1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss team - To shed weight permanently

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Aabhi, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Swasthi_Sri

Swasthi_Sri New IL'ite

Hi,

Sorry cudnt log on all these days. Thanks a lot for ur advice. U are rite. I shud slow down a bit and take it easy. Well, im very sad to say that my dieting isnt going good these days. This is my daily eating habits.

1 cup of tea at 8.30
    An egg sandwich between 9.30 and 10.
    A cup of rice with curry and some veg side dish at 1.45pm
    No tea or coffee in the evening.
    2 and half dosha / 3 chapatis / 4 idilis / 4 pooris / something like that fr dinner.

I dont know where the habits are good and bad. I need lots of advice.

I cannot go to a gym for any exercise. Not sure what all excercises are good which can be done at home. Is skipping good? What all warm up excercises shud I do. Im very bad in exercising. I really need a boost, I need will power. U guys are the only one who can help meeeee!!! Ive heard that water therapy helps a lot in reducing weight, how far is it true.

Awaiting all those replies,

Sindhu.

2. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Sindhu,

Don't loose hope tsk

I am sure we all can do it, but it needs lot of determination and hard work. As you said, WILLPOWER is the biggest factor any kind of achievement. Regarding exercising at home, why don't you start with like sit ups, side ways leg raise, skipping (very effective). Also get some CD's of home aerobics and you can do it along.

Diet is an important factor as well. Your breakfast and lunch seems to be fine, but dinner is bit more. Try to reduce the portions for the first 1 week and see how it works.

Another easy way, is posting your daily diet & exercise progress here in our forum..... just to make you committed.

3. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

And girls, regarding my progress.

My gynac have changed my metformin type & dose for my PCOD and hence I was very very sick for the past 1 week (shakehead:frown::frown:vomiting, diarrhea, dizzy....)

Some what fine now. But she said, it will help me reduce some weight. I've started with our workout's from yesterday and my diet is somehow fine.
    Shall be up & running from today onwards. So far so good.

4. gauridatta

gauridatta New IL'ite

hi aabhi i have learned that u are ill. Just to wish u
    "GET WELL SOON"
    Take care:coffee
    Gauri

5. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Hi Aabhi,
    Glad to know that you are doing fine now. Don't push yourself to do any exercise which you can’t do comfortbly.. take plenty of rest...

Take care of yourself well
    Tulasi

6. mslakshmi

mslakshmi Senior IL'ite

Hi Abhi

Very very sorry to hear that u r not feeling well. Actually yr concept wt loss is our inspiration n as far as possible I am doing my level best to reduce my wt as wel as tummy.

Pl take care of yr health n time being stop/reduce exercise and take rest.

U shd get well soon.

Hv a nice day n time

M S Lakshmi

7. mslakshmi

mslakshmi Senior IL'ite

Hi Abhi

Very very sorry to hear that u r not feeling well. Actually yr concept wt loss is our inspiration n as far as possible I am doing my level best to reduce my wt as wel as tummy.

Pl take care of yr health n time being stop/reduce exercise and take rest.

U shd get well soon.

Hv a nice day n time

M S Lakshmi

Hi Tulasi

CONGRATS:queen

Keep it up.

V r all proud of u.

Hv fun n enjoy n keep following the same.

Best of luck.

M S Lakshmi

8. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Thanks M S Lakshmi & Aabhi for your encouraging words. It’s indeed a great feeling to loose weight. If I can do it. you can :thumbsup....just have determination to do one good change for a week... stick to it. Don’t take any short cuts and don't only focus on weight change in the scale. more important is becoming healthy and active then weight loss automatically will happen..

I know you can do it.:cheers.
    Tulasi

9. mslakshmi

mslakshmi Senior IL'ite

Hi Tulasi

Ya Its really a gr8 feeling. As u said v shd determine more on hale and healthy. Then only v can do anything either exercise or walking. Any way this topic is v useful topic for all of us to exchange our views and get more encouragement n motivation thru many ILs like u. I am feelling v happy that i hv many people around to share my views and thoughts.

Thanks for this Abhi and Indusladies too.

Enjoy and hv a nice day

M S Lakshmi

10. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi friends.

Do u remember me?????????

let me update my routine.....

My weight is 86kgs(checking it daily....to see whether it has reduced atleast in points)
    for past 1 yr

Going to gym atleast 3 days a week..........do treadmill for 20mts..........florr exercise for 20 mts.........rope exercise for 15mts ...........and all other eqipments in the gym for 30 mts...........

Going for walking in the evenngs nearly 5kms atleast 3 days a week........

Weekend no gym...no walking..........bonkbonkbonkbonkbonk

Iam not at all following any diet.............eating nicely..........

Morning..........imm. after burshing ............having 3 tomatoes..........(told by prettylol)
    and after halfan hour ........firstclass degree coffee (ofcourse with sugar)...................8.30 slight breakfast..........it may be anything............or even leftover lunch prepared for my DH................lunch by 12.30 or 1 or 1.30........with two vegetables regular meals.........with sambar,rasam and curd...........IAM FEELLING VERY VERY VERY BAD TO SAY THAT I CANT SKIP RICE.............bonkbonkbonk:iagree

evening 3.30 again coffee..........night almost before 7.30 i will have my dinner ...anything it may be dosa,idly , upma or anything.........

I never used to stock snacks in my house..............if i havd something definitely i will eat that..........:iagree.

Iam eating plents of veg.....but not fruits............

ofocurse, forget to say, i may have small sleep in afternoon........atleast for 40 mts........(climate is very nice yaar............

When i got out to meet people............some people will say.........I HAVE GONE DOWN VERY SLIGHTLY.................same day sombody will comment.............I MAY BURST ONEDAY................normally iam very sportive person...............but these days iam becomeing little bit irritated and upset.................previosuly i was not doing any exercise or walking..but for the past 2 yrs...............iam doingmy level best..........

I agree...i have to skip rice....like u people do............iam not a dertermined person....not a fighter.............but needs motivation atleast............

Sorry to bore u all.........

MY HEARTIEST WISHES FOR ALL OF U..................DONT LOSE HEART LIKE ME...........KEEP DOING EXERCISE AND DIETING..............

Iam sugar patient now - LOW SUGAR ( docotr has adviced me to reduce my exercises and eat choclates whenever my sugar level goes down)