1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Group - 2019

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Maddy2087, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Maddy2087

Maddy2087 Platinum IL'ite

Awesome workout today. Thoroughly enjoyed today's session.

1. 80 standing crunches
    2. 50 squats
    3. 45 sec + 45 sec side twist
    4. 100 crunches
    5. 60 cross crunches
    6. 45 sec naukasana (boat position)

30 mins yoga but more of static yoga

I have started doing face yoga to get jawline and enhance my facial features.

Kindly share your exercise routine for today.

virtualkv2020 likes this.
  2. anuvedha

anuvedha Silver IL'ite

So kind of u dear Maddy2087.
    I'm getting it.
    Thank you so much for your reply

3. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Maddy has answered your query. I am just adding a few pointers. I started cross training routine few years ago to lose my pragnency weight. I did not keep tracking of the inches that I lost,but noticed that my exercise pants went down from size L to size S and I was able to restore my hour glass figure, I also became more fit.Too much of cardio leads to loss of muscle with less fat which is unhealthy.You may lose weight on the weighing scale but you would still look fat as you must have lost a lot of muscle leading to low metabolism.Cardio is good for the heart while strength is great to lose fat,retain/build muscle, muscle helps burn fat! Muscle is more dense while fat is like cotton, when you lose inches you are actually losing fat.Strength training helps lose inches.
    So a combination of cardio and strength I.e cross training works is more effective in giving the best results in a short time. It keeps you fit (increases your ability to do physical activities with little to no exertion), for example a person weighing 50 kg who feels exhausted after climbing stairs is not as fit as a person weighing 70 who can climb the stairs easily. Weight is just a number, the more consistent you are with your strength and cardio the more fit you become. Eventually that help you lose fat (inches),become more fit and you will look much younger.

You might have seen a lot of strength training machines at the gym, they help but not as much compared to the strength training workouts which does not involve any machine usage,you will be using your own body weight to perform these exercises which puts an extra strain on your muscle. Strength training is also done with weights (dumb bells). Women do not put a lot of muscle and look bulky unlike men so do not worry.Our hormones play a vital role in this aspect.

There are few ways of doing it
    1. Do strength in the morning and cardio in the evening or switch between them on alternate days.

2. Cross training - Combine cardio and strength in one shot, choose either morning or evening depending on your schedule. My favorite female cross trainer is Jillian Micheals, she is a no nonsense woman and if you follow her workouts consistently you will see amazing results.

3. HIIT training - high intensity interval training combines cardio, strength,you workout for say 40 seconds, rest for 20 seconds and workout for 40 seconds, rest for 20 seconds and so on.This helps achieve great results within a short span too.My favorite is bodyrock’s boot camp workouts(beginner,intermediate,advanced levels).

All these workouts can easily be done at the comfort of your home. All you need is two pairs of dumb bells (one light and one heavy), probably an excerise mat and some will power! I ditched my gym membership and found these have given me the best results till date!

kajol84 and Giri12 like this.
  4. Maddy2087

Very detailed and informative. Thanks

5. anuvedha

anuvedha Silver IL'ite

Thank u so much kveena.
    I always heard about this strength training, cross training, but was not able to understand what it is, and whether i ever need that etc. So really thank u, maddy n kveena for making me understand.
    I'll start doing some searches n incorporate it.

6. virtualkv2020

Nice,whenever you start...start with basic a workout program with small to medium weights and go slow,you don't need injuries!

7. anuvedha

anuvedha Silver IL'ite

8. Rakshini

Rakshini Silver IL'ite

Hi Veena extremely super clear explanation.maddy u too.great ladies.
    I have been doing my cardio to shed my pregnancy weight.i lost my weight but my shape was almost the same.then after researching I started strength training.now I have cardio and strength combined.i got good results.even I went from Xl to L.
    I enjoy doing strength now
    My opinion on strength
    1.increases resting Bmr
    2.toned body
    3.energitic and active
    4.increase muscle mass and fat loss
    5.stamina will improve
    6.inch loss , weight loss and good shape
    These are some of my ideas.
    Today s ex schedule
    Treadmill-3 min walking and 12 min of running at 7 km speed
    ElipEllipt-20 minutes
    Push up and squats 50 each
    Jumping jacks 30
    Rope_100 jumps
    Ab and butt workout for 10 min
    Totally 1 hr for today

9. Maddy2087

I did a lot of stretching exercises and static Yoga with exercise ball.

1 hour yoga early morning

10. virtualkv2020

Nice workout @Rakshini and Maddy.
    I completed HIIT boot camp,30 day shred and a session of Leslie’s 2 mile power walk with weights this week.