What afflicted Arjuna ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meenu,
    You always have nice words for me - I cannot thank you enough !
    Now around us, we see youngsters going through this "Arjuna state of inner turmoil". At such times a person loses his ability to think correctly and crashes very often under self-created miseries. For this, the educational treatment is given by Krishna !
    Thanks for your F B.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    You are progressing excellently in bringing forth the 'Gita's essence in all its glory. And the comparison that you have made about Arjuna's psychic condition with the modern psychologists analysis of such a situation as “anxiety-state neurosis” shows how much pains you have taken to correlate a mythological event with the real life situations which should even lure the people who are cynical about the Gita and also people who have kept away from it thinking it is high level philosophy not created for their ilk. Now you would have realised that once you have taken up a difficult task with true sincerity, you are taken over by a Higher Power to accomplish it. And I am sure that the same Higher Power will let you complete it in the most satisfying way.
    And do continue with the same spirit saying to yourself the famous words of Robert Frost in his famous poem"Stopping by the woods on a snowy evening"-
    'And I have miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.'

3. Chitvish

Dear Malathi,
    Thanks for your nice F B.
    Though initially, everybody was asking for gita, now many seem to "shy away" from my posts !:-(
    But I am not one to give up! You know why? I realise the meaning of the term Karma Yoga. I derive immense pleasure in writing Gita articles, I polish them with all my "available word resources" & enjoy this mission. It does not bother me anymore whether there are many feedbacks or not. I do what I enjoy, to the best of my ability & march ahead !:)
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    You remember, when we were talking over the phone, you told me the same thing-It does not bother me anymore whether there are many feedbacks or not. I do what I enjoy, to the best of my ability & march ahead !
    I think after having had the opportunity to read the Gita, it wouldn't be worthy of us to have expectations; otherwise Gita would not have served its purpose.
    I have read the translations and meanings written by quite a few people on the Gita and I find that yours is very simple, easily understandable and conveys the exact meanings of the verses. I am sure, once you complete this big task, yours would be worth publishing, if not for your own sake, for the benefit of the future generation. Best wishes.

5. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra mam,

wow!!! what an excellent way of making us understand what exactly GITA is about.
    Mam, you are simply amazing :2thumbsup:

cheers
    sreelatha

6. Chitvish

Dear Sreelatha,
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I am not amazing! Gita, if understood in the right perspective is amazing !
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithraji,
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading . Your description of Arjuna's state of mind is simply superb. To be very frank, it's more than 15 years since i touched or heard about Bhagavad Gita. After reading this post, I feel as though I read the whole Gita. This surely gave me that much satisfaction. I guess many of our fellow ILites did not notice this post. I am sure you will get more fb's once they all read. Please keep posting!

P.S:As Malathy Jagan said, I am sure the future generation is going to be benefitted by these articles. You rock!

8. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mrs. C,

I am so thankful there is someone like you in IL who can explain Gita in such a simple way so, we can understand it. I am looking forward to the next explanation.

9. Chitvish

Dear Sindhuja,
    Thankyou very much for the F B & sweet words.
    When we are in Arjuna state of mind, Gita supplys anchorage to our confused minds & almost reconstructs our personality !
    If at all I rock, you are all the very reason for the same !
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Dear Madhu,
    Thankyou very much for joining us here. To understand Gita futher, a little more fundamental vedantic jargons have to be understood ! So this week, I will be back to "Pancha Kosas".
    Please stay tuned.
    Love,
    Chithra.