1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Weird Friend Request From Facebook..

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Jul 10, 2022.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I got some friend requests from friends of my friends whom I don’t even know.It is not a friend suggestion but friend request.

Problem is firstly I don’t know them and second is they are married men.

Are they normally requesting and am thinking wrong?Is this common?or the friend Request is by mistake?

Coz one friend of friend liked my pic in Facebook and requested friendship immediately.

Just to know are these requests common and not in bad intentions?

bmaquarius likes this.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I get lots of random friend requests like this on FB. Some people like quantity over quality. My personal rule is not to add anyone that I have not interacted with directly. Each year I review my list and delete the people I didn’t have meaningful contact with over the previous year.
    Don’t overthink it if you don’t want to add these people.

3. preethignan

preethignan Silver IL'ite

Never accept random people as friends. I decluttered many from fb recently now I have less than 150 friends. In that nearly 100 are family members itself.

4. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

I am not on any social handles, i exited out of fb long back, because i felt it was not for me or i couldn't connect well....

I have a handful of friends with whom i can connect and i am there for them and they are there for me...

Maybe i am a little weird

preethignan likes this.
  5. preethignan

preethignan Silver IL'ite

Good that you are not in social handles. Nothing useful these are. It gives more peace and sanity if you aren't in social media. I am on FB but hardly use it, other than that I am not on anything else. In fact both me and my husband aren't in social media. We believe in living life in real world and we follow that as well.

nandinimithun likes this.
  6. bmaquarius

bmaquarius Gold IL'ite

It depends on your personal tastes and choices of what kind of friends you wish to have..ofcourse many professional writers, bloggers accept random requests to improve traffic to their posts and increase popularity, however you'll have to take care that you don't post private pictures, shares etc that can later cause problems. Good luck

7. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

It means a lot to be real in the world where most of them are faking.
    Hugs to you
    Nandini

8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

FB suggests friends based on interactions. For ex: If you liked a comment of someone in some other post that is displayed in your wall (a community post or a friend's post), then FB thinks you and that person can be friends. When such suggestions appears, some people send the request, while others leave it.

I used to be very strict on my FB, because I do share details and pictures of my kids and others matters there.
    I add friends if I know them personally or at least if they are related to me by any means (personal, professional etc...). Others can follow me in FB, and they have access to like, view & comment on my public posts.
    I do not share personal pictures in public mode, so it is restricted to the friends only.

Friendship has no age or diversity limitations. Males, married males, or even elderly men can be your friend in FB if you think they are of good taste.

My friends in FB range from teen boys to elderly men, but I do have a very decent and productive exchanges with them. This helps me to view the world from different angles.