1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What are you reading now?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Nandshyam, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

So, last night i went to my favorite store where I buy books all the time. I was waiting at the counter to pay for the books I bought.There was an Indian guy asking the sales guy at the check out which book he recommends. He had The Fine Balance (Mistry) and The Book of Negros (Lawrence Hill) in his hand. The Sales man responded that both the books are really good. Then the Indian guy turned towards me and asked me what I recommend. I said, The Fine Balance (considering the guy is Indian). Then he looked at me oddly, paid for The Book of Negros and left behind the Fine Balance [​IMG].
    I was mortified and livid! I couldnt meet the sales guys eyes with whom I used to make some small talk all the time!

Why did this guy ask my opinion in the first place if he only wanted to choose the other one?!
    <!-- / message --> <!-- edit note -->

2. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

Reading now "Baby and Child Care"..by Dr. Benjamin Spock..

excellent and one essential handbook for parents of developing children from birth through adolescence

taking tips and lessons from the book for my little chimpmunk...:)

3. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Finished reading Michael Connelly's 'Echo Park'. This is the first book I read from this author. It was nice really. Very practical detective story.... I am not sure whether I post this already or not...

Now I am reading Nicholas Sparks ' The Guardian'. This is my first romance book and the first from this author. I started this book as I didnt had anything else in hand... As I am mystery novel fan, I thought I wont be reading this completely... But I started the book yesterday and finished 120 pages... Its written in very simple English and going interesting... :)

4. vidyajithesh

vidyajithesh Gold IL'ite

Hi Rakhi,
    I know how u wud have felt at that time..but dont worry, some people are like that..they get some kind of saddistic pleasure in insulting others..nywez..here goes from my side to that stupid guy.U bloody #@#^@^*@*&#@*&*&@....:thumbsdown
    how dare u belittle our dear rakhi like that..?
    hey i know this isnt enough to seal your hurt but atleast this should cheer u up and make u feel better..tell the guy to go to hell and enjoy ur life..:yes:
    remember rakhi..there are a lot many people in this world who value ur opinion, he doesnt because he doesnt deserve it...shakehead
    u r the best and we all looooovvvveeeeeeeeeee uuuuuu...:kiss...so Chillout!

luv,
    vidya

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  5. parijata

parijata New IL'ite

Right now I am reading The 12 pillars by Ken Follet...interesting read!

6. Shriya55

Shriya55 Senior IL'ite

Recently i have finished with "The Seeds Of Success" by Jim Myric. I tell u this book gives lots of positive energy to me and motivates me very much.:)

7. SharanyaD

SharanyaD Bronze IL'ite

I finished reading "The notebook " by Nicholas Sparks. I enjoyed reading the book, it is with so much of pure love.... Now started with The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho....

8. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

Sharanya, nice to know you are reading Alchemist. I am currently reading The Devil and Miss Prym by Paulo Coelho. I read Alchemist a few years back. An excellent book indeed.

9. sreenidhishar

sreenidhishar Bronze IL'ite

am reading The Hobbit by J.R.R . Tolkien.

anyone who loved LOTR shd read this one. its awesome.

10. sreenidhishar

sreenidhishar Bronze IL'ite

there is a book called WHERE THE MOUNTAIN MEETS THE MOON based on chinese fantasy. its targeted at young adults. but still it can be enjoyed by adults too.