1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What did you feed your kid today?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by gayathriar, Jun 18, 2007.

1. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

HI
    ladies
    Today in breakfast my son had aloo matar mix stuffed in bread and 4to 5 pieces of mangoes which he shared from his dad..and lunch and dinner yet to come..

2. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi moms!

Very intresting thread, i guess all this modern generation kids take lot of pains having their food. Personally for me feeding my 2.8 yr old son is a kind of nightmare. Literally i feel so happy when he has his food without creating much fuss .

Even my son is a die hard fan of milgaipodi and he likes it even with curd rice.

Today for breakfast :- he had kanji cooked in milk and sugar(rice,wheat,moondal,almonds,ragi,oats,groundnuts) i feel very satisfied when he takes it properly as i feel i have given him the proper balance of everything.
    Lunch :- dal rice with ghee and smashed patoto accompanied with little sambhar.
    dinner :- he had roti and curd rice.

cheers
    vaidehi

3. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the great thread Gayathri!!! Im sure this would be lot helpful for all moms around here.

Today my kid (13 months old) had idli with sambar..

Keep it coming ladies..

:mrgreen:

4. Tagor

Tagor Guest

Hi Gayathri n Vaidehi!

I like the concept of kanji - can you elaborate a little more about it ....... are they available in Indian shops or do you make it at home ?

As for my child ..... she hardly ate anything yesterday......
    b`fast - again cereals
    lunch - a quarter of french toast, three spoons of mashed potato n peas , a lil of cheese
    dinner - almost next to nothing , flavoured yohurt

Welllllllll.......:cry:

5. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Breakfast: Toast with ghee and jam( guess this is toast week )
    Lunch: A jar of Sphagetti and cheese
    Dinner: 1 roti and very few spoons of curd rice. Unusually, he abolutely did not want to have any milk in the night.

Tagor, if you have somebody who can get/send stuff from Chennai, there are the kanji ingredients are available that can be toasted/sun dried and powdered.

My mom sent me these powders and she made it herself. One cereal is just ragi( as my kid did not like ragi and moong ). The other par-boiled rice, pottukadalai( dhalia? ), sabhudhana, and other ingredients and the other one made chiefly of Wheat. If you are interested, I can get the exact composistion.

If it is not possible to get from India, if you get whole ragi( millet ) and whole moong in Netherland, you can try sprouting them and then toast( roast ) them dry on a pan individually until nice aroma comes out and then powder. You can use this as kanji flour. When my MIL was here, I tried this under her supervision.

-Gayathri.

6. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies,

This is a wonderful thread to get & share ideas about what to feed our kids. Way to go!!

Today for breakfast, I gave my 1 year old muttai dosai (2 tsps of dosai maavu + 1 egg beaten and made into a soft dosai with ghee added).

Lunch will normally be rice mashed with any daal and boiled veggies. Then a little curd.

Malathy

7. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Hey M,

I read your post like this.. " I gave my 1 yr old mottai dosai", was chuckling myself since I call my son mottai so many times( hez still not growing much hair in the front) .. then i reread , found u mentioned egg dosai. :mrgreen:

So..
    Since my kid is in daycare most of the time, I give our indian food in the evening only.. so today he had rice+moong dal+veg mix and some yogurt.

He tries and sometime eats lot of variety food in daycare. One day his caretaker asked me" Have u ever given cheese to him", I said 'no" .. she was saying no wonder he was making such a funny face. :mrgreen:

:wave

1 person likes this.
  8. karuth

karuth New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Nice to share ideas and( feel bit accompanied if someone gives normal food ;) )
    bcos I am very cautious on nutrition for lunch only, for my 2.9 year old son.If morning i compelled him for full food he wont eat in the afternoon. :(
    Today
    breakfast- peanutbutter bread.
    Lunch-ghee,carrot,dal,rice.
    dinner-pasta,mixed veg.

-karthika.

1 person likes this.
  9. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Mottai dosai was funny. My kid is with a baby sitter in the day, so the lunch and milk feeding credit goes to the good kind lady. Breakfast and dinner are what we struggle with, surprisingly yesterday was a good day - an occasional ray of hope :). Here's what my kid had yesterday

Breakfast: Toast with ghee and jam( this seems to be a bread vaaram )
    Lunch: Rasam rice and boiled carrots
    Evening snack: few pieces of apple, few raspberries and kaju katli( our Chitvish recipe )
    Dinner: Almost half a bowl yogurt rice. It is great until this point and after that he refused to have even a sip of milk in the night( probably because of his cold )

-Gayathri.

10. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Selvi,

That's funny. You made me race back to my post to see whether I spelt muttai as mottai. However, I gave my "mottai" - "muttai" dosai yesterday for breakfast.

Today breakfast - Ragi kanji (but she wanted my bread toast and we swapped our breakfast 50-50 :mrgreen: )
    Lunch - Rice with toor dhal & mashed veggies
    Dinner - Nestum + milk

These days feeding her is more of running around for me and I get hungry and get feed myself like hell :tongue .

M