1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do DH's expect from their DW's

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by abinayamadhavan, Sep 16, 2013.

1. abinayamadhavan

abinayamadhavan Silver IL'ite

Hello Everyone,

I am blessed with a loving and affectionate DH. We have silly fights all days, several sulkings, strong cold wars, but no ego, no long fights. We have had no fights other than in his parents matters. In all other matters we do have great understanding and he respects my feelings and gives importance to me. When it comes to his parents and sister, he behaves with me like I have been trying to poison all of them and he is trying to defend them from me. All Il's never care about my DH's or my happiness, they all just need money,money,money and egoistic. Nowadays I least bother about them all and despite of their idiotic matters, I am happy with DH and my DS.

In my recent post "lessons learnt in life" I have mentioned that I have decided and chosed to be happy and I am so :)

But at times when DH goes and talks with his parents for hours and after the talk when he tells me of any new plans (IL's instructions) I get pissed off. I don't argue or fight with him. I just feel bad. But i accept it.

Now my question is How do I make him more happy in IL's matters. By the way I don't speak MIL and FIL after a recent heart break. I don't discuss things about them anytime to DH. I only speak about happy things.

According to me, trust and loyalty matters a lot in a relationship. But he is of the kind that, if I deny something in his parents matters, he do it without my knowledge. This hurts me a lot.

Why doesn't he be open and loyal to me? What stops him? Why do My IL's try to extract money from DH secretly though they are well to do.

How do I deal all these positively? How should I manage them all.

2. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

When it comes to their family of origin, some expect DW to either 'accept' or 'stay away'. May be your H belongs to this category.

If the money which he is giving his parents is not huge and is only out of surplus, then better to ignore than to ruin your peace.

1 person likes this.
  3. abinayamadhavan

abinayamadhavan Silver IL'ite

Its Huge only. MIL sometimes asks him to transfer our savings to her name, DH denys for that. Now, I just ignore them all and their matters, this way I am happy:) But then i feel that I have lost the closeness which I had with him at the time of our marriage. i am close to his heart even after all these. But I slightly stay away from him. I want to bridge this gap. Hope you understand me

4. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Don't try it. Its okay to have few areas where your views and opinions do not match. Simply agree to disagree and leave it there. You yourself will resent it later if you change beyond comfort for his sake in the matters of in-laws.

Stop getting hurt over it. Express your opinion and leave it at that.

1 person likes this.