what are the precautions to be taken to avoid pregnanacy ?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by mahdee, Jul 4, 2009.

1. mahdee

mahdee New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I am new to IL. I will be getting married this oct' . I thought of posting my query inhere as I may get few good advices and its good for me to know few things personally as well.
    So, can anyone pls suggest few safety precautions to avoid pregnanacy....many say tablets aren't safe as they may stop pregnancy.and..condoms are safe upto an extent.

what is the safe time actually. .after periods or before periods?
    got too many queries like this :(..

plss suggest ..

2. 12adityas

12adityas Bronze IL'ite

Condoms are the safest bet. Pills might end up disrupting bodily biological functions in the long run & hence are not the recommended method in this respect. Also, if you & your spouse have sex during the first 20 to 25 days immediately following your periods, then you have small to zero chances of getting pregnant.

3. mahdee

mahdee New IL'ite

Thanks for responding Aditya....ya i also believe pills aren't safe.
    Also if we avoid pregnancy in the early stage say around 1-2 yrs...are there less chances of getting pregnant later?

Have seen few cases where firstly few ppl avoid n later they suffer n try hard to get pregnant.

4. desihubby

desihubby Junior IL'ite

Inaccurate. High chances of pregnancy around the mid cycle of your period because of ovulation. Pls google for 'safe period' and 'natural birth control' and you can do the reading for detailed info.

Deepa, You should talk to your doctor about medical questions for reliable answers.

A desi hubby

5. Ajith

Ajith Silver IL'ite

I can vouch for condoms. It worked for us 100%. I didn't want my wife go through the pill routine.

Depends on your age and your hubby's age and other factors. Consult with your doctor.

Ditto here.

6. kajol123

kajol123 New IL'ite

its better to have a talk with a doctor so that will have enough information .

7. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

It is best for you to talk to your doctor.

However, I'm on the pill and it's really great. I'm not encouraging you to go that route, but I'm just saying my doctor has told me it is safe and I believe that. Yes there is risk, but the risks associated with the pill are far less than compared to the risks of pregnancy. Millions of women all over the world use hormonal birth control and successfully conceive later on. Also, hormonal birth control is 98% effective. Condoms are 75%. I have used withdrawal method, condoms, and hormonal birth control, and out of all of those the pill has given me the greatest peace of mind.

But if you are wanting to get pregnant within a year of marriage, I would suggest using a condom. Although there should not be a problem in getting pregnant after using the pill, it does take a few months for your body to get used to the hormones, so might as well skip that hassle and use condoms if you are only seeking a short term birth control method.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Best of luck!

8. mahdee

mahdee New IL'ite

wow...thanks all. In all ur suggestions I see that I shuld consult the doctor first and know whats appropriate for me..thanks all :)
    Hereby closing this thread.
    thank you

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009