1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What about "day sleep"?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by krishnaamma, Mar 3, 2007.

1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Honeybee,

You can say it as a nap. No problem. :-D Really I feel very fresh and again I will sit before the computer and I will start browsing or I will type my recipes. Thanks for your FB.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Krishnamma,

I can understand your problem. I live in muscat. my kids leave home by 6.15 in the morning. husband leaves at 7.10 in the morning. by then i finish that day's lunch. so after that it is only me. What i do is i just go out of my flat. and just walk for a few minutes in the corridor.

I also walk inside the flat. I just move my hands, rotate my hands, and things.
    Yes too much browsing will make your eyes tired. (suggestion browse for 30 minutes. giveyourself some time. wash your eyes with cold water. then can browse after 2 hours. )

I have always felt that the temptation to take a nap is more after lunch when i switch on the tv. but by then my children are home around 2.45, both of them are here. I keep talking to them. (I can understand you cannot do that now as your son is not with you..) But my son keeps my mind alert. he is too hyper, asks question. you just have to talk something and he will start asking 100's and 100's of question. my friends are scared of him because of this.
    my daugther talks about her day. that way the temptation goes off.

And I read a lot. I just swap novels/books with few of my friends since we do not have a library here.

My suggestion is since you like to try new recipes, you can try when you are feeling sleeping. then you tend to become brisk because you are doing something you really like.:-D

This is my own way of trying to avoid the ...unless i am very sick. ( I have undergone 5 operations and an heart patient.)

Think i will not sleep in the afternoon. i will not....

Love.

Shanthi.

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    there is an article in today's halth section, promoting the nap in the day time. It seems that it reduces the risk of heart attack, if a person takes a nap for 30 min. during the day time.

Some solace this is, for people like me.

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Varloo,

Thank you very much. Really it is a nice news. Happy to hear this.:-D :mrgreen:

5. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear All,

It is usually advisable to take a "power nap" in the afternoons. In the US, I hear they even allow in some software companies. In my previous work place, we used to have a "Sleep room", a small room with a sofa cum bed. After lunch, me and my colleagues take a 15 minute walk through the parking lot, and I used to take a short nap for 10 minutes before I resume work. It helped me concentrate better and my productivity will increase 20%. Some of my colleagues go to their cars and take a short nap and come back. So it is not only not bad, it is even recommended.

So go ahead and "power" yourselves with a "power nap".

Love
    Vidya

6. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    A ver good query on health.:2thumbsup:
    Let me give my opinon on sleep first.Those who are working under presure from Moday to friday sometimes even saturday definitely a complete rest is needed in the weekends.Those who are physically working for a long time,sleep is the best remedy to come out of tiredness.Only sleep(a small nap) refreshes mind and it some times clears our irritation (Mental blocks)too.

Regarding sleep and obese ,it depends on their body nature.Some may always eat less but look stout.In such cases even they put a small nap daily,definitely it increases thier weight.For persons who are slim,it may not account much.But on the end of the road ,sleeping with out any physical activity is definitely risky(obesity rate increases) at health point of view:yes: .Daysleep is not a problem but not under the cost of our health(obese).so daysleep and weight dependson individual's body nature.

Wishing all a good health
    BC

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  7. vaidegi

vaidegi New IL'ite

hi ladies,

Actually, house wives who does heavy work by getting up early and doing kithcen works and other household works non stop can have a half an hour sleep on day time.

Others if they sleep defenetly increase weight and may spoils our mood too.

slepping in day timings that is am talking about more than half an hour will increases the weight and may spoil our mental health too.

regards,

vaidegi.

8. saratha

saratha New IL'ite

hi krishanamma,

why don't u try doing some handworks? like (embroidery, making some gift articles etc...) when we see things made by ourselves we will feel happy. please try this that will help u reduce ur sleeping time during day.

feel the happiness on seeing things made by ourselves.

if possible try growing few plants. we need time to spend with them daily flowers will refersh our mind.

atleast sow few corriander seeds in a wide mouthed pot feel the happiness when it grows.

regards
    saratha:2thumbsup:

saratha

9. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Madam Krishnamma,
    what i read in Ayurvedic books that sound sleep before taking food
    makes the food for easy digestion. sound sleep after the food increase obesity.But in general we cannot get sleep before taking food. similarly we
    cannot resist sleep after heavy food. But in the interest of our health better to
    avoid daysleep. we can avoid by mingling with our family members or friends
    and engaging in a concentrated work.we should be leftalone.For aged people
    it is admissable to take a nap of half an hour after one hour of lunch. Nature
    of the food like curdrice etc makes the mind drowsy and feels sleepy.So either
    by changing fod items or timings of lunch hours we can avoid day sleep.
    sd/SASTRY