1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Our Home and Hearts

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Apr 4, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

[JUSTIFY]I have just been thinking about a friend, who is the mother of a smart little girl. I see them often going for a walk in the park and stop to talk to them. It is so entertaining to talk to the little one. She will ask "how are you, did you have your coffee, I had my milk, come to my house on Sunday or I will come to your house on Sunday". This is standard. Everything has to be done on a Sunday. She is very endearing and I always think how lucky the mother is to have this little girl and how lucky this child is to have a mother like hers. But here is the twist. This is not my friend's biological child. She is adopted.

I know two more couples who have adopted baby girls - and hold your breaths - they are twin girls. I bow to such couples who firstly go in for adoption, and then adopt a girl and even more creditably twin girls. This is the indication of a healthy trend that is catching up in our society, where people choose to adopt girls. What a whiff of fresh air these couples are in a culture which traditionally prefers boys. I was quite surprised at the couples going in for twins, given the fact that it is tough enough bringing up one child, let alone two at a time. One of these couples got both their mothers to help them out - both are high profile professionals - and the other looked after both on their own - the mother stayed at home and looked after them. Both couples had this to say: When they went to adopt, they were offered one of the girls, but when they got to know that they were twins, they did not want to separate them and brought both of them home. I was so touched. What large hearts they must have.

I used to see one of the pair of twins (adopted by stay at home mom) coming to play in the park. The father is really tall and sometimes he used to bring the kids to the park when they were just little toddlers. What a sight it used to be to see this extraordinarily tall man with two little human beings toddling along uncertainly on their little feet behind him like a pair of chicks following a hen. Absolutely fascinating and heart warming.

I always think of all these couples as glowing examples to the younger generation who want children. They are providing a home and a hearth and their hearts to the little children who have been abandoned or orphaned. The children are in turn bringing a lot of joy, laughter and life into the lives of the parents. Now that they have come home, the parents and the children belong to each other. Nothing else matters. Nobody is going to tear open their veins everyday to check if there is a "blood relationship" and no one is going to check their DNA and genes either. All that matters is the change they have wrought in each other's lives.[/JUSTIFY]

2. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Dear

satchi felt happy to read such a post.Really adoption is a good one.Because orphan kid life will be brightened by parents who are adopting them and parents life will enjoyable and equal to heaven.even they are adopting but they never thought it was a adopted child because they truely love the kids.

Your way of writing is excellent able to understand the feeling,happiness,pain,sorrow and everything here.

i am happy to feedback you as a first reply

your first paragraph friend kid was very cute and child intro was very sweet [​IMG]

The twin story is amazing one to hear.How dedicatingly the parents taking care this twin daughters. [​IMG] [​IMG]

yes normally in our society boy babies are given more importance but girl babies,kids are adopting these days is an wonderful improvement in the society

excellent one satchi [​IMG]

3. satchitananda

Thanks so much Soniya for your first feedback. Yes, isn't it nice to see such examples and to hear of such people? I really admire them very much. Soniya, your smileys are soooooo cute. Really.

4. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Dear satchi

EXCELLENT ya !!!!!!!!!

"When they went to adopt, they were offered one of the girls, but when they got to know that they were twins, they did not want to separate them and brought both of them home. I was so touched. What large hearts they must have."
    [​IMG]

For sure God resides in the form of human beings !!!!!!!

The kids are fortunate to get such kind parents and May God will bless them with all happiness and all best things in life.

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear satchi,

A heart warming story... hats off to all couples who adopt:hatsoff

And thank you for writing about such brave people :)

Akila

6. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Dear Satchit,
    """"""
    Nobody is going to tear open their veins everyday to check if there is a "blood relationship" and no one is going to check their DNA and genes either. All that matters is the change they have wrought in each other's lives.""""
    The above mentioned lines were true one and you have very well putforth the message.

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

A very nice write up satchi. I am very glad to hear that they adopted twin girls. Now-a-days many adopt only girls and it is necessary to give protection to girls. Pass on my congrats and wishes to them.

8. kanthaeikon

kanthaeikon Gold IL'ite

Dear Satchi
    Every child deserves a home and love.
    I like Jayalalitha for - during her tenure of chief minister in Tamil Nadu she started a scheme - who hate girl child they can just drop the girl in that thotil (joola) during that time the death rate was minimal

nice thread so touchy
    kantha

9. satchitananda

Sunitha, nice to see you back here. Thanks so much for the comment. Let us hope that the tribe of such people increases.

10. satchitananda

Akila,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I am glad you liked the blog.