1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What did Humpty Dumpty have that I don't?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena,

To say I was aching with laughter after reading this would be apt. I came rushing here to read after Kamalji frightened me off with being the biggest loser if I missed this one. But then, how was Kamalji to know that I make it a point to read(sooner or later) whatever it is you write these days for it puts me in a cheerful mood.

Besides wanting to congratulate you for being nominated, something which you have become quite used to I think, I did not have the gall to miss out this gal when she writes about missing (or not missing) her gall bladder...

Now, don't listen to Mindi and Aruna and go jump off some wall cause I bet you will then wish to be glued all over again instead of those nasty stitches it may fetch you.

I am glad that the gall bladder has no significant role to play in our bodies and if its loss produces so much laughter, I think we should all contemplate its extraction. But then, not all of us possess the humor of a Meenasankaran!

L, Kamla

2. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Raba. I am so happy to know that you got a laugh out of it.

After seeing the many LOLs in this thread, I am positive that my gb's soul will rest in peace now relieved by the knowledge that he (????) didn't go down for nothing. Thank you for that, my ILite friends.

3. meenasankaran

Thank you Radhika. :) The time to sue the doc has come and gone, my friend. So if I am bent on getting those stitches, I have to go in for another surgery. Given my luck, the doctors will end up scooping out a peanut-sized problem this time. Is it worth the aggravation? :biglaugh

4. meenasankaran

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. You are so right. I do believe that there is humor in every situation, every failure and every hardship in life. Learning to laugh at our own failings and troubles is the best way to diffuse many potentially difficult and health-threatening situations in life.

//and to your friends who have said I am sure you would have said, 'stitches, what stitches....the GORILLA glue has gobbled them up'.//

Ha ha ha....good one.

5. meenasankaran

Thank you ganges. It warms my heart to know that I made you laugh. :) And yes, I am alright now.Thanks, again, for stopping by.

6. meenasankaran

Ahhh.....ennaa oru villaththanam Spiderman! (What villainy!) With a single word, you shaved off years of your age at my expense. There is only one word for this. PRODIGIOUS! HA HA HA....

Kidding aside, thank you for the lovely Winne the Pooh card and kind wishes. :)

7. meenasankaran

You humble me, k2s. It is always my pleasure to try and provide a bit of comic relief in this forum (or anywhere else for that matter...ha ha ha) every now and then. Thank you for always being there to cheer and motivate. I do appreciate it. :thumbsup :cheers

8. meenasankaran

Dear Oopall,

Thanks for sending some kind thoughts my way. I am all healed up and no lighter for the trouble. :-(

As for the side effects of pain meds., ha ha ha ha ha................:biglaugh

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

How are you doing now Meena? You have humour in a mad morning...you are blessed, I say!

sriniketan

10. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

Hello Meenasankaran - Been there, got poked by more than a couple of doctors and paid a fortune AND I have few 'Vizhu Punns' too. I have to admit that I am proud of my 'Vizhu Punns' just because I don't want to spend more money getting a plastic surgery done on me.. My hubby is a surgeon and I am still trying hard bargaining with him to get it done without spending too much of his money ..... :rotfl