What Do Dreams Mean?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by cheer, Mar 27, 2007.

1. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Re: What Does Dreams Means

Lavanya i never heard abt it, thanx:2thumbsup: , another one if u dream abt Gold, it says not good for U.

waiting for more.............

2. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

hey lavanya and everybody

contrary to this what i've heard is that, if u see someone dead in your dream it means that person will have a long life...

also regarding the wedding... i've heard seeing a wedding in dream is not considered good, a bad omen...

i've also heard, the dreams u see latest, i mean just before waking up, do come out to be true...

i dont think anybody has control on their dreams
    so the best way out of this is.... wash ur feet before sleeping and u'll not see any bad dreams...

Cheers
    ~Abha

3. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Madam Cheer,
    I have gone through ur post"what.....Means" just now while iam Browsing
    all the posts of our ILC WEB.I wish to share my feelings about this. As I already
    mentioned in my post"THE ..........BEINGS" Dream is nothing but one of the states of the living beings especially MANKIND. A dream is a MYTH. There is
    no meaninig for any type of dream. Some people say that what ever a person
    see in his dream in the early morning (between 3'0 cloak and 6'0cloak) it will happen in his real life definitely within days in the same way.BUT THIS IS also
    not true. Man has power of thinking independently although he is physically
    sits idle.Generally these thoughts are related to his sorroundings,related to his
    relations are friends or persons related to his work spot etc. whatever he observed in his conscious state (persons or places) those things or persons only appear in his dream state. One cannot see a Tajmahal or Effil tower in his
    dream exactly without looking a picture of it at least once at any yime in the past.This shows clearly that our dream is a recollection of our thoughts.No
    doubt mind has a power of imagination.But this power has its own limitations.
    It always try to comprehend things from only through known things.The only
    metod it adaptos to know things is from KNOWN to UNKNOWN.I request all
    (any one) to reveal their experiences to analyse the subject in a ratoinal way
    Thanking u Sd/sastry

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear Sastry,

Woa...well i started this thread to share our dreams & their importance but now ure saying dreams are MYTH?????

Well if dreams are myth, then that means u don't believe life after death? Don't believe in hell/heaven?? Don't believe in karma's too etc etc. Becoz these things are also not proved by science & we believe it like that. Becoz of our faith. I don't believe dreams are myth. Sometime dreams really significance, when we're sleepling our consiousness is more active & sometimes thru dreams we get solutions to our problems too. This weekend i was reading one article couldn't find right now but will forward u later, explain it very well.

So sastry i don't think dreams are myth.

5. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

6. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Madam Cheer,
    I received E-mail about my opinion and ur reply for it on the Topic of Dreams.Do u know that how dreams occur to us? u have mentioned
    that while we are sleeping our consciousnes is active. is it conscious state?
    at that time our mind is in the sub conscous/unconscous state .That is why we cannot remember dream fully or partly.Actions performed by us with full
    awareness can only be kept in our memory for a short time or for a long time
    depending on the severity of the action and also its importance with us. That state is called Conscious state. Only when our Big brain called CEREBRUM receives knowledge from outside world through one or more of our senses
    that knowledge will be kept in our memory.As long as the Big Brain is receiving out side knowledge it is said tbe in the state of CONSCOUSNESS whether it is
    day time or night time.When we are sleeping whether it is day time or night time our mind is said to be in the unconscous state. conscousness is not an object in our body .it is one of the states of a body.There is no meaning of the
    sentence that" conscousness is active". you can attribute these states or qualities to the mind (Brain).strictly speaking there is no organ like MIND in
    our body .so what ever we say about mind in our usual way is applicable to our
    brain.so when we say our conscousness is active it means that our brain is
    active. In that state we cannot say that it is a sleepy state.we are getting dreams only when we take sleep either day time or night time. so let us think
    How we are getting dreams in our nextmeet. Bye Sd.sastry

7. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I keep getting dream about snakes haunting me. I feel so scared to see them also. Today early morning I got a dream where 3 snakes were there out if it one was black snake.

What does it mean??

Thanks,
    Punitha

8. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

MADAM Sastry,

Still not get it, what u want to prove. Well did u read that article & as far egyptian belief when we are in sleep our consiousness is more active than in state of awakeness. That's why those who meditate went to state of sleep & i saw them too & do u have answer to mine previous questions.

And R U Sure Dreams are MYTH??????

9. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

Hey friends,
    I usually dont see the dreams. But when i do, i know it has some meaning. Once i saw my nana ji(mother's father) in my dream. He got expire before my mom's wedding. I told my mom about my dream that i saw nana jiand he was very worried. My mom asked that how did i recognised him. I said i saw his pictures. then my mom asked me some questions as what he was wearing. I never saw my nana ji but my ans related his dressing habit was right. Then she asked from which door he entered the home and she was surprised by my answer, I told her the door from which i never saw someone entering the home because that door got closed after my nana ji's death. He used to come by that door only. But the main thing in the dream was that he was worried and with in one week we got the news that my mausa ji (husband of mother's sister) is no more.
    Once more i saw someone who is dead laughing and my mom told that its not a good omen, something bad is going to happen and i got a news of a death in the family.
    now i m afraid of my dreams

10. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Madam Cheer,
    I will reveal some more of my opinions in this subject now.I clearly mentioned in my post "THE THREE STATES OF LIVING BEINGS" Man experience
    all the three states i.e 1) state of consciousness 2) state of dream
    3) state of sleep. during his lifetime .Of course the duration of experience of
    each state depends upon his nature of work and life style.But no one can escape these 3 without experiencing them. Then coming to the point of Dreams, It is a recollection (Review) of stored memory .It can visualise objects related to the memory to some extent.It is just like reflections of our thoughts in a mirror. we see our own image in looking mirror.we can keep the
    image in our memory .but the image is not real.it is just like a Mirage in Oasis.It is an illusion.There is no significanse for it.There is no scientific basis for it.I appeal all of u to show concrete evidence for dreams and the
    corresponding results of it.I myself dreamt that I was drowned in a river and
    died. But i am alive. Dream need not be experinced by all and at all times
    Madam perhaps forgotten that once proved True is untrue today. What about
    PLUTO.It was considered as a 9th planet in our solar system for a long time .it
    was written so in our books but now it lost its stutus. Does it mean that particular object is vanished ? No our convention, our belief is changed. so
    whatever we believe it must stand for substantial Test.
    More in nextmeet Bye Sd/sastry