1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

What Am I Doing Wrong In Intermittent Fasting?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by deepthivinayak1, Apr 11, 2020.

1. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I started intermittent fasting to follow it as my lifestyle. I am doing 16:8 intermittent fasting. I started on Jan 21, till now 95% following it daily. Some days I eat even after eating time. I lost 2 kg but on n off I gaining back and back to my weight on Jan 20(before intermittent fasting)
    I follow 16:8 fasting.
    I eat my last meal at 6.30 pm and eat next meal at 11.30 am.
    In morning I have one black coffee without sugar,after that only water till 11.30 am.
    In night even if I feel hungry, I have water but no solid.
    Recently 2 week back started ab exercise,even then my weight is same.
    I eat normal food which my family eat like idli,dosa,upma in night.sometimes parota,noodles ,pasta ( but won’t eat after 7.30 pm)

what am I doing wrong?

2. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

i started on march 1st and so far lost about the same 2kg. i could improve a lot but trying to sustain this as a life style i have not yet made any drastic changes . but my once tight dresses are fitting now which is what i am measuring. this is my longest stint so far . got off the tracks a few days already in this month but still ok. couple of IF fb groups that i follow hugely recommend drinking close to 150oz of water intake ..i am reaching just about 100oz so far. i am just trying to eat salads more than before , but not reducing carbs a lot as yet ... people do keto or low carbs for 3-4 months (and keep it from coming back by choosing IF as a lifestyle) and lose a lot in the group which i closely follow but its not sustainable for me . i have learned from there that after initial 16:8 , maybe we can periodically change the hours to 18 , 20 or so as per your convenience and also carbs cycle , varying calories intake and fasted exercise preferably but anytime is good enough. dont follow strict timings which makes our body used to it quickly . and focus on the quality of the food and if you feel full and not too much on the number of calories you are consuming . this is my longest streak yet and definitely continuing it though my results are far too less exciting and slow just because of my carbs , water intake and less exercise ..slowly taking baby steps towards it. i have seen people seeing very slow progress initially but they still went ahead with following it and gradually saw the difference. thats my inspiration to follow it too.
    i will be following to see what helpful ideas come in this thread . thank you for starting it .

3. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Thanks. Even I was hesitant to try IF but I want to follow something which I can follow forever and won’t stop in between. I was confident that I will lose weight or inch lose but now no changes. It made me think about it.? I am seeing many good reviews about IF but not for me.

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:For long lasting, ever lasting youth and shape, I follow the following:

Eat king size breakfast

Prince like lunch

Pauper like dinner.

2. Somewhere in medical book, I read that morning breakfast is the chief and one can ignore in the long run inviting disastrous hormone balance or deficiencies of enzymes.

3. These are required for optimum production & maintenance of thyroid, estrogen, testosterone, and cortisol levels and pull together have telling effects on metabolism I suppose.

God Bless His children of all ages & Godspeed in optimal mass.

deepthivinayak1 and pumpkin01 like this.