1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss team - To shed weight permanently

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Aabhi, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I've been a regular reader of all the threads in this forum "Keep Fit & Maintain Shape". Many of our IL friends have given tons of tips, diet charts, exercise programme, herbal medicines....... and what not. On behalf of all of us, I would like to thank those IL's who has shared with us those useful tips. Although, we've got the details that we wanted for weight loss and we all know the path to weight loss (our main goal) - I think many of us (including me) are not succeeding in it. The main reason for our failure is lack of Motivation.

Therefore, I opened up this thread for those IL who wanted to loose loads of weight PERMANENTLY to join hands together and form a close team to motivate ourselves and keep moving till we all achieve our targets. We all know, how it pains to be Overweight/Obese and we all very well understands the serious effects of overweight....... which is diabetes, Blood pressure, Cholestrol, heart attack, arthritis,..etc. We do not want to fight with these chronical diseases instead let's try to tackle the biggest factor "OVERWEIGHT" and did not give a chance for these diseases to near us.

Alright friends - Let's form a team, let's all decide on the following:

1) Daily diet chart :- No need for crash courses, no need to starve, no need to stop rice or roti. Because that's all temp solutions, let's all discuss and design a healthy eating diet chart for all of us. I would like to suggest

B.F - Sprouts or 2 slice of bread toast or 2 egg white
    Morn.Snack - Fruit or tea or coffee with crackers
    Lunch - 1 small cup of rice with curry and salad with any soup
    Even.Snack - Fruit or tea of cofee
    Dinner - 2 idly or 2 small dosa's or 2 chapathy

2) Exercise Programme :-
    45 Mins to 1 hour of daily walking or cycling or jogging - any areobic exercise.

The above is just my knowledge and understanding and please correct me if Iam wrong any where. I request you all be put in more diet charts, so that we all can discuss and decide one standard chart for all of us to follow.

Second important thing, is please start writing food diary & exercise diary. I've attached my Weekly diary as sample. Please let me know your feedbacks.

So................gals............... let me know. who all wanted to join. When you reply, put in your current weight, height, BMI, and your ideal weight (need to be). Let's decide and start from 01st Nov07 onwards. So, we have 2 more days to go. Let me know.................ALL THE VERY BEST FOR ALL OF US.:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

Attached Files:

4 people like this.

2. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Let me be the first member in our Weight loss team.

My details as follows:

Height : 5" 7
    Current Weight : 90 Kilos (pls don't faint gals)
    Ideal Weight : 60 Kilo's
    Targeted weight to loose : 30 kilos
    Expected duration : 1 kilo a week

Diet : I've already given my suggested plan
    Exercise : same

3. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai Aabhi

congrats yaar for ur thread

But, i would like to tell my opinion, which i heard from my doctor and coach(gym) that DRASTIC WEIGHT LOSS IS NOT ADVISABLE......... expecting to LOOSE 1 KG A WEEK ........OMG ..........iam sorry.............its Wrong yaar, it will affect ur health also and sideffects may be there..........

for losing 1 kg a week , u have to be very very very strict in ur diet and do very severe physical exercises also.............which will make u tired very soon........so PLAN TO LOSE 1 KG IN A MOTNH or two..............NOT KIDDING.........

TRY TO MAINTAIN UR WEIGHT(at the least), DONT ALLOW TO INCREASE.

ALWAYS, SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE........am i right??????

My heartiest wishes for u...............

latamurali

4. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Dear Latha,

Thanks for your reply. I too did not intend to loose weight drastically. Yeah, you are right.........1 kilo a week is very difficult. Actually, I did not mean that way. If you could see the food chart that I've suggested it's no way going to result in 1 kilo a week. I've read somewhere that 1/2 Kilo = 3,500 calories. It's hard. :spinThanks for noting this to me yaar.

Won't you want to join with us?

5. ayeshanaaz

ayeshanaaz Junior IL'ite

Hi Aabhi,

Very trus lack of motivation is not allowing us to loose those extra pounds. I Would like to join your group.

Height - 5.5
    Weight - 78Kg
    Ideal weight - 60
    Need to loose - 18 Kgs

The Diet I am following from today is

Breakfast - 2 chapati's with no oil & sabji
    Lunch - 1 cup rice, sambar & curd
    Dinner - 1 bowl Boiled Vegetable with salt & pepper
    Snacks: Tea 2 times a day without sugar

Excersice - I walk for 1/2 Hr everyday.

I am planning to loose atleast 10Kgs before February 4th, that is my Son's first birthday & we are planning to host a grand party...............so wanted to look a stunning hostess:kiss.....................

Lets see whether I achieve it or not. I will update my weight every 15 days.

Regards
    Ayesha

6. sumisen

sumisen Senior IL'ite

Hi Aabhi
    I would like to join your team
    I am 5 ft height
    and weigh 77 kgs which is very high for my height
    My ideal weigh should be 48 to 50 kgs

My target is to reach 55 kgs atleast 22kgs to go

I will try my best to stick to the diet plan you have mentioned, Also I have been trying GM diet Hope I can follow that then and there

Let us hope for the best
    Sumisen

7. pallavisurapaneni

pallavisurapaneni New IL'ite

Hi Aabhi,
    i wpuld like to join in ur team.
    my height is -5.6
    weight is 80kilos
    i want to loose atleast 15 kilos ....
    want to loose atlaest 10 kilos before feb bcz feb ending is my sons first birthday.....i will try to loose thizs much...will let u know after 15 days......how much i lost...
    ALL THE BEST TO EVARY ONE....

8. ayeshanaaz

ayeshanaaz Junior IL'ite

Hi Pallavi,

Looks like we both are sailing in the same boat... both need to loose atleast 10Kgs for February to celebrate our son's birthday,...............Nice coincidence......... Lets see how we defeat this 10KG monster........

1 person likes this.
  9. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Gals,

Thanks for all your feedbacks. Let me give individual replies.

10. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Ayeshaa,

Welcome to our team. Thanks for popping in first. You know what, my son's birthday also on 03rd Feb. Some tie between our team & feb or what.

Never mind, our target is not Feb - our target is to get rid of all those extra loads once in for all and just to maintain. We are all going to motivate ourselves. No excuses at all.

Good, you've given the details. Let's make an entry of all our details as a separate post and every week let's update. Your suggested diet chart looks good, but on the dinner part - how long do you think you can go on boiled veggies only. Can we add some bread or roti. what do you think. Pls don't get demotivated, but looks kind of bit difficult to go on Boiled veggies on a monthly long run. Just my opinion. Let me know.

So, it's good you've started already from today. Excellent!!!!!!!!!. We all should start and be up & running from 01st Nov07 onwards.
    All the best for your son's birthday party. Iam sure you are gonna be a
    gorgeous host.