1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Weighting Motis In Waiting - Take Heart!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Mar 24, 2012.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

This one is dedicated to all my sisters here who, like me, are weighting motis in waiting. Drooling at the thought of cakes, ice-creams, lollies, rasgollas, gulab jamuns, jalebis .....? Take heart dears, all is not yet lost (no, I am not talking of the very obvious weight which should have certainly have been lost, but of hopes of eating but not weighting).

Just a couple of days ago scientists from India threw in hopes for diabetics and for aspiring business(wo)men - that camel's milk helps prevent as well as cure diabetes.

Now here is some good news from some scientists not too far from the deserts about desserts which help lose weight. Yes, you heard right. Desserts - help lose weight - PROVIDED you eat it with a 600 calorie high carbohydrate protein enriched diet for BREAKFAST. (Dessert For Breakfast Helps Weight Loss). These scientists from Tel Aviv have certainly brightened up my day.

Their studies showed that people fed with the above mentioned diet lost a lot more weight than counterparts who were fed with a low calorie diet.

Do take note of the part in bold, though. Now that is what I call a "smart cookie". Not exactly a healthy one though - nor the type I think very highly of either. Has washed his/her hands off the whole study in one sentence. Not mentioned nevertheless how to determine whether you are one of the group who would lose weight and keep it off or this unfortunate group who gravitate due to and towards regaining the lost weight . How "small" or how "large" the "small piece" of cake is not made clear either. I am sure their next research grants will come for investigating the above two points. So we shall take their leave here by wishing them all the best and hoping they will continue to publish something we like to hear time and again in the very near future. :thumbsup

And till they find out at a later date that cakes at breakfast cause irreversible weight gain, we can have our cake, eat it and lose weight too. :biggrin2:

11 people like this.

2. aaral

aaral Silver IL'ite

thank you thank you thank you [​IMG]. you have made my day.

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Thank the Jewish scientists Aral, not me. I have only conveyed the happy news. :-D

4. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Aahh, Satchi, you saved me! Only a small piece of cake, right? [​IMG]... That way I am very smart, I never forget the piece irrespective of its size (everything is relative in this world, naa!)...

Why did not you post it yesterday Dear? I opted for [​IMG] giving a sad look to the alluring [​IMG] in the party last night!

3 people like this.
  5. satchitananda

Hi Kalyani, so nice to see you here. You have indeed saved yourself. That "piece" of cake can give you peace of mind only if you take it in the morning at breakfast, not at an evening party tsk. Try it tomorrow every morning and do let me know the results. :biggrin2:

1 person likes this.
  6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Here I am Sats, just finished lunch of yummy Veg biryani and now eating a nice(small or large I cant decide.. everything is relative in this world, I shrug that off philosophically) piece of dark chocolate cake without any twinge of guilt and what do I see ? that Satchi says it is purrrrffffectly okay to do so? GREAT!!!:cheers
    Now I am wondering whether I should have one more..:hide:

3 people like this.
  7. satchitananda

Haha Mindi, good to know you are enjoying your chocolate cake. You don't really need to worry much as you don't fit into the "moti waiting" category. Only remember it only said at BREAKFAST not lunch time. :-D

8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi

When we get to read such encouraging posts from you, it is a feast of the day for people like me who just love to eat good and yummy foodies....[​IMG]
    Whenever i read about members writing about weight loss and all, I always think how can these people miss such yummy dishes just to loss some weight, what is there if you put on a bit of flesh here and there[​IMG]
    No problem yaar if in morning or night I am ready for a piece of cake...size no bar[​IMG]
    So it is early morning and also breakfast time....let me go in the kitchen and see if I have some cake left for me....hehehe
    Enjoyed your post.

3 people like this.
  9. satchitananda

Hi Aruna, really glad to bring some sunshine and sweetness into the lives of my fellow or should I say "felli" Ilites here. Glad to see one who can be at peace with flesh and there. I go through phases when I feel like you do, and others when I want to get into my old clothes. At present am in the second phase. :)

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Such theories are coined by professional theorists so do not try them at home. I remember a best seller few years ago which said that if you eat more you tend to lose weight because you spend a lot of calories digesting the food you have consumed! All motas and motis lookig for the pot of gold at the end of dietary rainbow heaved a sigh of relief but to no avail. The most popular of such con games was that of Dr.Atkins who advised people to shun carbohydrates and take to protein and fat rich diets instead! his books sold iike hot cakes with their popularity fuelled by endorsement by stars like Tom Cruise. When Dr.Atkins died slipping on sleet people had problems lifting him up. He weighted 100 plus kilos!

2 people like this.