What could make you leave your job?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Rakshana, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Rakshana

Rakshana New IL'ite

We know that quitting a job is not a nice option .. at all. Still, there are times we feel like this is the only way to solve a problem, or maybe we cannot cope anymore with the conditions there.

What are the reasons that would make you quit? Sexual harrassment? Low payment? The way you are treated there?

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear raskhana,
    every person has different reasons to quit. 1st time i quit when i got married & came to different city.then the next time when i got pregnant .the last time i joined , my son was 3months old.within a mth i quit as i felt too much guilty about leaving him & was not even enjoying the job .he is now 3 but i have not rejoined again.
    pragati

3. KiranUs

KiranUs New IL'ite

The most important thing that would make me do this would be sexual harassment. I could not stand that..
    Another aspect that would bother me would be the mistreatment received from my coworkers. I would feel an outsider and would not resist much...

The low payment i could stand.. but not for very long. If i would feel i am underpaid i would first search for a new job, a convenient one and only the leave.

4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

I have changed my job three times - the first one because we moved - that was hard because I had a very understanding boss and great co-workers. The second one was because the partners of the business split up - and it was a blessing in disguise because I was not very happy there. The third one was voluntary - the working conditions were deteriorating - the morale in the office was on a downhill slide. I stayed there because I had a lot of flexibility and it was important to me at that time. But I did not take up another job for the sake of changing. I really looked before I changed because I wanted to make the change to the right company. After a year, I found a job that I liked - yes, I was a bit worried about the change - but I went for it and a year later now, I am so glad I did!!! Hopefully, I dont every have to change!

5. presci

presci Senior IL'ite

Hi everybody,
    I joined my company in July 1995 and i worked till July 2002. I resigned because I was overloaded. But the boss and staff were good. For 2 years i dint get any job and rejoined the copmany in May 2004. In Mar 2006, i got married and i had to quit the job because of difference of opinion in my house and husband's house whether to go for job. Becuase of financial constraint in my mother's house i convinced my to take up job, but i didn't get anywhere and again in May 2006 , rejoined my company for the third time. SInce my was performance was very good my boss took me again saying that next time i wanted to quit i must give 3 months notice. THe second time i quit the job without informing. But now after i rejoined now the business has become dull and all my juniors who have become seniors now are treating me in a different way and there is a cold war between us.Also since the business is dull my MD is treating shabbily by shouting for unrealted matters. I am not happy at all now. I want to quit the job and i don't know on what grounds i should resign.
    Please suggest me a way out. I am coming to office with 100% no heart.
    THanking in advance.
    Luv,
    Presci

6. keerthi

keerthi New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I would quit my job for any of the following reasons:

1. If the learning curve in my job is coming to a standstill indicating nothing new to learn.
    2. If the job is not challenging and getting bored.
    3. If my boss is going to do micro management, does not trust me for good work.

Of course, harassment and mistreatment are something that I cannot stand.

Regards,
    Keerthi