1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What a day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knot2share, Feb 9, 2010.

1. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear TL - Yep, a bad hair day of sorts. Everything jinxed from the word go - it is not surprising anymore isn't it? I guess we just don't realise the range of things that are jinxed but can be prepared that there are surely going to be a few that are jinxed and related on a given day. Interesting!

Of course we have power cuts too. Why would it be any different? C'mon we are in Australia and not AUSTRALIA! if that says anything :). Ok, but seriously we don't have this regular power outage like back home in summer or winter. When there is a problem, it cuts off but most of the time we are lucky to have it available with no interruptions. I think from that perspective, I take these commodities for granted more than anybody else. It was a good eye re-opener for me. Thank you again and again for the comments. Ooroo!

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Aruna dear
    That was perrrfectly said Aal Izz Well!!...I had to laugh at that.
    It was not that bad really and the power was back up by 3.45pm.
    With hot breeze from all the open doors and windows and me walking
    around like a Japanese lady with a fan in hand, was quite manageable.
    But in that heat, I really pity the people working on that fault underground.
    It must have been quite tough for them. I am not sure if that lady called
    me or not. I haven't been able to get her today on the phone yet.
    Lets see how it goes and thank you for the wishes.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  3. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Ami dear
    You are right, I don't think we are able to live without all these luxuries. Same scenario I witness when we go on holidays to India at my mum's place and inlaws' place. There was a time when "good" water used to be available for exactly half an hour in the mornings and by then everybody is expected to have a shower etc etc and then everybody is busy for those 30 minutes filling every bucket and vessels for the day. Many live it tough even now and can't help but thank the Almighty for what we have.

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear Sree,

I agree with you ..what a day ? though if you are from namma naadu keralam you should be used to it :) but i think you are quite COOL u know..instead of fretting and fuming you chose to relax with a book and doze off with pleasant dreams..thats the right attiude for things we just cannot help.

but power shut down here(very rarely in kl only if some major repairs) does effect our social life... no computer and internet hhahah ..cooking and washing the load are all secondary...:biglaugh in india there are lots of other things we can happilygo about..if nothing else plonk ourselves on our neighbours house

hey waking up at 5.30 to go the gym..WOW i am impressed:thumbsup i get up that early only if we have to leave for an outstation trip :biglaugh

5. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Pad ma
    Yesterday surely was not that good a day and yes it does happen here too but not like back home. Only if there is a problem, we have interruptions and that too is very rare. If there a major issue to be tackled normally there is a notice of sorts sent to households so that they know about it and can be prepared. But otherwise no regular power cuts. Oh! you have given me a mini talk on Electronics really...eppovo padichha nyabagam idellam :). But you are right, we realise how precious it is when we don't have it, be it only for a few hours. Thank you for the feedback.

6. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Ubellah
    Life will surely not come to a standstill, no matter where we are. I am sure there are ways to work around it. I could have still cooked you know and instead of the auto ignition which does not work without electricity, I could have used a match stick to burn the gas and moved on with my work. But as always, I was lazy and chose to take it easy. Yes the old style telephones would surely have been handy in such cases. It is not something that happens regularly, so sometimes we tend to get caught up in the situation not knowing what to do. Thank you for your feedback.

7. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hey Shiva
    Thanks for the wishes and today has surely turned out to be better than yesterday :). Appreciate your sweets comments. Hope your cold is better now.

8. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Kamalji...C'mon I am still waiting for the 20 feedbacks!! hahahaha..Have managed only half of it till now :). Just kidding...as I was sitting not doing anything, I decided to pen down something quickly on a piece of paper and then posted it here as soon as I was up and running. So sweet of you to pen something on here as feedback. Love your kind words for me. Thank you.

9. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Soldier
    Ivide kandathil sandosham! Power cut does not happen here, unless there is some fault like yesterday. Otherwise it is pretty much a non-interrupted supply. I guess we all get caught when things happen out of the blue and when we are not prepared for something like this. It surely is a better day today. Actually other than the heat, it was pretty relaxing yesterday anyway!! Thank you for the comments dear.

10. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hey Monifa
    I think you better get it checked with an electrician as soon as you can. Else it could be that very soon you might really end up with a candle light dinner, as you have been wishing for !! Thank you for reading.