What can You Make in 10 Minutes from Your Kitchen Right Now for Kids?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by hrastro, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Memories

Memories Senior IL'ite

dear op, i wanna drop by your place, since you have a lot of stuff ready to eat :)

1 person likes this.
  2. devi123kar

devi123kar Gold IL'ite

Just like what the title of the thread says this happened to me when i called 2 of my friends and each have a son and a daughter as I don't have kids on my own I don't know what kids will eat I never go to their houses also I have no idea. I made carrot kheer and bhel puri less spicy one as I can fix bhelpuri after coming from work. They came home I gave them the kheer and bhel that little boy told me I don't eat this do you have chicken soup I told him I don't eat chicken and don't have chicken soup, then he asked me if I have Maggi we didn't have maggi also I told him no dear I don't have maggi. He asked me if I have chips damn I was on a diet so I didn't have any. His list was on and on I felt embarrassed to answer no for everything, so I asked his mom if he will eat puri and potato bhaji she said yes, I felt relived I microwaved the potato and started preparing the dough for puri and chopped onion for the bhaji finally I made puri and bhaji with in 10 mins..

While he was questioning me I was thinking of my mom what she would have done if I asked the same questions while visiting someone's house when young? OMG she would have killed me.

2 people like this.
  3. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Sunni undalu - dry fry 1 small cup udad dal cool and run in mixie till powdered fine - add powdered sugar, melt ghee into the mix and make small balls :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Armaity25

Armaity25 Silver IL'ite

This is the first time I'm posting here.Here's something quick and healthy,ready in 10 minutes.Its a Maharashtrian speciality.Hope you all will like it and the kids too.

1)Ghavan-Take some rice flour in a bowl.Add equal quantities of water and milk.Make a thin batter.Add some salt.Make a thin crepe like dosa on a tawa greased with oil.Cover it with a lid and cook for some time.No need to turn.Serve it with some coconut chutney.

Anoder one,here it goes-

2)Date and peanut Laddus-In a mixer add 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts and 1 cup seedless dates and coarsely grind it.Make small laddus.

4 people like this.
  5. veenasrikanth13

veenasrikanth13 Senior IL'ite

hi wonderful and handy recipes thanks a lot dear.

6. Sasikarthik

Sasikarthik Junior IL'ite

Hi,

If we have atta just mix salt, water and onion and prepare dosa and serve with chilli idly power.:)

7. kraftkrazy

kraftkrazy New IL'ite

In a hypothetical situation like this, I will make:

Nachos (one can baked beans/ kidney beans/ black beans + 2 tbsp pasta sauce, olives/ jalapenos + mixed herbs and salt, mix and heat in microwave for 2-3 minutes, top with cheese and one more minuye in microwave, serve with nachos)
    omlette
    Besan cheela
    Quesadilla (if i have tortilla or roti at hime)
    frankie roll (if tortilla or roti is at home)
    sandwhich
    grill cheese sandwich
    sev poori on crackers
    crackers and dip
    poha
    upma
    bread pizza
    sprouts chaat
    khatta dhokla instant (but chutney has to be trhere for that)

actually it would usually be serving one of this to them as starter and meanwhile dishing up something else. Depends a lot on kid's preference

1 person likes this.
  8. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Cook Rice, Muddapappu. I have avakaya in my home always. So I can serve rice, mudappappu, avakaya and ghee Divine combination.

Instant dosas(All flour/Wheat/Oats etc). Upma, Semiya upma, Poha, Uggani, Sandwich

1 person likes this.
  9. Armaity25

Armaity25 Silver IL'ite

Here's some more from my side:
    Masala Khakra-In a bowl mix some onions,tomatoes,coriander-all finely chopped,chilli powder and chat masala.On a plate place a khakra.Spread the mixture on it.Serve.Can add steamed sprouts or corn if available at that time.
    Egg chat-Boil some eggs.Peel them and cut it vertically into 4 pieces and place it on a plate.Make a mixture just as above but without sprouts or corn and place it on the eggs.

1 person likes this.
  10. satvicka

satvicka New IL'ite