Welcome to the club October 2013 Mommies !!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by SGBV, Feb 1, 2013.

1. rams22

rams22 Gold IL'ite

Wow SGBV ur so lucky i too wish i have a girl im strongly praying to god everyday for a girl......
    im not even looking through the boy baby names im just listing out girl names dont know what to do if i have a boy!!
    I wish here in India anyone could tell me the gender but its a crime....but people like me will suffer.....
    sometimes i think of asking the doctor about the gender because if its a girl baby ill be more excited than a baby boy so there is no need of keeping it a secret.......the main reason for not revealing gender in ultrasound here is that they are killing baby girls but i desperately want a baby girl now........ but im scared to ask them because its against the law.....

On the contrary all my family is expecting a girl from me......even my MIL is expecting me to have a girl......because my MIL has three sons so she is longing for a girl child in the family.....my co sis due date is next month we are expecting a boy for her......and a girl for me.....my MIL and FIL say we both will have girls.........lets see......:)

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  2. wannababy

wannababy Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Its been a while since I visited this forum. So far everything is going smooth. I have few questions. I'm now in my (18th week) and I have few questions.

- I'm getting very mild cramps (touchy tingling in stomach) all throughout the day. Is it normal?
    - When I went to doctor, she is asking me to go for downsyndrome test? Is it compulsory?
    - I weigh 4 lbs extra than when I got first pregnant. Is it normal? (My BMI 22)
    - How can I avoid swollen gums which is scary(not painful) if it harms my baby?
    - Can I see any difference in tummy at all? I hardly can make any difference around tummy.. Is it normal?
    - I'm getting lower back pains and cannot sleep properly? Where you all are sitting? (Recliner/Couch/Rock chair)??
    - I'm advised not to bend too much. How can that be possible for you all (in case of house chores)?
    - Are you all doing some exercise?

Can anyone reply please? :bonk

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  3. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

answers to some of your qns: -

- I'm getting very mild cramps (touchy tingling in stomach) all throughout the day. Is it normal? - [

this is Pretty much common esp due to stretching of ligaments

- When I went to doctor, she is asking me to go for downsyndrome test? Is it compulsory?

please see the threads on NT scan...this is very much recommended..its not painful, just a scan along with blood report, but get it done..

- I'm getting lower back pains and cannot sleep properly? Where you all are sitting? (Recliner/Couch/Rock chair)??

whichever is comfortable for you and gives good back support is best.!! use small pillows/ cushions below tummy and sleep on your left side for good blood circulation

- I'm advised not to bend too much. How can that be possible for you all (in case of house chores)?

keep all reqd kitchen stuff at arm lenght reach...in case anything to be taken from lower shelves, ask DH to keep it out ready for you to use..or better sit down in a chair and reach out to lower shelves to pick stuff..dont lift heavy weights

- Are you all doing some exercise?

mild walking is ok, nothing strenuous..best is to check with your Dr..in case of any risk factors, its better avoided.

4. wannababy

wannababy Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot ssm014. I'm really relieved.

What are you all eating at breakfast? I'm getting vomiting sensation when I drink milk with cereals or some v8 juice or some protein shake in early morning! What is the best food to take to quench the hungriness as soon as I get out of bed.

5. nishamishra

nishamishra New IL'ite

hi pooja
    congrats............
    i m a mother of 3 yr old princess and would like to tell u some thing
    a daughter is a daughter for life
    and a son is a son till he gets his wife........
    jokes apart dont think of anything it is only just that after getting married we leave behind many of our college friends, school friends, and many things. ofcourse nt all but countless things.
    God is giving u a best friend again who is going to b wt u for lifetime no matter what changes.

all d best darling.

1 person likes this.
  6. poojachinoy

poojachinoy Gold IL'ite

awwwwww thanks nisha!!

your bond with your daughter makes me feel so much more eager to see my princess soon..really need a bestfriend under one roof at this stage in my life!

thanks for the lovely wishes!

1 person likes this.
  7. poojachinoy

poojachinoy Gold IL'ite

@wannababy-i drink 2 ensure and a fruit for breakfast..then i cook and eat in the afternoon....

if you feel too hungry as soon as you wake up try eating a protein snack like eggs or a light turkey sandwhich..because proteins usually keep the vomitting sensation down and keep you full for some time...if you want something ASAP while you are still in bed have some dry crackers...or get up once while you are sleeping and munch on some crackers..that way you wont feel hungry so soon.

check the sodium content for v8 juice...i once drank its vegetable juice and was flabbergasted at its sodium content...

8. ktripura

ktripura New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this forum. I also wanna join this club. Now, I am 4 mnths pergnant. Good to see many ladies sailing in the same boat. Good luck all.
    I am also having severe leg pains, Vomitings now & then, no good sleep...
    and i heard we can go for Pregnancy Yoga so that we can reduce our leg pains.. and all. Let me know if anyone is joining for that

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi K tripura,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies. :) You can find our forum guidelines here..
    Congrats on your pregnancy. :)
    Eat healthy & stay healthy.
    Enjoy your pregnancy journey!

10. Svenkate

Svenkate New IL'ite

Hi All! Hope you are well! I think most of us are in, or nearing our fifth month - congratulations all - halfway there!! :) I am heading off for my twenty week glucose test tomorrow - hope that comes through okay... we went for an 18 week check up and are scheduled for a 22 week check up (could only get an appointment for the 23rd week) - so actually the 23rd week! lols... Baby is growing okay... but I still feel like I look a bit small... so I do get a bit worried about that... I don't remember how big or small I was when I was carrying my daughter... And...weigh gain/ or lack of - that's another stress point... every time I check, I don't see any weight gain... and I am trying, really trying to eat... ugh...

In terms of energy levels - are you guys back to normal after the first trimester - I read that once you are in your second trimester, you get back to your normal self... unfortunately, my energy levels are still quite low... wondering what to do about that...

Hope everything else is going great with everyone! Hugs from me :)