1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what are u feeding your 6-9 month old?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by loonypooh, May 26, 2010.

1. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Today's lunch for DS:
    In a small 2lr pressure pan, 1tsp ghee(butter got over!), saute carrots, beans and pumpkin, add pre-soaked(1/2hr) moong dhal 1tsp, pre-soaked rice 1tsp, ragi powder 1tsp, lil jeera, a tiny pinch of salt. Pressure cook, cool, blend with little texture and serve. He loved it :D Made chup chup chup sounds while relishing :)))

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

thats a very good recipe. u know Pon DD loves easum but hates khichdi, if i give her textured veggie puree/soup with easum she loves it, if i give her veg khichdi she hates it!dunno why.

also Z and V can start a Easum fan club... she LOVESSSSSSSS it.

did u try nestum stage 2, rice,dal,veggies? we alternate easum and this at nights...for convenience

3. akshu02

akshu02 Senior IL'ite

Mommies,

Am looking for some suggestions/tips here...DD is 6+ months and I have introduced only 2 veg(carrot/potato) purees and apples so far. I am planning to start ragi this week. Planning to give that around 12 in the afternoon. I also want to try other veg/fruit purees. What time can i introduce this?? Or should i wait for a week or so after introducing ragi to try other veg/fruit purees again?

Also, DD does not seem to be satisfied with the feeds in the evening. I have been exclusively BFing her so far. Not sure, if my supply has gone down. Should i also give some solids in the evening as well(like nestum/cerelac)?

Ofcourse, i have read the schedules and recipes here on introducing solids, but am a little confused on how i should go about it. Could you ladies kindly help with your experience??

P.S : Not sure if this is the right place to ask, thought this thread to be more relevant.

4. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Poonam, All Nestum, cerelac, all kinds of stages and flavours are right away rejected! Even if i mix easum with them, he spits them! EASUM FAN CLUB :rotfl I dono what to do with those tins lying there!

5. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hey girls ....

1. I have so far given DD only home made food - purees, kanji etc. except for cerelac plain wheat. I want to know what readymade cereals I can introduce? Can I go for Nestum stage 2? Cerelac stage 2? I am also tempted in using some gerber cereals ... what say?

2. I have a place where I can get oats flakes? Is it ok to use instead of oats?

6. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Ramya, I gave DD nestum first stage initially and now she is taking 2nd stage.. I started stage 2 before a month..
    so I think u can very well start that now... It has a lil texture in it.. it is rice+moong dal + veggies... DD takes that with some veg puree/apple puree/water/milk

7. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

Pon, i have given away unused packets of cerelac wheat,cerelac apple wheat,heinz baby to the neighbours, they ahve a 6 month old so... she took cerelac for a wk,after which she wld just to purrrrr on my face....:(

so now she takes nestum rice in morning with mashed fruit, nestum stage 2 with additional veggie puree or as is, at night.

today i added a spoonful of ghee to khichdi and she had it! YEAYYYYYY.followed by 1/4 bowl of fresh curd.

ramya, u know u can use rolled oats, its not going to harm her. like these quick cooking ones, its just that white oats have more fiber, but they take quite long to cook as well...sometimes when i am in real hurry i do give her rolled quick cooking oats.:)
    we started her on nestum stage 2, 3 days back.... she doesnt dislike it. but still is an EASUM FAN!

girls, gimme some recipe for sweet potato pls pls.... i am bored of giving her just the puree of it :(. how else can i use it?

8. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

gomathy,

hello! how u been?
    yes u can give her 2 scoops of easum/nestum with water.. see how she does. if she is okay slowly add 1 oz or so of fruit/veggie puree...that makes a complete dinner for her at this stage.

now u can start her on the following veggies n fruits.. ofcourse one at a time, following the 4 day rule.

veggies-carrots,sweet potato,peas,pumpkin
    fruits- applesauce,banana,pear,plums

yes u can give her ragi too.. i tried my hands on ,on making malted ragi powder at home, to be honest, i eventually chucked it.
    padmini suggested silverspoon ragi ,and it is REALLY good. u will get it at the chemists.

take 2 tiny spoons of this ragi powder, add enough water, a miniature amount of jaggery syrup to this and cook constantly stirring for 3-4 mins.
    give this to baby.start with very small amount and see how she does. :)
    and if u see lotsa ragi in her poop dont get scared, its a rule that
    WHATEVER GOES IN MUST COME OUT. lol

9. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Today i mixed 2 spoons of rasam in his lunch , rice flakes+roasted bengal gram+green gram and sago and rasam,,,hmmm its yummy and he liked it very much...
    I am still confused on what to give him in the evening around 5.00PM, DS didnt like apple these days and that is the only fruit i have introduced him and no veg so far...
    For nights, i still give him geeth kanji (roasted gram), suggest me wat else i cangive him....

Pon and Poonam, Hayagreev also joins your Easum fan club....he loves that...

10. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

padmini, just chk the post above u, same u can follow :)