1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Support Group @ Chennai

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by duskpoem, Sep 20, 2007.

1. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi Shravan

Dont worry too much yaar, u will put weigth for this reason also(all used to tell me)

And, y dont u join a gym( we wont use anything available in our house, not only u , many of us are like that) if we pay money, definitley we will do something atleast for money's sake and doing exercises with other people will be very good instead of doing alone and there we can also exchange lot of tips etc......and moreover proper guidance will be there by coach

And, " eating rice " problem, even iwant to get rid of that, trying trying trying
    and i wont lose heart, will try for ever

latamurali

2. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Nice to see you response

I moved to a different city recently and so getting to the gym in busy traffic,with a kid,hubby coming home for lunch...kind of makes me tired .

I had been going to gym before but ...I ate more as I exercised more...

I'm really awed by your exercise routine..

keep posting....

3. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shravanthika,
    I read u r thread today and I would like to suggest u something. Pl never loose u r determination. why u tried rice restriction for one week. Take rice in small quantities and also eat lots of fruits,juices, vegetables, salads and more sprouts in addition . But do not take rice at nights and have light food like chapatis at nights. Eat all but consume little and do proper exercises (esp. walking daily) What ever u r doing take it in a positive way then everything will be succeeded. Another thing drink honey, cinnamon and lime juice mixed in water(luke warm) before breakfast everday in the morning and 1/2 before sleeping every night. This will reduce cholestrol in the body and it does not accumulate cholestrol .Try to avoid junk foods and outside foods if it is possible. So start from today and never skip u r breakfast at all.
    So if u have any advise to me pl be posted coz i am also in the same situation (trying & trying) but expecting positive results at the earliest.
    If I have written any mistakes pl consider me as u r friend and pl reply for this post and expecting and early reply from u
    Always be happy and keep smiling:-D

With Love/Regards
    Sudha Batni....

4. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Shravanthika
    Iam also in the same boat with you . Let's find excuses for our weight together. Heeee heeeeee:-D Jokes apart, I did lose a lot of weight say around 15 kgs over a year but put it all back because I conceived my second child. Then now again Iam trying to kick start the weight loss, this time around it is more slow and less significant and with two kids and a job, i eat what is there at home. Earlier I use to make sure and avoid fried stuff and all other junk food.
    Hoping for luck around the corner and very happy to know that Iam not battling the bulge alone.:thumbsup

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  5. shravanthika

Dear Sudha and janani,
    I typed a whole lot and it all vanished when there was a server problem

Will get back to you a little later.

Sudha..nevermind..your words are encouraging and I very much love it.

Janani...thanks for your words too ...so let us battle together and encourage each other...

6. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Hai shravanthika,

Thanx for an early reply from u and pl be posted anything regarding health. Sudha Batni......

7. shravanthika

So I'm back...

Sudha...thanx for you r FB.

The reason I had been abstaining from rice for a week is that I crave more when I eat a little and so I made it a point to keep it away...but it brought me some negative impacts like anger and severe headache.

So I decided to eat as per my instinct and so I eat rice only during afternoons.

I can eat chappatis...but not everyday at night...any other alternative ...anybody pls suggest.

I dont munch on snacks ..and in fact I dont stock up anything.

My poor lil one is also being abstained becos of me and thank God...she started liking fruits.But I take her to McD every week and she gets to eat FF and coke..(in fact a treat for me too...the poor eater leaves behind a lot for me...so eat up in her name saying we shouldnt waste a thing...nice excuse huh..?)

My hubby craves for deepfried foods(he is in his ideal weight range and I envy him a lot cos he can be without eating rice for many many days....) made at home and Friday night is his day and our table is filled up with all high calorie foods like...vada,puffs,manchurian....How can I restrict myself when I'm making a feast....

Weekdays seems to go fine with all my good diet pattern but this weekend monster stands in my way and everything is upside down.

I feel very guilty during monday morning.... so the next week.. thinking that I'm not going to achieve anything I dont follow the good diet pattern I have been following earlier.This goes on for a month and the inside angel flashes a light on me and I tend to start again.

So everything is on and off and I never stick to anything for long.

So..how do I set up a pattern...what kind of food do I need to eat to keep me filling...I like veggies but I can eat them raw all the time.But I can eat cooked veggies...how much time do I need to dedicate for exercise....(Exercising for 20 mins 2 or 3 times a day....is it fine)

So ladies roll on your balls of thoughts....let me achieve my goal with your help...

8. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Hai Shravanthi,
    I would like to tell u that first u keep time for u r exercise or u go for walking daily 1/2 hr in the morning and in the evening(compulsory) if u dont find time in the morning do pranayam (inhaling &exhaling)(u get cds also)for 15-20 min. this gives more active and relaxing mood through out the day.Do some stretching exercises alsoespecially where more fat is accumilated.Then your routine starts and have breakfast at fixed time (shd not skip) and in the middle before lunch if u feel hungry u drink chaas(light buttermilkor takefruits, salads)and eat high calorie lunch(inc .rice) but u must burn calories ,u do some work (don't sleep) .Evenings go for a walk nearby and keep someoutside work daily .Always try to walk as much as u can (coke and other drinks r high calorie)U also follow some diet plan and go accordingly.Its my advise if u can do u r work at home too(cleaning vessels etc....) thatis also a good exercise for u. Drink lots of water daily and eat light food at nights.(preferably).Do u like to eat Ragi that is also very good for the health. U can make balls with ragi flour and can eat with sambhar or any other liquid items. It will be very filling at nights and it is very good for health. If u want how to prepare it i will explain it later.
    Eeryday i follow this plan and i will go accordingly. If sometimes we go outside for dinner and took heavy foods next day u must eat lighter food that will balance.Keep planning according to u r diet u get the positive results.Try to drink cinnamon and honey mixture daily what i told u gradually u r weight decreases and u get positive results.Sorry for my detailed :bang may be it has bored u.
    An early reply is expecting from u my friend

:wave
    Sudha Batni.....

9. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Hai Shravanthi,
    I would like to tell u that first u keep time for u r exercise or u go for walking daily 1/2 hr in the morning and in the evening(compulsory) if u dont find time in the morning do pranayam (inhaling &exhaling)(u get cds also)for 15-20 min. this gives more active and relaxing mood through out the day.Do some stretching exercises alsoespecially where more fat is accumilated.Then your routine starts and have breakfast at fixed time (shd not skip) and in the middle before lunch if u feel hungry u drink chaas(light buttermilkor takefruits, salads)and eat high calorie lunch(inc .rice) but u must burn calories ,u do some work (don't sleep) .Evenings go for a walk nearby and keep someoutside work daily .Always try to walk as much as u can (coke and other drinks r high calorie)U also follow some diet plan and go accordingly.Its my advise if u can do u r work at home too(cleaning vessels etc....) thatis also a good exercise for u. Drink lots of water daily and eat light food at nights.(preferably).Do u like to eat Ragi that is also very good for the health. U can make balls with ragi flour and can eat with sambhar or any other liquid items. It will be very filling at nights and it is very good for health. If u want how to prepare it i will explain it later.
    Eeryday i follow this plan and i will go accordingly. If sometimes we go outside for dinner and took heavy foods next day u must eat lighter food that will balance.Keep planning according to u r diet u get the positive results.Try to drink cinnamon and honey mixture daily what i told u gradually u r weight decreases and u get positive results.Sorry for my detailed :bang may be it has bored u.
    An early reply is expecting from u my friend

:wave
    Sudha Batni.....

10. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    Well....I read all the posts in this thread and thank all for sharing information.
    Lata,sudha,janani and shravanthi have given useful information..!
    Coming to what i have to say here....
    I have put on 10 kgs after my pregnancy and most of the weight is ofcourse settled in the tummy. I feel like I am carrying something in my tummy...the fat there is making me very conscious and ofcourse lazy :-( .Its been 1.5 yrs after my delivery and still i have not shed even 2 kgs :bang
    I am 64 kgs now!
    I don't do excercise religiously.I do it for 5-6 days and slowly lose the urge to continue...! and then keep worrying on how to reduce.I tried to join some aerobics class but there r none near my house:-( .

The only option i have is to atleast try walking and I am planning to start from next week and atleast that i think I would not abandon midway.Then cutting down on food.Hmmn..I really got to try that..!
    I would like mention something here...I have a freind who was diagonised with gall bladder stones(even i had this pblm duirng pregnancy and i got operated last mth for this)
    so..she called me to get advice and i told her to avoid fatty foods.She called me back after a mth and told me that she follwed strict diet of lots of just boiled veggies with little rice and completely avoided oil and non-veg and she reduced 4 kgs in a mth.I was taken aback...! wooh..4 kgs in a mth..hmmmn..me too got to try that...!!!

Sudha,Can you please tell me the recipe for the Ragi balls?

Now..what else can I do..? How do i console myself and get the determination to do excercise and what sort of excercise will help.I have a slight back pain pblm and so some light excercises only can help.

Please help with ur tips and suggestions.

Love,
    Jaya