1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What are you gifting your Valentine this Velentine's day ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Gayathri47, Feb 6, 2010.

1. geethabm

geethabm Senior IL'ite

Plan a gift for ur hubby on V Day....

Hi friends..

Valentine's day is coming in another 5 days... so what hav u planned to gift your hubby.. i have seen many of my friends , who doesnot think much abt this day as a special day and they consider this as specified day for lovers.. but we married women are more than a lover to our dear hubbies.. Many of us are married for a long time and are totally busy with kids and responsibilities... The kind of love you find in a newly married couple should always exist even if you are married for 10 yrs or so... this refreshes your relationship a lot..
    Try to share sweet and small gifts on these kind of occasions....
    This will make you feel younger by heart and iam sure hubbies do love this kind of expressions from their wives..
    Need not be an expensive one.. anything that shows your love towards
    your hubby ...
    Refresh your relationships ..
    Good Luck..:gift:gift

2. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

I havent got anything.. I had my 6th anniversary yesterday and dint do anything as well. Got a card long back and I gave it to him. Was feeling very sick so dint even cook and had to have the leftovers. Valentines day is going to be un-eventful as well..

He actually proposed to me on Feb 10th and then we got married on Feb 9th couple of years later. Initially we used to celebrate Feb 9th, 10th and 14th .. :rotfl Now, it is just YET ANOTHER DAY :rotfl

3. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

I am planning for a treasure hunt in our house.. We decided not to spend too much money on gifts this year. So the gift might be a simple one (card + chocolates / flower). Should wake up sometime in the middle of saturday night and plant all the clues.Our house is small. so I am trying to keep the clues to 5 or 6. I hope he enjoys it :hide:

4. meena2

meena2 Senior IL'ite

Lately, we have been having lot of arguments and I am damn tired and frustrated. I have said it all in my thread 'Fighting on vacations....why??' in the me and my spouse sub-forum.

With all you wise Ilites out there, I have finally realized that it is me who triggers him to this extent that finally our life has become vulnerable to these emotions and all left is bitterness.

For this valentines day I have resolved to turn a new leaf. I will step back if any discussion seems to be taking a wild turn. I will control my temper and mind my words since lately to win over something I have hurt him too much.

On valentines day, I plan to cook nice dinner for dh...all his favorites. Will hug him and kiss him and say I am sorry. I mean it. :kiss

From now on my tone will be 'yeah, you are right, dear, now let us move on'..........:rotfl

5. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

My DH is much satisfied with the luv that I shower on him rather than the materialistic things that I gift him.
    Bundles of luv to my DH on V'Day.

6. mahdee

mahdee New IL'ite

Wow, nice topic....this would be my first valentine's day...so i am all excited to spend this special moment as i was desiring to have from my college days :p..Well at that time had no partner..n we used to think its all about gifts.. cakes , movies n stuff :p.).ha ha )jokes apart
    I m planning to create my own valentine greeting card...after all its all about seeing your partner happy and full of smiles :) and rest is a memorable day with my DH's plan for a movie and candle light dinner :)

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I bought 2 games for him...BioShock2 and Darksiders. He loves his new PS3 and I hope he likes these two games as well. Other than that, juts a card...I am also planning on baking a carrot cake and cut it in heart shape. Hopefully it would come out well :)

8. radhakarthik

radhakarthik Senior IL'ite

A big :kiss to my dh on valentine's day, i love you karthik, i love u soooooooooooo much:kiss:kiss:kiss:kiss:kiss, rest all censored :thumbsup

radha

9. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

I have ordered for a magical cup. The cup is dark coloured one and when some liquid is poured our honey moon photo can be seen on the outer wa ll :). Didnt give him still, have ordered and he is taking me to some movie for Valentine's day. I have ordered it in the gift shop in the same theatre :) So pleasent surprise.