What Are The Best Travel Agencies To Travel To Thailand Singapore Malaysia

Discussion in 'Travel' started by gitika, Jul 10, 2017.

1. gitika

gitika Senior IL'ite

Hi

I am really naive to travelling around world. I just have my passport. Are there any travel agencies which get head to toe kind of services like including making visa ,getting forex done for expenses at foreign nations like thailand ,Singapore and Malaysia. Please list all travel agencies and their various services like and also which are top rated ones...I am interested to explore These 3 nations

Regards
    Gitika

2. Cielo

Cielo Bronze IL'ite

Hi Gitika,

I have always used SOTC for sending my parents and extended family on tours abroad in the last sooo many years. SOTC assists with Visa, Forex, airport drops/pickups and even fetching traditional food in some places abroad. Never faced any glitch so far.

The next one I have great experience with is Yatra.

Hope this helps. By the way, Congratulations on securing a passport. Hope you have a lot of good trips and cherish those good moments!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    Sandycandy likes this.
  3. gitika

gitika Senior IL'ite

Hello Cielo

I really appreciate your quicker and accurate response.
    I am very naive to travelling. I never travelled to any abroad palces. Do they do visa and give based on which nations or places we are visiting and do we need to visit separete centres for getting visa,forex and passport done or just visiting their prime office is enough, I mean if I just go to their office and hand over the passport copy (is original or copy is required ) , and any other documents do we have to provide apart from passport like supporting address or date of birth proof documents, for getting visa,passport and forex done. Do we have to hand over out passport and come. Or instantly when we go there they will do things instantly within 1 hour at their office like registration for tours,(which package we want like I want want Andaman and Goa or Thailand,maldives etc) based on whichever places packages they support, will they give me all acknowledgements,tickets, like flight tickets and return the passport and Visa along with new forex money required at various places I visit. Or I need to visit some other day to collect them all. Please reply from layman point of view all the steps in detail you do that is required as a knowledge for first timer to go. I appreciate greatly your in-depth response i am expecting from you

Also will there be be any guide present who will take us to various places and how all important spots at concerned places. I believe even the accommodation, food everything will br planned by them

Regards
    Gitika

4. gitika

gitika Senior IL'ite

@Cielo

Please reply indepth to my above query

5. Cielo

Cielo Bronze IL'ite

Hi again Gitika,
    [I have tried my best to answer in detail here - but feel free to message me for any further questions. I'll be happy to provide you the info needed.]

Interstate Travel (within the country)
    You do not have to visit their office. Most conversations could happen over phone or emails. Their initial questions will be usually around:
    - Do you have a place in mind?
    - Do you have a holiday plan in mind? (Religious, adventurous, relaxing n so on)
    - Number of days you intend to plan​
    Based on the answers, they will devise one/many packages for you and provide you the option to chose a suitable one. Accordingly your accommodation (hotel suite/resort/bunker beds) would be determined along with the schedule/activities that will be packed in your itinerary. All these would be emailed or couriered to you - based on your consent to move forward, the money to be deposited in the account mentioned by them. Then tickets and other details confirming bookings would be mailed.

Additional paperwork and permissions required to visit certain places are also covered by these travel agencies. For example: Sensitive places like Arunachal requires a permission letter 24 hours in advance; Andaman requires ferry tickets to be booked in advance to visit each Island and so on. All done at one place when you fix your package - you don't have to go from office to office.

On the day of travel, a contact person from the travel agency would meet you at the departing airport/train or bus stations to ensure your boarding. Similarly, you will be received at the destination station by another travels' person who would make sure you reach the accommodation safely. The stipulated points where a contact person would meet and how to reach them if lost will also be specified in the emails.

If it's a group travel - a bus will pick you at your accommodation, the next day, along with group members who have reserved from the travels accompanied by a tour guide. For individual travel, a cab with a designated driver would pick you to take to places of interest and would act as a guide as well. They even drop you to places to shop or eat and wait until your shopping is over. Many packages have breakfast included with the accommodation - you may have to fend your lunches n dinners (again depending on the package/options).

International Travel
    Some countries provide Visa on entry which will work more or less like an interstate travel in this case - Thailand, Maldives being some of those. Here, you can reach the destination country, stand in a queue and get the visa stamped on your passport as you enter that airport. Other process here with the Travel agencies works the same as as interstate travel.

For countries that require a prior visa, you will have to visit the Travels' office - leave your passport, sign application forms required by consulates and deposit money for the stamping and additional to be converted. In case you are unable to visit your office, couriering your passport and signed application forms to their office would work as well (but you may really not want to send through important documents like Passport through courier).

All other process works the same as above except in case of currency exchange, a contact person will be present at stipulated points/airport to help you with it. Most times, the amount they would quote for the entire package would include your personal expenses as well. For international travels, if you require traditional meals, they will make the arrangements accordingly - either at the place of stay or take you to a place that serves it.

A contact information is provided to you at all your destination places to contact when lost or for any emergencies. The same contact would track you and make sure you are safe at the end of each day.

I hope I have answered your queries. I will be happy to answer any further questions - feel free to PM message anytime.

Start planning a trip right away :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    GoneGirl likes this.
  6. gitika

gitika Senior IL'ite

@Cielo

Hello Cielo,

Thanks for the burgeoning level of voluminous info you provided.

I wish to travel alone. Do pls reply for each of the following points highlighting your answers below each of quests I asked

1)so for interstate travel in India, like pondicherry ,Goa, Andaman I guess I will not require any visa passport.

2)depending on assume if I want to travel to Andaman,coorg,goa but if they have Andaman,pondicherry,Ooty then probably they will say we don't have 1st set (former one as combo) but they can propose to me the later one that is Andaman ,pondicherry ,Ooty as combo to avail. So I can avail that. Am I right ??

3)I believe for interstate travel is within India. So for interstate travel which one is good by bus or train. Also I want to know for interstate travel, the travel guide will get connected to us the moment we board the bus or train or he will connect once I reach 1st place in combo. Assume if I have planned for Andaman combo. 1st place I travel is anadaman. So I can catch up with my travels guide only post reaching Andaman or he will meet me at boardknvof bus from blore (assuming my departure is from blore )
    Will the guide be involved only in accomodations, food or also showing all important places in anadaman, pondicherry and Ooty. I believe right from boardknvof the bus till drop back at base city from where I started this tour package, he will be always there to take me to concerned homestay,or hotel ,shopping, sight seeing places there to visit etc. I mean guide will be just like our follower or shadow

4)The email sent from SOTC itself will be enough as acknowledgement tickets that I am participant in that your package,am j rite, or there will be separete tickets sent in email whose printout need to be taken

About international travel

1)so when you said some nations like Maldives and Thailand offer visa and forex, probably ,our guide or contact will help us to know exactly where after landing down at airport ,we will get the forex money & visa stamped on passport.

2)Also are the original passport required to be submitted, and once we go to their office to submit passport and deposit required amount, will the agencies give me the passport that day itself, or it will courier the passport to my address later. I am asking since passport is very importnt credential & can't risk to loose it if I leave in their office and come back. If they will courier when will hey do it. For international travel, is the copy of passport or original required.

3)when will we get to know the guide, who is taking us to various places ,accomodations, & shopping, sight seeing etc . As soon as we board the airplane or at reaching the destination airport, that time we will meet. And one we meet the guide, at destination or onboarding in airplane, will he be accompanying our trip throughout the tour wherever we go or he will guide us only for important tourist spits to be visited at that place. Assume I went to Thailand airport. Once he (guide )connect me at Thailand, airport , does he follow guide me by coming along to show the hotel or lodges, and then carry with me to various well known palces to see like sight seeing thailand affords for various tourists to see etc. Also do we have flexibility to demand to show us selected places to be shown to us by our guides in Thailand like assume if I want to see, Phuket railway beach,Koh phi phi etc. Or within the package of Thailand tour, SOTC will have few designated and specific locations to visit for exploring and sight seeing etc.

4)Also I guess at each nation we are travelling which will be our hotel or lodge to stay will be already fixed by SOTC and we need not decide after we go there, based on whether any lodge or hotel has seats then only it allows. I believe SOTC books, for every Traveller the hotel or lodge for every nation. Also will this hotel or lodge change on a daily basis. Assume on the 1st day if I stay in some ABC hotel, on 2nd day I should shift to XYZ hotel based on places needed to be visited or explored on 1st,2nd,3rd days of stay in that nation like thailand?????

5)How will the mode of travel from hotel into which we stay to shopping places where we want to buy something in that nation. Will it be by some city buses or cars. Will that also be priorly booked by the SOTC like city travel services of Thailand will have a TIE UP with SOTC??

Can you please reply all these things. I am already very very grateful for the immense informations help ,insight & volumes of gr8 info you provided. If you hopefully answer all my above points I shall be very grateful.

Regards
    Gitika

7. Cielo

Cielo Bronze IL'ite

Passport may not be required to these places assuming you are an Indian citizen. But, one valid photo ID card is always required while traveling - your citizenship card, PAN Card and so on. If you don't have any other photo ID card then passport is required.

Yes - but most cases, you will be able to customise your packages since you prefer to travel alone and not a group. And in cases, the packages are seasonal or valid only till a certain time, they will provide you the options of current availability.

With SOTC the longer commute are through trains and shorter ones (3 to 4 hours) are usually through buses. Exceptions are during holiday season like April, May and Dec, Jan where trains are usually overbooked or unavailable, buses are introduced.

There will be a guide to show all important places. But he/she may not necessarily accompany you to all the places in your combo package. They may help you board a bus/train to one place to another and at the destination location you will be greeted by another guide or driver to take you around and show the places of interest in that destination. There will be one guide/contact person per place.

You may be required to take printouts of copies of tickets or display on smart devices as rail or bus departments would require tickets in their formats to be presented during travel.

About international travel
    Your currency money will be converted and given to you before boarding. For example if you are traveling from Bangalore to Thailand, the currency will be given to you by a contact person at Bangalore airport before you board Thailand airways. This person will explain you what to do after reaching Thailand airport and where to get your on arrival visa done and where to wait for the another guide to meet you. After reaching Thailand (Bangkok Airport), you will be guided by the airport staff to get your entry stamp and then after collecting you baggage, if you reach the stipulated location or parking the other guide will receive you.

For any travel where a VISA is required, original passport is mandatory so if the travel agents require you to submit passport at their office, they mean the original one only. Since, it takes more than one day for any Visa to come, you may not receive the passport on the same day. In such cases, you may have to visit their office again or receive them over courier. In cases, where the travel agent asks you to come to a visa office or consulate to submit your documents and passport, chances are there where you may receive the passport the same day.

For example if you are on a trip to Thailand covering Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket all for 2 days each in your package. You will received at Bangkok airport by a guide who will be your guide for the next 2 days in Bangkok. He/she will pick from your hotel, take you around, show all places and drop you back to hotel and go back. Next day morning, they will pick you again and so on. After 2 days, they will drop you to a bus station that will take you pattaya where will be received by another guide who will be guide for the next 2 days. He/she will drop you at the airport and help you board your flight to phuket. At HKT airport, another guide will be waiting to pick you and so on. In individual travels, you will have liabilities to alter places in your packages to some extent

Most of the times the hotels are pre booked and confirmed by the travels. They have tie-ups with the hotels so will have additional bookings done for peak periods as well. So, when you package is finalised, they get the hotel room reservations as well. Unless any issue arises, you may not be required to change places of stay within the same city.

Depending on your package, individual cabs are arranged for pickup and drop. In some cases, you may have to take public transport if not included in your package.

Can you please reply all these things. I am already very very grateful for the immense informations help ,insight & volumes of gr8 info you provided. If you hopefully answer all my above points I shall be very grateful.

Regards
    Gitika

8. mani75

mani75 Silver IL'ite

Hi Gitika,

Nice to know you want to travel.

Here are a few pointers from a woman who has been traveling in a group and independently for 20+ years

1. Understand the geographical locations of the places you want to visit. For example Andaman & Puducherry are on East coast of India and Goa is on the west coast. Combining all three destinations in one trip is not a good idea.

2. Have travelled with SOTC many years ago and they have a good reputation. They will assist with visa and Forex. You will know your guide only at your destination airport when you land there.

3. Visa - many SE countries offer visa on arrival. Check their requirements independently in their consular websites so that you are prepared. Personally even if visa on arrival is offered I prefer to get the visa if available from the consulate before I travel.

4. Visa - most countries now want to include biometric information while giving visa so even if your travel agent is handling everything you will have to visit the visa office atleast once.

5. I know a few local travel agencies like KESARI Travels, VEENA World and also COX & KINGs offer women's only group travels. you can evaluate them as well. I have not used any of the above.

6. Always ask to speak to others who have booked the same tour so that you can ask them for reference and their experience before you book.

7. Some group tours include all meals while some will include breakfast and one meal per day. Please check these details.

8. Some tours will include only a few important places for sightseeing. For other places you may have to pay extra or make your own arrangements. Also for entrance fees for some attractions will not be included. Please check this.

9. Since you are just beginning I would suggest that you make a few trips within India before you travel abroad. this will give you a sense of what to expect when traveling alone or as a single person.

10. Please research on the internet for the destination you want to visit. I can recommend a website Indiamike.com which I use extensively. It is mainly for travel within India.

Finally I can only say this that as a traveller you will experience what you want ... If you keep an open mind you will have the best experiences. Don't have any preconceived notions about a place
    Or their people and you will have a good time. At the same time you have to realise that as a single traveller there are certain comman precautions to take like not to go with unknown people that you have just met or not to go to areas known for criminal activities. Be careful in crowded area with your belongings, money and documents.

I have traveled with SOTC to SE Asia. I have travelled with family with me making all the arrangements to Europe, 7 countries in SE Asia, Nepal and many places in India.

I hope you enjoy your travelling experiences.

BR
    Mani

9. gitika

gitika Senior IL'ite

@mani75

When you mention documents to be submitted at the consulate. Probably what are all the documents they expect like ,,(voterid ,pan card, adhar card, 10th or 12th certificates for date of birth, passport and any other apart from these, pls list what are all the maximum documents they ask and even if they ask some specialised documents that we have to generate only for that travel, pls list them also.

Is it possible to request forced, visa and every other things well beforehand at the consulate office itself, just as you mentioned like "though many nations give or handover visa on arrival to destinations, but u prefer to collect well beforehand in India itself at their office. Even I am interested to get all my documents like passport ,visa well before hand my travel instead of hassles to searching on arrival to destination for visa. So what and how should I request them, to provide beforehand. What and how should I request SOTC to hand over the visa to me beforehand. Please reply. Also assume if I don't want to shop anything, just whatever are streamlined to seeing as imptnt places there if I adhere to, then I guess, always guide will be with us to show the places. And moreover we won't be knowing where in which areas the shopping malls exists, so for asking the guide to take us to shops which are famous there I guess do we need to pay extra charges, will there be something like a package which supports to see ,shop places of our own, and a guide will come along for those special shopping we want to do apart from sight seeing that is covered as part of package. And also there will be package to show only sigh seeing without scope for any specialised shops visit that only we as individuals want to visit.??

Regards
    Gitika

10. gitika

gitika Senior IL'ite

@Cielo
    Pls reply if you also have idea. And Cielo you also said that yatra is also good. Which tours and travels has maximum benefits among both. Other than SOTC and yatra are there any other travels which are best. Also do you see that reviews of this SOTC as best and most liked and loved than any other travels by most of the people, since I want to go for highly ",Traveller (,myself) simplified kind of portfolios tours snd travel agencies".

Also the biometric info required should be provided at visa office, only once I guess, once it's done,whichever nations want that biometric, can refer to that travel & tour agencies as we would Ave once already done it unless we take up different travel agency like yatra where still our biometric is not done