1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what are u feeding your 6-9 month old?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by loonypooh, May 26, 2010.

1. ammmullu

ammmullu Gold IL'ite

19 months old baby my baby not eating anything properly. baby very lean . 7.30 am 50 ml milk 8.30 am half dosa 11 am 1 smalll cokie or potato chips or cooked baby carrot 1.pm curd rice mixed dal 2.pm 50 ml milk 4 pm7 half cooked aapple mix with greek yogurt 7.00 pm 1/4 chapathi 8.30pm 50 ml milk 9.30 pm potato chips 3

2. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Thanks ramya, this helps a lot :).

Yesterday I made peas with mint, I mashed with potato masher. While I was feeding her I thought she wouldn't be able to digest it, so I couldn't resist and pureed it a little.

Mine also eats a little less when it's texture, I am assuming food with texture is more filling, so they need less compared to thin purees.

Cooks

3. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

I noticed there are many ladies here who give idli, dosa to babies. Can you give these to an 8 month old? I dont usually make idli, uttapam or dosa at home, I have all the tools though.

Is there a special recipe for babies? or can I use the ready made powdered mix they have in Indian stores?

For now, I just give veggies, rice and moong dal to baby. I would like to try to give her something different for breakfast, so was thinking of idli or uttampam.

Any ideas of how to first introduce these and what to add later on (like spices, veggies , ghee etc...)

thanks,
    Cooks.

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes idli/dosa/uthappam can be given to 8 month old. Idli is one of the safest food item. No special recipe for babies. Just regular recipe. I have never used the ready made mix so not sure about that. This is how I started:

Idli dipped in warm water -- Idli + Ghee dipped in warm water -- Idli + Ghee dipped in top layer of sambar -- Idli + Ghee dipped in sambar -- Idli + Ghee with chutney

For Dosa:
    After giving Idli with top layer of sambar. -- Ghee Dosa with Sambar -- Ghee Dosa with Chutney

Since DS get his fair portion of veggies separately I have not added any veggies in idli. But with DD I used to add peas, corn, pureed spinach, shredded carrots, shredded beets in the batter.

5. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Thanks ramya, I'll go ahead and dig up my idli recipe.

Cooks