1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Support Group @ Chennai

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by duskpoem, Sep 20, 2007.

1. duskpoem

duskpoem New IL'ite

Hi

Would any body be interested in joining a Weight loss support group @ Chennai

2. santhu

santhu New IL'ite

hi,

i am santhu from hyderabad.i want to loose 9 kgs & to flatten my tummy.i will joun in your group.

Regards,
    santhu

3. kritty

kritty New IL'ite

hi

wish to flatten my stomach, an reduce flabs here an ter.. i weigh aroun 57kg, an am 5 3" tall. lets do tis

cheers
    kritty:2thumbsup:

4. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi duskpoem,
    I would be happy to be a part of support group in chennai.I am right now in Blr and will be at chennai from next week.
    I want to get rid of my tummy fat.Let me know how and when to proceed with the support group.

5. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi friends

I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO JOIN YOU AND ALSO SHARE SOMETHING WITH U

My weight is 87kgs i jus want to lose 30kgs :oops: ( thats all nothing more) and iam 33yrs old and 5.2 SEVERE OBESE:bang

But, i used to do gym exercise for 30mts,floor exercise for 1 hour and walking nearly around 5kms almost 4 days a week , though iam not very strict in diet
    but still try to control my tongue and over eating (i dont likesweets,cakes,choclates,icrecreams and iam just fond of spicy foods alone)ofcourse i used to have fried foods but not daily AT THE SAME TIME I WILL HAVE LOT OF VEGETABLES,SPROUTS,SPINACH,SALADS etc :yes:

I even had Honey mixed with lime juice in lukewarm water for some time(nearly 2yrs)

Almost i use to eat LAPSI RAVA(BROKEN) EITHER AS UPMA,PULAO OR LITTLE BIT WITH RICE ADDED TO THAT I WILL COOK AND HAVE IT WITH REGULAR SAMBAR , RASAM AND EVERTHING sinbce i dono to prepare ROTI

whatever i do, my weight remains the same, iam fed up wih this life,feeling bad to hear teasings from others(but iam used to that and usually my nature is take it in sportive way but atimes IT HURTS LOT) :cry:

And , health wise also iam suffering SO IAM FIGHTING WITH THIS AND I HAVE PUT ALL MY EFFORTS EXCEPT THAT I SHLD TIE MY TONGUE AND FOLLOW VERY VERY STRICT DIET:yes: :yes:

1.PEOPLE SAY IF WE SAY ITS NOT REDUCING AND WORRYING FOR THAT IT WONT REDUCE -- STRESS IS ALSO A CAUSE FOR THIS

2. AND THEY ALSO SAY INSTEAD OF UNTOUCHING THE FOOD JUST TAKE IT IN VERY LESS QUANTTITY so that u will be satisifed otherwise the next time u will just hit the whole item IAM SURE

3.U hav supplemnt for all the items like if u want to have veg pulao then u use lapsi rava instead of rice (all the other method is same) that is avoid fatty,starchy,sugary item which increase ur cholestrol level

like use EQUALS (Sugar cubes 0 instead of sugar
    use HOENY , JAGGERY etc

Have BROWN BREAD OR WHOLE WHEAT

Corn,cornflakes,poha,puffedrice,popcorn,peanut(steamed) all these items u can hav for ur SNACKS

All the above things i hav tried ,it didnt works for me properly since i ahd THYROID AND PERIODS PROBLEM main reason for my increase is weight goes to THYROID

But pls dont mistake me that IAM DISCOURAGING U PEOPLE NEVEREEVER I WILL DO THAT TO ANYBODY but jus saying my story and u can good take good tips from that

STILL I HAVE NOT LOSE MY HEART , STILL GOING TO GYM,WALKING,ETC:2thumbsup:

My ambition is i want to live HEALTHY LIFE and wear Jeans(confidently)

My heartiest wishes to all, KEEP TRYING

NO PAIN - NO GAIN

latamurali:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi girlies,
    I would definitely join this group I want to lose at least 10 kgs. Though I try and control my tongue Iam not able to lose weight. Let's all join hands in this and do it together.

7. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am so happy to join in this group and this forum could be beneficial to everyone trying to loose weight (me too) and if i get any information i will share with all of u.

It is a fact that before my marriage i was so thin i tried how to gain my weight and lots of things i had done but it was all wasted. I did not imagine in my life that the day comes for me to go for walking and do exercises and take strict diet.

Now I crossed 35and it may not be possible now to reduce my weight so easily. I weigh 63 and want to lose atleast 5-8 kgs according to my height. Now i started drinking honey,cinnamon mixed with lime juice daily , as i read in one of this forum ,HOW TO REDUCE WEIGHT. I hope it may be helpful to everyone.I always try to reduce my fat around tummy but it is not possible.
    Pl send me any valuable healthy tips i can do and i also share my information whereever i will get.
    Is any one wants to join the group from Mumbai?.........Sudha Batni.

8. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Girls,

Me too. Please let me join in as well. I need to loose around 25 Kgs. Trying, tring, trying only no results.

So Latha,
    You have a partner now. That is ME :biggrin2:. Why don't we work out something together and keep posting our results on a weekly basis. Let me Know.

So DuskPoem,
    What is this all about. Let us know.:thankyou2:

9. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai Chennai IL

Hope all are enjoying long............ weekend , thats y no reply, is it?

ok ,friends , atleast from 3rd .let us try to share our tips to eachother and start implementing it (hope we have already formed a big team as of now, whoever joinfresh lets welcome them also) AM I RIGHT

We will definitely achieve, lets hope for the best

latamurali

10. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Nice thread and thanks Lata for letting us know how hard you have been trying and hats off to your determination.

I lack this determination...and I'm on and off into this weight reduction routine so I get frustrated and have not been trying for a while.

I also need to lose significantly and do not know where to start.

I expect to see results within weeks ...but hey..how come the long accumilation can go...

I tried on no rice diet for a week but I was mentally upset and had headaches and ate more rice after a week.

i also dont like sweets but all I like is rice rice rice.

I need to eat atleast once a day.

I use sona masoori here but I hear that rose matta rice is less starchy...Any one have any idea?

I have a elliptical at home but I hardly use that cos my lil one comes to share with me as soon as I step in(What a lame excuse huh...)

So I'm thinking of trying aerobic but again dunno where to start.

I still have to have lotsa determination.

So ladies...Cheer me up...Give me some solutions for my rice craving and also develop a determination for losing weight...

May be I shall start with my ellipticals to day and let u know tomorow.

Please keep this thread alive and keep posting your experiences and suggestions

Happly Weight reduction...LOL