1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What can i take for SIL who would be going thru an operation?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by deepshikha, Oct 20, 2007.

1. deepshikha

deepshikha Senior IL'ite

I am going to India next month . My younger SIL has long been treated for infertility. She'll be going thru an operation regarding same next month. I want to take some gift that can be useful to her at this time. Any suggestions?? We get lots of herbs etc. here , is there something which can be useful to my SIL? Thanks

2. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Ur intention is gud,but still my suggestion is dont take anything that will remind her of her treatment.Let ur visit have positive effect on her.Take things casually to her like u would buy for anybody like handbag,bath set,etc girls like these things.Sometimes we may do things with gud feelings but what if the other person dosent take it in right spirit.So I personally feel it is better not to hurt her in any way trying to help her.Because infertility is a v sensitive issue & a women without even realizing it may become jealous of another fertile woman.I am not saying that ur SIL is j of u but I want to warn u of the outcomes ur innocent actions may bring up.It might unnecessarily cause issues.
    My 2 cents,let us see what the elders & experienced ladies have to say.

3. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai Deepshikha

Even i feel the same, suji is very correct and iamso happy for ur intention

Jus give her Strength -

by ur action,

soothe her by ur positive words,

pray for her and

SUPPORT/ HELP her by all means

I personally feel that,SARIRA OTHASAI IS VERY IMPORTANT than anything so try ur level best to help her, this is my opinion

I will definitely pray for ur SIL

latamurali

4. deepshikha

deepshikha Senior IL'ite

Hey thanks girls, it never occured to me that my intention could be misinterpreted :eek:mg: .... Thank you both for making me realize that. I will surely take some normal gift like cosmetic handbag etc. and will help SIL in other ways i can. Thaks again