What are some good birthday party venues for Toddlers?

Discussion in 'Indians in Austin' started by poojitha, May 19, 2015.

1. poojitha

poojitha New IL'ite

Dear IL'ites,

What are some good birthday party venues for toddlers? My son is 4 years old and his birthday is a couple of months away and I am exploring options. Would love to get all your ideas on this.

P

2. sonu

sonu New IL'ite

Toddlers loving jumping place - pump it up, inflatable wonderland, jump street etc. That is one place you can't go wrong.

I like pump it up particularly because they take care of everything. They do it like a clock work. One host is assigned to you and they lead the kids on the whole thing. As a parent, all you need to do is to oversee this and take photos/videos.

Some allow you to bring external food and some don't. If you are inviting a lot of adults and plan to order Indian food or something, you want to check with the venues individually.

Another thing you want to be careful here is to make sure that you lead the actual cake cutting part. Else, these folks do it so mechanically that you don't get all the kids surrounding to sing happy birthday or that you don't get some good photos. This is critical because if you don't get good photos, the memories become hazy.

3. simi

simi Junior IL'ite

Another place is Kiddie acres. If it is during a time that is not very hot, this place is excellent. You can bring outside food. There is a train ride which was a big hit. Only downside is that since it is an outdoor place, cake cutting also happens outdoor and hence there is no back wall to put up decoration etc. It should also not be windy, else things start flying around.
    Amusement Park & Miniature Golf, Children's Birthday Parties | Austin, TX

4. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

Hi,

You could try Gattiland. I like the one in Round Rock. Their party package was very nicely organized. They have bumper cars and mini golf that little boys will thoroughly enjoy. They have few more game stations but the above two are a hit!

Regards,
    Roshni

5. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Poojitha,

We have done birthday parties at Gymboree play & music when our kid was a toddler. they have an hour of music classes, then open gym time (my kid loved this the best) and then cake cutting.

It is pretty expensive, so look out for Groupons and it will help. You just need to show up there with Birthday cake and some huge bag of snacks & juice packets (from Costco/Sams). They take care of the set-up, entertain the kids, provide party supplies and goody bags and finally they will clean-up. It will be totally relaxing and enjoying completely with your toddler.

Perfect indoor place for Summer Birthdays in Austin :)