1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Group - 2019

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Maddy2087, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Maddy2087

Maddy2087 Platinum IL'ite

Workout yesterday

Yoga with yoga ball. More of static yoga with the yoga ball to test endurance and stretch those muscles.

Workout today

1 Hour Yoga basically focussing leg workout. Different forms of lunges in Yoga.

How is the exercise routine coming along for everyone.

2. anuvedha

anuvedha Silver IL'ite

Hi kveena and maddy,
    I'm planning to do simple strength workouts...
    Last three days I'm doing 15 squats, 15 toe touches, 15 leg raises, 15 dogsnbirds, 10s butt bridges.
    Am i doing right?, What more can be added?
    Is this count fine? I'm having much pain in my thighs. Would like to know more.
    Thank you

3. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

It’s common to experience pain in the thighs when you start a new exercise routine...it will subside as time goes by.Just continue with your exercise.

Workout efficiently to get best results in a short span by combing strength and cardio.Follow this pattern

Start with a warm up (exercise to slowly raise your heart beat) to prepare your body for a workout such as arm crosses,jogging on the spot, toe taps for the first few mins.

Do workouts in 2 or 3 circuits
    Circuit 1 - strength training such squats, pushups, lunges. cardio like jumping jacks and butt kicks.Ab exercise such as butt bridges.Follow a similar pattern for circuit 2 and circuit 3.

Finally do stretching exercises (bringing down your heart rate), this is very important as it helps prevent injuries.All this together can be completed in 30 mins.

You can also grab Jillian Michaels beginners shred dvd from the store which will help you do the same.She also has two trainers demonstrating the exercises in beginner and advanced levels.For starters you can follow the beginners lady and later switch to advanced lady as your fitness level progresses.

You also need to have a preworkout snack 45 mins before and a post workout snack within 30 of finishing the exercise.Preworkout snack can be an apple or banana or some nuts like almonds and walnuts.Some people have coffee as a preworkout snack.Post workout snack must be protein rich such as greek yoghurt.Portion size your food and eat clean (avoid processed food or consume occasionally in small portions),remember exercise and diet go hand in hand to lose weight/inches.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  4. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Hi @Maddy2087 @kveena @anuvedha @Rakshini @happydheivanai

I would like to join you all in this weight loss journey.

I have gained weight after my pregnancy. I have started my weight loss journey few times now!! But I couldn't keep up with it due to different engagements. This year I want to get back in track. I have 12 kgs to lose to reach my pregnancy weight (ideal weight as per my height). I have joined few other groups last year but couldn't continue.

I joined gym and I just attend classes. It gives me more motivation when I see others do such hard exercises!!
    My instructor told me diet is as important as exercise. Then only it will help us to reduce weight. I have joined myfitnesspal to track my calories. Does anyone have an account in MyFitnessPal?? I think it will be easier to track over there.

Hope to reach my goal this year while travelling with you all ;).

virtualkv2020 likes this.
  5. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

I am a vegetarian. Any vegetarian diet suggestion? I am looking for a protein rich diet :sconf:

6. virtualkv2020

I used myfitnesspal long time ago.I am currently using Healthifyme app and is much better. I ditched my gym membership ever since I started loving the home workouts, they are amazing.Grab a few Jillian's beginner dvds at the store,you could also borrow them from the public library. Also use healthifyme app and you will be fine when you workout consistently and eat right. :)

salad likes this.
  7. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Oh that is something new to me. Thanks for sharing. Let me check it out :)

8. Maddy2087

Maddy2087 Platinum IL'ite

Sorry, I haven't been able to update recently. Have been regularly working out (Strength + Yoga) and eating clean. Glad to see new members in this weight loss group.

9. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

How are you? I am stickings to exercises and diet. It feels good :).

@kveena I tried healthyfyme. Good app. Thanks for the suggestion.

Happy exercise to all.

virtualkv2020 likes this.
  10. virtualkv2020

Welcome Salad!