearful dreams.....

i have asked a few friends ... need to ask malspie and also DRS.... for thier valuable advise....

Do share your views as well.....

thanks

4. Burcidi

Burcidi New IL'ite

Nice thread!

I am very interested in the meanings of dreams also. I checked out Sigmund Freud's book on dreams when I was at the bookstore once. It was very scientific and hard to understand but the part I did get was that dreams are personal and can only be interpreted by the person who has the dream.

Freud said that each person's brain has a way of symbolizing experiences, emotions, etc. So the symbolism can only be understood by the dreamer. He advices keeping a pen and paper by the bed and writing down dreams as soon as waking up and keeping a journal of them. After some time, we should be able to look through our dreams and find some patterns. With time, the symbolism should be clear to us.

I dream every night, usually multiple dreams but I don't remember all. The ones I do remember are etched in my memory. It seems that at any point in time, I can recollect that dream again, even a dream from 5 or 7 years ago. That seems interesting to me.

Something else I am experiencing right now, which might be unrelated is a sort of emotions and maybe visions during the day. It's not clear but all of the sudden I will get the emotion that I am somewhere else right now doing something else. It is a really weird feeling and it makes me wonder if I need to dig deeper and figure out if I have a strong sixth sense or an open third eye. I really don't know, but do any of you experience such things? I am also a pisces, so maybe something to do with the planets right now. :confused2:

Oh and by the way, about dreaming of snakes. I dreamt of snakes one time in my life and that was a time when people were treating me unfairly and trying to hurt me. Also, in my religion and religious literature, snake is believed to be the devil (like when the devil tricked Adam and Eve to eat from the tree, he was in the shape of a snake). The devil is believed to be the enemy of God and of humans, so I always take snakes in dreams to be an enemy. But like I said, every person's dream and symbolization is unique.