What are the chance of getting pregnant in ages around 40s?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by subakutty, Dec 4, 2015.

1. subakutty

subakutty Platinum IL'ite

Hi ILites

I want to know any success stories/suggestions who got pregnant {first or second one} naturally around age 40s.

My age is 37 and my DH age is 39. I am trying naturally for over 1-1/2 years with no success.

2. subakutty

Hi Ilites

Please anyone reply/suggestions if you are seen or got experience.

I am waiting for your reply..

3. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Two of my aunts had babies at 40 and super healthy babies. It all depends on your egg reserves and egg health. Why not visit a gynac and know the facts of conceiving at 40.

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You need to immediately consult an ob-gyn and get both of you tested. Some women conceive easily in their forties, some will need help. But if you have been trying for that long its time to seek medical advice.
    Statistics don't mean all that much. Your individual numbers are the only thing that will matter for you. Several of my friends have had kids naturally in their late thirties to early forties, but no such luck for me.

5. HKR

HKR New IL'ite

My grandmother had an unplanned healthy pregnancy at 45 and gave birth normally to a son after 3 older daughters. My aunt had her son 15 days before my uncle was born!!!

afcpreethi likes this.
  6. NirmalaGoofy

NirmalaGoofy Gold IL'ite

It depends on individual health. I know many relatives having child around 40s. Consult a gynec if you are trying for 2 years and not successful. Pick a good one because we dont want the doctor who sells fear and give options of IVF and other things...

7. aniya

aniya Senior IL'ite

Dont worry about age, go to doctor and check whats wrong and try all methods including IVF if required. Rani mukherjee just had a baby at 37 or 38. All starts have kids in late thirties and early 40's...

8. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    My aunt got married at the age of 35,waiting for 11/2 years to conceive.. didn't happen..so she went for treatment IVF and got pregnant and delivered a baby girl.She was sure that she might not get pregnant naturally anymore..to her surprise she got pregnant naturally at the age of 40 one more time.so there is no finite rule for pregnancy to my knowledge.visit a gynec..all the best.

9. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

My cousin married at 41 to a girl who was 37, they have a healthy 18 month boy who is almost 3 feet now.. but the girl is pure vegetarian

10. subakutty

Thank you all for your replies. We both are on treatment now. After reading your replies my mind is relaxed. Thank you again for your positive vibes (reply).