1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Age Hair Starts Graying? How To Treat?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by anika987, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Hi!

I am not gonna reveal my age, but that if you are concerned about having natural dyes only; then go in for organic henna/indigo or products from an online store called krya, they are believable in their claims

I do not know if they ship to US

anika987 likes this.
  2. Swapnakadari

Swapnakadari New IL'ite

Anika.

Its quiet became common for almost 75% Women are facing Grey hair issues. Either they are going for Hair Dye or Black henna or Premium coloring Agents. Many say there is perfect solution for grey hairs. Still there is no permanent solution. Obviously one has to take lot of care, right from food to hair care products, Shampoos, Conditioners, Gels etc., Lot of best hair care products are also available in the market. And good hair care treatments are also vested upon by Beauty Clinics.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2020
    anika987 likes this.
  3. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

I'm 34 and have some grey hair. I used Revlon and Loreal in the past but then I stopped because of excessive hair fall. Now I use henna mixed with some coffee powder as it gives a brown burgundy shade and I'm OK with it.

anika987 likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Can you give me the mix propotion?

5. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

@anika987 , one tsp of coffee powder for 100 g of henna

anika987 likes this.
  6. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

@anika987 Try this!

Henna gloss to cover greys and condition the hair
    Bring a big cup of water to a boil, add a tsp of instant coffee powder and two black tea bags,simmer for a while till the decoction reduces to half the amount.Squeeze and discard the tea bags.When the decoction cools down mix with 3 tbsp of pure henna powder (Godrej Nupur Henna is good) in an iron container, add a tsp of Eucalyptus essential oil (this not only helps in giving a darker color but also helps in overpowering the odor from egg),mix well and let stand overnight.

Simultaneously soak a tbsp of fenugreek seeds in a small mixie jar in enough water overnight.Grind the fenugreek seeds into a paste,add 4 tbsp curds and grind a couple of times till it becomes soft,keep aside for 30 mins to 1 hour. This gives enough time for the fenugreek mixture to thicken up.Whip again to make sure there are no grains left.

Just before applying add an egg to the fenugreek mixture and grind again,this is now a very soft and thick mixture.Mix in the fenugreek mixture with the henna mixture.

Application - Separate the hair into sections and apply starting from the hair roots till the ends, make a bun,wrap head with a cling wrap or wear a shower cap.Leave for 3-4 hours. Wash with cold or luke warm water.Dry the hair naturally.Oil hair before bed time, leave overnight and take head bath with a herbal shampoo the next day.Repeat the gloss treatment once a week or every 2 weeks as desired.

Note - It is always recommended to do a patch test to make sure one is not allergic and use pure henna.My sil used this and reaped benefits.I am now a fan of this gloss as it not only dyes the grey hair but also makes the hair bouncy.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    anika987 and candidheart like this.
  7. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

I have been using this henna with coffee/tea decoction mixture. It did cover the gray and wasn't too orange. But beware everytime u wash hair the coffee smell would come through which is not very pleasant.

Another tip is to apply this mixture to washed and dried hair for better color adherence (wash hair dry and apply this to next day hair)

I have also added beetroot juice sometime to this mixture and it gave me a deep burgundy color which is really nice

I am also told that applying indigo powder later will give you a natural black color. Yet to try!

For some people fenugreek can be too cold , so check once and then decide.

@anika987

anika987 and virtualkv2020 like this.
  8. riyass

riyass Guest

you can also use Tea powder mix with henna and make wonders , there are so many videos available in youtube to prepare it so make use of it and keep your Hair Loss and Skin Damage in Control because Hair dye spoil your hair and skin as well as .

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2020