1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss team - To shed weight permanently

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Aabhi, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Kirti Shivakumar

Kirti Shivakumar New IL'ite

Hi Everyone ,
    It feels gr8 to know that many of us are in the same boat - trying hard to loose weight. I am one person who is not very consistent in my efforts .But lets all look at the positive side - when we loose those extra pounds - we look and feel good , and healthwise , its a remedy for so many illnesses. So lets all look forward to healthy eating , some working out and look our best.Since New Year's eve is just seven weeks away , lets set out a moderate goal first - loose atleast 5 kgs by Dec.31 .

All the best and keep sharing whenever you loose even a kilo , all of us should cheer one another.

Current Weight - 79 :eek:mg:
    Height - 5.2'
    Age 43
    Want to loose : atleast 15 kilos.
    Immediate short term goal : atleast 4 to 5 kilos by Dec.31
    Long term - to maintain at around 63 kilos
    What I need : Lots of will power and all your best wishes.

Bye

Kirti

2. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

Please count me too in the list . Iam 5 feet and 5 inches and weighing about 72 kgs very badly in shape need to work more to lose atleast 10 kgs ..

Iam starting my day plan from today both on diet & exercise. since iam occupied couldn't help much with exercises and gym so have planned for a brisky morning walk for about 45 minutes. and to have only fruits and vegetables for this whole week ......

Wishing luck to all the members here.........

3. indiangirl

indiangirl New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am doing ok with the plan, following the plan for eating but skipping excercise once in a while,overall ok I would say. Please do post on how everyone is doing.

To Shravanthika, I am like you where I just love eating rice and I just cannot diet on that, but one thing that worked is I would eat home made yogurt/curd with ginger before meal and in that way I will not eating that much rice.hope it helps.<TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TD noWrap>shravanthika [​IMG]
    Junior ILite
    <TD width="100%">

4. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Thanx for your tip Indian girl...

I've recently found Oats as an alternative for Rice..

It seems to work for me...

But when I crave for rice...soooooooooo much...I first eat oats and then rice...

For me oats mixed with sambar tastes like bisibele bath...

Lets see how far this takes me to...

Happy:-( Dieting....

5. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi WLT,

Quick update on last week - skipped exercise on 2 days.; diet- working on cutting portion sizes; occassional sweet (diwali sweets are almost over thank God), otherwise doing ok.

Vanathi.

6. bunty

bunty New IL'ite

hi guys
    starting my diet and exercise regimenm from today.
    breakfast
    2 glasses of orange juice
    i cup oats with curd.
    a good start i guess.
    will post how the day went tomorrow.
    luv
    bunty

7. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

oh my my.........:wow lots of replies. I do not know who to respond. THANK YOU all for joining us :welcome. We need the team spirit and motivation. (Iam enjoying the brand new smilies.............. they are awesome :clap:clap.

Coming to my progress......I did not follow 100% (honestly) bonk. The days when I do proper diet, I skipped the walking and the days when I did the walking, I over eat. I too fail, when it comes to rice. Still have not reduced the portions. But managing the water and the exercise routine pretty well. I should get harder on me and be very very strict..... I hopes my next update is going to be goody.....goody..... and perfect.

From today onwards I am planning to post my daily performance. I think that will keep me boosted.............

8. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Vanathi,

Thanks for your update dear. I think me too are in the same path. I mean working on portion control. Let's do it........

Bye for now.

9. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Thanks for joining in Bunty. :welcome to our great WL team. Good to know that you've started your diet & exercise...... GREAT.... please try to follow 100% and keep us updated.

quote=bunty;172440]hi guys
    i am a late joiner.
    i intend to start diet and exercise after diwali.
    my target weight loss is 20 kilos
    present weight is 82 kgs.
    target weight 62 kilos.
    i hav done it b4 and with u guys to help intend to do so again.
    my exercise plan is 1 hr aerobics.thrice a week.
    30 mins walk daily.
    diet
    i intend cutting portions.
    bye for now.
    bunty[/quote]

10. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Varloo,

Thank you for joining us. You are not alone, I too have the same problem. I mean I can't stick around a proper diet & exercise plan continuously. That's the main reason for my failure. I do what all I need to for a max of 1 week and when the week end comes my mind forgets everything and I start eating all I can. And the whole process comes to an end. But this times, no matter what happens...... let's all fight against this. And our WL team will help us on that.

How was your dietitian appointment? share with us.