1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

weightloss friends group 2014

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by melon123, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Mahima,
    First of all, wish you a very happy birthday. You should celebrate. Go paint the town red!! Secondly, don't get depressed. I've been trying to lose baby weight for a while now but my body is not co operating. I'm learning a lot of things I never knew. I'm sure you will too. All you need is the determination to not give up. Read this link - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/226763-journey-so-far-3xl-m.html. Every time you want to give up read this. If somebody with so much on her plate could do it you can too! Shanvy is an inspiration. Read her story daily. Print it out and put it on your fridge or mirror so you can read and learn.
    Also read this blog of shiva- IndusLadies - FatChickGoesSlim - Blogs - She has lost a lot of weight and has blogged her journey and her tips are precious. She has recipes and photos of portion sizes etc. Look at her before and after pictures. Look at it multiple times a day for inspiration. If she did it you will too.
    the most important part of any diet/wright loss program is often forgotten by the dieters. That's why most diets fail. You did not gain this weight in a month or a few months. You probably gained it over a long period of time(unless you had a medical condition). The weight that took so long to gain will not go away in the month of December. It may take you more than a year to lose all that. If you lose it in a few months, it will come back again. The key is to gradually lose it in a healthy manner so it never gets back. Try and set a target of 1.5-2kgs a month. Try and find a diet that suits you and stick to it. Don't starve yourself, if you do, you will give up in a month. Look at shiva, it took her over a year to get in shape but she did it the right way.
    Lastly, don't get disheartened by bad weeks or months. Nobody loses consistently every week or month. I have been on a weight loss plateau for the past several months. I'm exactly where I was months ago. I'm still not ready to give up. The closer you get to your goal weight the harder it will get to lose. By the last 4-5 kgs you should expect to lose only .5-1 kg a month.
    It is great that you decided to lose weight, now stick to it. Don't give up. You should be 9-10 kgs lighter by your next birthday. Let that be your goal and start working for it from today. Join as many threads here as you like and get motivated by others.

Goos luck!

7 people like this.
  2. R2s2

R2s2 Bronze IL'ite

Hi all
    I like to join too. I was fat girl since birth( 10 lbs) . The Dr had advised my mom regarding my wt when I was three months old. Finally when my Ds was three years old had elevated cholestrol level. I was determined to loose the wt for the sake of my kid. Fast forward 2 years later lost 45 lbs . Again fast forward after the second kid and 5 years later standing now where I first started. This time the challenge is big but hope with all of your support , I once again reach my ideal weight. All the best and lets start.

2 people like this.
  3. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mahima...

Welcome to the group, you started at the right place with right group of people...

I second to echo whatever told by Laks09, she put the reality infront of impossibility of loosing weight..please never get depressed about physical appearance things, that will take toll on your progress in this journey...You tried your best in Dec to loose some weight, may be scale didnt move but you might have some inch loss around waist/arm/lower body which we often don't pay much attention...

This journey needs three main things
    1) Commitment to the journey
    2) Consistency to workout without give up
    3) Portion control diet

When you follow above three religiously you will be the winner in this game, we all will motivate you to reach your goal!!!

I wish you a very Happy Birthday...You will be NEW YOU for next year birthday....hang in there..

Share your food log and workout log here, Our OP Melon will compose some nice challenges in coming weeks, participate in them, change your food pattern, try new workouts, fill your stomach 5 times small meals a day...The journey is tough but we all are fighters who never give up in middle..Hope to see you here regularly!!

Sravani

6 people like this.
  4. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Mahima,

I agree with Laks09 and Sravani. Don't ever imagine something weird just because you are overweight. Being, thin or fat does not matter, being healthy is what that really matters. There are really fat people with good health and vice versa with the thin ones. Not sure why every one wants to be thin. Is it the fault of the society or thyselves. Trust on your self, choose a goal to lead a healthy life style. Healthy life style and commitment towards it will pay you. You can never loose the weight over night, it takes time, take control of your body. Don't allow laziness to ease you anytime. Change few practices and inculcate few practices, avoid useless hurting comments from people. Any new practice followed continuously for 21 days will become a habit. Lastly, birthday is YOUR day!!! You have all rights to enjoy it whatsoever. So go around and have some fun.. Cheer up buddy!!! All of us are here to lend you a hand.

4 people like this.
  5. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

welcome R2S2. Happy newyear and Happy weightloss. we will join us for a healthy weight loss.

1 person likes this.
  6. melon123

melon123 IL Hall of Fame

welcome jyotsna!!!

7. melon123

melon123 IL Hall of Fame

hi mahe... welcome here... u r one of the consistent winned of our challenges in 2013.. nice to read your success... congrats dear... all the best for new yearhugsmiley

1 person likes this.
  8. melon123

melon123 IL Hall of Fame

hi buds.. thank u so much for dropping here and encouraging us to do better in 2014....

you too are a wonderful motivator in this forum...

my best wishes to you too.....

1 person likes this.
  9. melon123

melon123 IL Hall of Fame

mahima... dont lose heart dear... stress, depression all this leads to weight gain and no peace in life... just chill... take some steps... aim or one or two kg in a month... bring in changes in your lifestyle.... stop white products completely, drink 2-3 ltrs of water everyday... walk whenever u get a chance.... slow and steady u will lose all your unwanted weight.... u r not married and lots more to come in life... cheer up gal...stay here... will start some exciting challenges from 6th jan... try to b consistent, thats very important....

dont get disheartened and miss ur birthday... have a blast!!!!:birthday:party

10. melon123

melon123 IL Hall of Fame

welcome here laks....my best wishes to you!!!