1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What’s The Worst Thing Your In-laws Have Done To You?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Patientone, May 27, 2021.

1. preeti6years

preeti6years Silver IL'ite

Don't Marry guys from
    Andhra: They expect more dowry. Just a few crores.
    Hyderabad: They would just want to settle in US no matter what comes and goes.
    North Karnataka: No compromise on food. Making jowari roti every day is a must even though you are in a dying situation.
    Bangalore/ Mysore : The girl has to be extremely beautiful and must be very orthodox.
    Tamil Nadu: Bring lot of gold and worship mami/ mama as if they are god's.
    Northern India: Put ghoonghat to cover your face and fall on the feet of ILs every other minute.
    The above lines are just on a humorous note to make this thread a little lighter.
    Honestly region doesn't matter and will not influence in any way. It's the inner most feeling and emotion what makes a person.
    If parents use their sons a fillers for all their needs, then for sure the girl is going to have a tough time.
    Again amid such situation if a guy is clever enough to balance then the girl will not have any problem

2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

You have to deal them like you treat a narcissistic person. Learn more on how to do it ( youtube or Google). Thats the only way to survive.

PurpleRoses likes this.
  3. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

chanchitra likes this.
  4. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

:clapclap:all indian sons (exceptions are ofcourse there) are spineless unless otherwise proven (by their exceptional behaviour:number_one:).

5. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

Bang on reply.:clap2:

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

This is a husband problem, not an IL problem. He needs to shut down this talk every time it starts.

7. sandhya2020

sandhya2020 Silver IL'ite

my inlaws have done all these things

8. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Giving too much importance to the elder son and dil and to satisfy their sadism treating the younger dil and her parents poorly. Even though we stay in a different place than them we are expected to attend to their every health issue every single time leaving all our work in our place but don't expect anything from the elder son and his wife despite their stay in the first floor not even daily cooking. Yet having insecurity and dont raise their voice against any of their atrocities thinking some day they will come to their aid. Always guilt tripping my husband that we don't stay with them though we attend to all their needs all the time. Dont understand his job needs him to stay in a different city. When they come to our place they don't lift a finger. Yet not a word of praise for the dil because their one word of praise will give her overconfidence and her attitude towards them will change is their mindset. Treating elder dil like queen because she is controlling and treating younger dil like a servant because she is subservient and is unlucky to have a husband who doesn't have a spine. Dunno why mils treat good dils badly and vice versa. I blame myself for leaving my job and bringing two girls in to a marriage with a husband who only thinks of himself his parents, brother and his wife. He thinks the only purpose in his life is to satisfy these ppl and take his wife and children for granted. Its more than my in laws my co sister is dictating all our lives. She is so capable but using that only to spoil our lives. I can forgive all that they did to me but not to my parents and I can never forgive myself for still not knowing how to tackle all these cunning manipulative monsters including my husband. All I wish now is my daughters study well and stand on their own legs and I keep telling them marriage doesn't define anything but their career does and financial independence is everything. This became more like a vent.

Madhurima21 likes this.
  9. preeti6years

preeti6years Silver IL'ite

Same with my case only difference being, I am the elder DIL and they stay with us.
    I will never be able to forgive them(including DH), nor forgive myself for letting them take me for granted

stayblessed likes this.
  10. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

There r a couple of things done by my inlaws and Sil.

1. MIL-FIL, SIL and her family didnt even bother to tell me if they r going for trip thinking I may tag along them.

2. Gifted me gold in front of relatives/friends, once they left took back all.

3. Me n husband planned an international family trip, there my inlaws accompanied us with an unmarried female friend of SIL. That unmarried friend all cost was borne by inlaws except flight, but she ensured to tag along with me and husband.

4. MIL finds my mid length dress as exposing, where as others (SIL and her unmarried friend) swim suits with halter neck and spagetti tops and dresses beautiful and decent.

5. SIL (housewife) can order outside food, whereas if I order from out, I am risking my family life during this pandemic.

The list goes on...

I have stopped thinking about them, do my duty now no feelings for them...

KashmirFlower likes this.