1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What can you not live without ?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Tubelight, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Raba

I was very amused to read about the connection you made ! LOL !
    Glad you found my post enjoyable and thank you for the kind comment.

:thankyou2:

2. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mithy

I hope your listing helped you see what things were absulutely essential for your life and what were just impulsive accumulations !

Glad you enjoyed reading this so much that you want to read my other posts too ! Its so encouraging !

3. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Hai Lakshmi,

Superb.

Your writings will never feature in my list because, can ever your own hand, legs, eyes, ears, mouth feature in the list of what you can not live without?

I wish my wife doesn't read this since I might be topping her list and she might strike off due to the involuntary action. :biglaugh

4. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Nats,

How abs. generous of you ! Very grateful.

Thats a quite 'Nat'ty thing to say about your dear wife !:biglaugh

5. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear TL,
    Thoroughly enjoyed the blog.Amazed reading the list of things you can live withoutand your conclusion that you can live on love and fresh air.
    You are a sage my dear.
    On my part I can live without love because my dh's love for me,well I have taken it for granted and it would flourish in our life whether I accept it or not.So also the love of my other dear ones.Oh yes Iam sort of a cold person,not cool.

I just can not live without my computer which is my lifeline now.I cannot live without the help of the young girl who is there to take care of me.I cannot live without playing with my grand daughter Sneha who conmes to our house every day in the evenings.And thee are so many other things like a cup of steaming coffee in the morning and evening.

love
    mithila

6. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mithila
    What ! Me , Sage ???? Wow, all I do is reel off a theory , with absolutely no practically demonstrated verification, and I get crowned as Sage !:)

Once I spent two days in the Ramana Ashram in Thiru Vannamalai, without any of the usual , everyday clutter . It was a great experience and an eye opener of sorts. But my life is still bound to others lives and I have to live WITH everything, no ? So, real Sage-dom can wait !:biggrin2:

I can't accept that you are a cold person, Mithila! Esp., not after reading that heartwarming post about the Anjalis ! "Taking for granted" the love and affection of your loved ones only shows how you have so internalised the rich emotion , that it has become part of you.
    Thank you so much for writing and for sharing the list of the precious things that bring you happiness.
    .:thankyou2:

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Good post Lakshmi...

First thing we all cannot live without is air and water..
    I cannot live without loving and understanding people around me.
    I cannot live without my thoughts wandering every nook and corner of the world..which keeps my brain busy:thumbsup

But certain things marks their presence, when they are out of sight.
    For eg. as our car is for service now, my daughter feels hand-tied without the car.
    When the telephone bill was going high, we told our daughters that if they are not going to watch the usage of their cell phones..the cell phones would be out of sight...to which our daughters became :spin and told us...'We cannot live without it":biglaugh

sriniketan

8. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sriniketan

A pretty neat list of "cant live without "s !
    when we get used to certain things in the course of living , we start imagining we cant live without them, while in actual fact we can, if we want to! :) Only, we see no need to take up such challenges !

I can well imagine your daughters terror at the prospect of life without cellphones ! :biglaughMobiles are such indispensable things now. But we did live nicely without them not very long ago, and we will do without them too,when some better technology comes along !

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

9. jr8671

jr8671 New IL'ite

Hi TL,
    I have been a silent viewer for quite some time on IL. But your snippets really urge me to post a comment. You have a natural gift. Not only are you articulate but you are also so darn funny! Its not easy to write funny. You bring a smile to my face. So please do keep writing.
    -JR

10. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Simply superb style of writing. I loved this article as it made me think and rethink and also made me go down my memory lane.

I typed a long message to this post one week ago but it just vanished .......it was too long and good i can now type a short message.
    I thought from the age of 5 till today what all are the mandatory things i cannot live without.
    The list started with my father at the age of 5 came up to friends at the age of 17, then went to chat and mobiles at the age of 20 then went to hubby darling at the age of 25........but now at 30 when i sit and relax and think and think.........that when i become 60 i will not be able to live without my healthy body doing things on my own, good drinking water and 2 sets of plain neat good clothes.

Though your write up was funny .......it makes us pull our thinking cap and ask ourselves these things that we are so used too.......are they useful in our life that we cannot deaddict ourselves from them.
    I think you gave us all a sweet .............pill hahaha.

Keep up the good work.

Love,
    Parvathi.