1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What about "day sleep"?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by krishnaamma, Mar 3, 2007.

1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello ILites,

Here is my doubt. Is there any relation ship with day sleep and obesity? :confused2: ILites, your views and experiences are welcome. Write your ideas to reduce sleep in the day time.
    :)

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Krishnamma,

I am not sure if there is any relationship with day sleep and obesity. I personally feel, after a heavy lunch, you feel heavy when you get up from sleep.

I don't sleep in the afternoon. only during my periods/when i am sick i just lie down with a book. othertimes i keep browsing/watching news /cutting veggies for the next day. just get up walk. if even this does not help then wash my face. take a little black tea with little honey.

love
    shanthi

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    my mother used to literally kick us if we just as lay down during the day time, saying that we would put on weight. Sleeping heavily in the day may make one feel heavy. But as one ages, it is better to rest for a while in the afternoon.
    I feel very drowsy as soon as lunch and try to stay awake. But now I am finding it more and more difficult not to nap. But I feel that is because of my sleep apnoea problem. But I hear that by being more active even when we feel tired, we will get good energy and vigour. I am gearing myself up to go for walk at least 1 hour daily with my son - both of us are obese. I am waiting for his exams to get finish. I hope I have the strong will to keep to my plan.

4. vanmug

vanmug New IL'ite

Sleeping for hours together is no doubt not good. But recent studies have suggested that Mid-day sleep, or a ‘power nap’, means more patience, less stress, better reaction time, increased learning, more efficiency and better health. It also reduces the risk of cardiovascular diesases. So a short nap is definitley advisale instead of feeling sluggish and lazy throughout the day.

5. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear krishnamma,
    i read in tamil article,in that DR told sleeping in the noon will not put u up weight,itz only having heavy food,if we have more vegetables in our lunch,then we won't put up weight,if we have more rice,then surely v'll gain weight,he also told that after having food walk for 5 to 10 mins in the hall then have sleep.

6. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear Krishna amma
    Can I replace the term sleep with a nap? :wink:
    A short afternoon nap.. ( a max of 1 hr) will refresh you and make you more brisk.My personal experience.I have become an addict .
    The simplest thing I do to keep my weight under check is
    1.have a light lunch
    2.take a nap after a break of 1 hr after lunch.

Regards
    Honeybee

7. krishnaamma

Hi Shanthi,

I am getting not after lunch, after browsing in the net my eyes are getting tired I think. So I feel sleepy. Here in Saudi, I could not move any where other than my Flat. That is I can sit or <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>rome</st1:place></st1:City> inside my house only. I could not even go the next door. Even I don’t know from which country they are from.

So I must spent time by browsing and watching tv. Ofcourse I have to do my daily routine like cooking, washing etc., If you calculate in hours just with in 1 or 2 hours we can finish all the works, including the preparation for the next day food, like cutting veg. etc.,

Then how many hours I can browse and watch tv? Here it is very chill and could not go for a walk with my husband in the evenings. So while watching tv I will sleep with out my knowledge.:)

If I sleep in the afternoons, the particular day I will not get sleep at night.:cry: I don’t know what to do. If summer comes, I can go for a walk for about an hour and I will get good sleep in the night. Till that day I have to manage by washing my face, writing something or by browsing.:-D Thank you for your FB.

8. krishnaamma

Hai Varloo,

As you said I and my son both are obese. We both are in the same boat. I usually go for a walk with my son; here I have to wait for at least 15 days to have a walk. So I am just walking in our hall and bed room for 30 min per day. But I am not felling to have a sleep or nap after lunch, regularly. By seeing tv I will sleep. Even that not more than ½ an hour. Thanks for sharing your views.

9. krishnaamma

Hi Pranuthim,

Yes, as you said sleeping hours together (like night shift people? :-D ) is not good. I am not sleeping that much. But I will have a nap definitely.

Thank you for your FB.

10. krishnaamma

Dear Vivbass,

Here in Saudi we will get ‘kubus’, we can say it as Arabian chappati, I will take that one piece and will have more salad and ½ cooked veg. Your idea is good. After lunch walking for 5 to10 min. sounds good. Let me try from today. Thank you ya.:-D