1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Weighting Motis In Waiting - Take Heart!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Mar 24, 2012.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Wooooooow Kamala!!! I am already on my way to your place. Am at Frankfurt airport right now. The connecting flight is in 5 minutes. :-D So see ya soon. Don't finish all the cakes before I get there.

2. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Ah, thankfully, finally I am able to open this thread! For some reason, all foodie posts are being blocked @ work under the categories of 'Restaurant/Shopping' and I wasn't able to read, enjoy and post replies to those mouth-watering snippets. :spin

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup to the research!!!!! I was told that craving actually increases weight and that the trick to maintain one's weight was to give in to the craving, but to limit the amount of the food-cake or whatever it is that we crave for. So, instead of having a big piece of cake, one can have a smaller piece, enjoy it, be satisfied mentally and voila-no increase in weight!!!

But, wait! When did we foodies ever bother about weight? If we did, we wouldn't be foodies na? Talking of cakes, last Friday I had an amazing fresh-cream cake at a birthday party for a 2 year old. More than the kid, it was us ladies who were enjoying the cake, marvelling at how fluffy the cake was, how fresh the cream...oh what a taste!!!! Hmmm... more than the memories of the birthday, it is the memory of the cake that lingers... ;-)

1 person likes this.