What Do Dreams Mean?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by cheer, Mar 27, 2007.

1. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Re: What Does Dreams Means

Okey dokkey, did u read Mahabharat or watch it???? Their when Indra dev was coming to Karna asking for his kawach & kundal, day before karna got a dream that surya dev calling him, he didn’t wake up but his consciousness wokeup & warned him abt what going to happened tomorrow. What was that?????? Surya dev came to karna’s dreams & warned him abt that. Many such incidents u can find in Mahabharat.

Most religion successor of Guru is chooses through internal & external experiences. Internal experience means by meditation & external experience means darshan of Guru or previous guru indicates in the dreams that who is the successor of him.

What abt what perfectly_perfect said????? Any answer??? Well another thing when we are in sleep our consciousness travels sometime down & sometime upwards, when it go to upwards we dreams good, including darshan of God, on the other hand when it go down we dreams bad.

Regarding ur dream that does not means ure going to die, may be it give u some indications u never know. BTW if that’s <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>ur</st1:place></st1:City> interpretation that what we dream abt something exactly that gonna happen. Than we are wasting our time. Dreams only indicates/directs & that’s why I started this topic.

2. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: What Does Dreams Means

hi

i was just watching this discussion with interest. i had already posted in the beginning, I have dreams that come true.
    I would like to tell you my experiences. So that u can tell me.. may be i am a special case. There have been few incidents in my life, which really scare me a lot when i have a dream even now.
    1. I had seen my motherinlaw in my dreams 3 years before i actually met her.
    (By the way my husband and I were not related before our marriage. I met my husband only after joining the same office. and I had met my future - mother -in -law in my dreams 3 years before meeting my husband. and also the colour of the sari she presented me when she met me first.)
    2. I had seen my father talking to me about my mom in my dreams, saying something... the next few days my mom fell ill suddenly and she is no more.
    3.I have seen people whom i have never met before in my life. the ironical thing is I meet them later in exactly the same dress, style, using the same words....
    4. I have seen my mark sheet university, the exact numbers even before getting the result. and i saw myself taking it from the principal of my college
    and believe me, it was exactly the same marks.
    So i will not say dreams are myth. I am a very practical person otherwise. I try to convince myself everytime i get a dream that it is nothing. my the fact that hits me the most when it comes true.
    The incidents are only few to state my point. again it may all look as if there is actually hnothing in it.

But I have also heard about spiritual healing through dreams.
    For every theory there will be different school of thought. like one believes in dreams. one school thinks it is the suggestions from the subconscious mind.

Whatever, it is nice to see some discussions on this....

4. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Dreams and our subconscious mind!!

Hi,
    There was a thread on dreams but since its inactive now,I am just posting a new one.

I had a dream yday and would like to know its significance!

In my dream I saw that I am on the look out for a classical dance teacher and then knew that my neighbour is a Dance Teacher.So from my balcony I am calling out to her...(the place,the house which came in my dream is totally different from where I am living now and the neighbour who came in my dream is someone whom I have not seen till date!!).
    She comes to me and I tell her that I want to learn dance and so asked her when can I join.She tells me that she is carrying and it is just ___ days (I forgot the number she mentioned in my dream) for her due date.I was upset that I am not able to join immdlty.Then again I look at her and then I see her with a new born baby in her hands and she smiles at me...!
    I kept wondering(in my dream) whether she told me it was time for her due date or that she already delivered!!!

Phew!! I woke up and saw the sun is already up and time for me to get up...!

So..folks what does this mean..??
    The fact is that...I am actually on the look out for a dance class and that thought is so deep in my subconcious that it came out as a dream...!
    If the dream went something like I already joined the class or me giving a performance on stage...I wld have been happy...! But the dream I had made me think as to what is it trying to tell me..!!

Well...any interpretations...????

rgds,
    Jaya

5. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Strange Dream..what does this dream tell me..

Hello Everyone ... I had this very strange dream this early morning. I dont know how to perceive this. So thought to put this here expecting some help from you. It is like this. 'We went to a temple. That is Lord Vigneshwara temple. Everyone are given a chance to put kunkuma,water,milk ...(dats all I could see there) on the God . My younger brother and my chance had come ....he is on God's Right hand side and me on the left . When I started to put kunkuma on God..it unfortunately:-( went inside God's Left Eye. I Can clearly see that in my Dream ..I had put kunkuma in God's Eye and in my dream I started trembling and thinking ..did I make God angry or something ..what should i do now... and then I stared at the Pujari(Pandit) for some help but he simply started saying ...go on move on...and was simply continued chanting some mantras.. I was thinking about this and I asked for forgiveness to God for what I did and when I started to get out of that God's Mandap(Garbha gudi - the centre place where God is placed) my feet slipped and laid on my back on the floor with my face facing up ...head towards God's Side and Legs facing outside the mandap. I was shocked in my dream..I was not hurt though anywhere...but I was wondering why is all this happening ..what does all this indicate..kind of questions in my brain ...My aunt(mom's younger sister) came there and asked me to get up and helped me in getting up. while I was stil wondering ..she spoke something to the preist and he said ...If the one who had done pooja before me had put milk on God rather than water then Something very Good is going to happen to me BUT IF the one who performed pooja before me had used water instead of milk then Very BAD is going to happen to me. When calcualted it is my younger brother ..and when Preist asked him what did you use.. he said Its Milk. Every one are relieved in my dream after hearing that .' BUT I here in real wold ...can still feel everything what happened in my dream.
    I can clearly feel the redness in the eye of God. The way I slipped and laid on the wet floor. The feeling of standing in temple and doing something.The length and breadth of the deity. What does this all depict to me?? Is there any message through my dream?!! I know many dont believe in dreams .. even I sometimes...but this dream of mine ...I feel it happended actually.
    Once I dreamed about my younger brother intermediate marks and exactly same marks turned out in reality. I told about his marks to my mother before they were actuaally announced and dat turned true.
    Before my marraige , Once I had a very starnge dream where I found some white huge elephant is climbing stairs into the sky very fastly.After waking up I joked to my mother it must be Iravatham ( Lord Indra's elephant in heaven) should be hurrying up on its way to heaven . Even that was a early morning dream and can remember everything clearly just like the one today . In an hour we were informed through phone that my grandfather passed away that morning.
    Nothing as of that now. I just wanted you to give me some suggestions based on that strange dream of mine.Should I perform some vinayaka pooja or something?I usually pray ShiridiSai and Narayana.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  6. southernbelle51

southernbelle51 New IL'ite

need dream interpretated

I had a dream last night. It was about my dead grandmother. She and I didn't get along very well. But I did love her. In my dream she was giving me an old silver pot with a lid. I told her I already had that pot and that it was one that belonged to my mom (who is dead also). But the lid of the pot changed into the shape of a silver bell. And she told me she was sorry for how she had treated me and that this was her way of making up for it. It confused me. and I was hoping maybe someone could help me find it's meaning. :confused::thankyou2:

7. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Re: need dream interpretated

I guess it meant that ur grandma's blessings are always with you :) .
    May be a bell given by her in a dream signifies 'ring her a bell or think of her whenever u need some help' which may bring you some help in some way!This is all my interpretation! Lets see what others have to tell you !

8. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Dreams & Meanings !!!

Hi all

I have heard that there are different meanings for different dreams !!!
    Does anyone know the meaning for different dreams ???!!!!

Pl share your dreams & their meanings !!!

I had a very different dream yesterday night....(but dont know what it means:hide:) let me tell you what it is at the end. Before that all of you pl share yours.....

Waiting !!!!
    BowBow

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  9. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

Re: Dreams & Meanings !!!

Hi Subha, Talking about dreams - growing up, I heard myths (?) like - if you dream of someone dying, then it's good. If you dream early mornings, that dream will come true etc. I can't talk about them since I don't believe them.

But I do believe that dreams have meanings. I think the underlying issues deep in your mind from ages ago or from present can become your dreams. When I was around 10 years old, we used to sleep in our front yard in summers. There were some big neem trees there and deep in my heart, it was scary. And I used to dream of a lion roaring and roaming around the front yard and that I used to run and run, till I suddenly fall into an endless abyss!! This I dreamt for almost 10 years on and off. I have no explanation for that dream, but it stopped. That is an example of dreams forming from those deep impressions in life from many years ago.

But I had a dream in the first week after my wedding. My husband and I were on our bed at the separate ends and there I see a woman sleeping right in the middle of us!!
    I was so shocked that I cried out loud and woke myself up and saw my scared husband who was calling out my name, holding me to see what happened.
    The reason for that dream - my explanation - my in securities as a new wife and my endless possessiveness of my husband. Well that came only once. But it was the effect of things happening at that present time of my life.

Though I dream many pleasant things in between my dreaded recurring dreams, the dreaded, sad and disappointing ones are which I remember. My final recurring one, which still visits me on and off, 6 years after my wedding is this. I will be looking for guys (to get married) along with my parents and I talk to a guy, who is very rude to me and my parents and I am really sad, worried, my anger and disappointment has no bounds and YES..I wake up. I have my husband by my side and it is such a relief. I don't have to go searching for guys any more!!
    My explanation for this one is all the stress I have gone through living here in US while doing my masters and living alone while working, and unable to find a suitable guy in spite of meeting a guy almost every weekend, my parents' anxiety in their phone calls from India about my wedding etc. I am glad all that lasted about a year and I found the best of the best.

So, you see, I think there is no such thing as a hidden meaning or some kind of forecasting of events to come in dreams. It is just ...the footprints of your experiences, feelings and wants - your mind brings up.

Sweet Dreams to you -

10. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Re: Dreams & Meanings !!!

Thank you for the reply venus....

let us wait for some more dreams from our friends....dont know y no one is replying to this ? do they din get any dreams at all ?!!!!