1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What’s The Best Thing You Love About Yourself?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Ten in all fine
    and stays green in memory.
    These loves of yours
    that you believe and practise
    Reveals you belong to
    The category
    That has faith in
    SIMPLE LIVING & H I G H THINKING”

Regards
    God bless us all.

nandinimithun and anika987 like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

:hello:That is nostalgic.

When I learnt to bind books, my first order was handed to me - a story in serial published in weekly Tamil magazine - By co-tenant aunty. I didn’t ask her any money but I told her my expenses toward cost of materials for binding - twine, gum, copper sulphate, needle large eye hole, colour-rangoli printed-paper & calico green cloth - just four Annas.

She went away to her Pooja corner and back with a large size one rupee coin. I declined yet she said it is to bless my business.

That was in the year 1955. My first earning was celebrated by mom and she made rava Keshri and served it in large cup to that aunty Jayam mámë who handed in the maiden order for my binding business.

Even today it is one of my “numerous loves”.

Whenever I get or look at a naked book - new or old or even ancient - I simply love to do immediately wrapping it in brown or thick calendar sheet.

Son in law handed me a lovely novel - brand new stout book to read and return. I said it is heavy and I will have to break it into three equal parts before commence reading, he responded, “never mind”.

I broke it into three along its stem and bounded into separate volumes and wrapped it and wrote in large fonts title vol I, II & III & book title along the stem. After finish reading , When I returned in three volumes his book, it was a delight to see his wide eyed delight.

upload_2022-4-2_12-35-23.jpeg

Thanks and Regards.

God binds humanity and the green-forest & creates amity among warring Nations!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    vidhyalakshmid and anika987 like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

:hello: Thanks for propping up and elevating my mood to a higher level this morning and trust that would reflect in my activities as day goes by.

I ever remain largely indebted to my parents and few of my preceptors who nurtured me that I look into more positive side of even disasters and be self-driven and motivate others so that they too enjoy to climb up every time they presume that they had fallen!

Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    vidhyalakshmid and anika987 like this.
  4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

The best thing about myself:

Being adaptable. I don't brood over the past and (mostly) enjoy my present!