Weird shape of tummy at 30 weeks..please help!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by desichick123, Feb 24, 2014.

1. desichick123

desichick123 Silver IL'ite

hi,

I am carrying twins and am at 30 weeks.. I have gestational diabetes and am on strict diet and taking insulin also. The outcome is that, I am not gaining more weight at all.

My tummy with twins at 30 weeks, looks so normal and not big at all..am so worried because of this..please let me know what i should do dears...

Also, since I am sleeping on the sides, my both sides are flat and my tummy is protruding in the front and looks weird.. is this a serious condition? should i change my sleeping style? if so, what is the correct sleeping position?

please help..!!!!!

2. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

When my cousin was carrying twins, her tummy was normal. It wasn't looking like she was carrying twins. But when they were born, both were underweight. Please see your diabetes doc and have a proper diet plan.

Sleeping positions should be on both sides only. You can not sleep straight, this will have an effect on bp of the kids. It will become low.

3. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

hi Dear,
    Nothing to worry.My friend has GD.
    and because of diet she has lost 4 kg in her last trimester.So her tummy looks small now.I am sure you are also facing same thing.

Don't worry.The twins will be fine.Just have healthy diet and go for walk.
    you are at 30 weeks, just last 10 weeks to go to hold you LO's in your hand.
    tummy shape is again based on individual factors, some carry high some low.
    So shape shouldn't be a problem.Having said this talk about your concern to you OB as I am not a doc.Enjoy the double kicks of your twins dear, just few more weeks left after that they won't have space to kick you also.
    take care.