1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What are you reading now?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Nandshyam, Mar 28, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear all,
    Drop whatever you are reading and go get Curious Lives by Richard Bach. It's a collection of short stories presented in the format of fable. The characters in the stories are all ferrets ( a specie of cat family).
    Once you finish reading that, you will be changed irreversibly for ever.
    love,
    sridhar

Archita,
    I read One Night @ Call Centre twice, one after the other. It's much more wonderful than five point some one. Don't ever miss that book.

love,
    sridhar

2. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi sujithra,
    jodi picoult is great writer i have read two of her other books and found them interesting.just start on it and i am sure you will be hooked to it!!!i just finished a book called past secrets by cathy kelly now going to start on a book called amazing grace by clare dowling!
    happy reading everyone!!!
    regards
    pavi:coffee

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Varlotti,

since I'm in the process of re-reading Richard Bach, I am as suggested by you, picking up "Curious Lives" - I absolutely love Richard Bach and haven't read this yet.

Thanks for the suggestion and I will write a note after I am done. I am quite excited.

4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Just finished reading A Thousand Splendid Suns - what a moving story. There were times that I had to put the book down - it was so disturbing to read about the plight of women. Just started reading "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortensen and David Oliver Relin. I heard that it is very good. Will give my review after I finish.

Another book that I recently read was "Standing Alone in Mecca" by Asra Nomani. The author is an Indian Muslim who grew up in the US - she was a colleague of Daniel Pearl (of the Washington Post) - she is featured in the book and movie "A Mighty Heart". It is autobiographical account of a muslim woman and her journey to Mecca. Very interesting and informative if you like introspective books.

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  5. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

I am half way through The Devil and Miss Prym by Paulo Coelho. Paulo weaves a tale of temptation in this one. Paulo's style of narration is simple and there is always a certain kind of freshness in his stories.

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I have started reading "The Lost Continent" by Bill Bryson. It is hilarious. I remember reading about it in this forum - went back all the pages to check to thank the person who suggested but could not locate. So dear friend, thanks a ton - I am really enjoying the book.

7. janaki25

janaki25 Senior IL'ite

I finished reading 'After Dark' by Haruki Murakami afew days back and am currently reading 'Playing for Pizza' by John Grisham.

Has anyone read The Secret by Rhonda Byrne?Plan to read it next.Heard a lot of praise about it.

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Janaki,

I have read it and yes it is worth a read - there are also many books on the same lines (Dr.Dyer etc). However I think I liked the movie(DVD) a lot more than the book - it is more appealing and powerful.

Happy reading!

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello friends
    Just finished one night @ call centre
    Have started Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho.

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Architha
    It is good one it is about the people working at the call centre, with all the ups and downs in life and later how they get a call from 'God' and their whole life changes.
    The advise God gives them is interesting; to read in the beginning you feel a bit bored but later it is good.