1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddy

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Nov 2, 2008.

1. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

Hi every1 there and Alpha,
    I miss u all so badly but didnt get tim to even sit on net.........got so tired b/w school and home and thn in-laws problem, its difficult to stay with them........ but continuing with my diet didnt reduce any weight bt 2 inch on my sagging tummy..........
    i feel so relaxd just scraping on IL bt what to do?
    love u all guys.. happy dieting

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Muskaan,

carbohydrates are :- all white flours, like bread, maida, pasta,rice. YOu get whole grain flour that is brown flour and it is good. potatoes are are also carbohydrates but if you have them boiled they are good do not have fried ones you can even bake your potatoes.

Protiens are:- all pulses like the lentls, moong, moong sprouts, red kidney beans, eggs, chicken fish are all protiens.

You can google for carbohydrates and protiens and get more information.

Havey our carbohydrates in the morning so it converts to energy and will keep you energetic the whole day.
    you needto cut down on your fried things and at night have a bowl of veggie soup, prssure cook all vegitables include pumpkin and cabbage in it, then once boiled put in liquidizer add a dash of butter and liquidize then just boil add salt and pepper.
    Drink at least 2 litres of hot water everyday include more fruits, greens and salads in your diet and exercise, you need to exercise to reduce weight even one hour brisk walking, inth is thread i have included a mini workout attachement please go through the thread and look for it, you can do it at home.
    You need to do the work, we are only here to advice.
    I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey
    love
    alpa:cheers

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sankna,

to reduce weight you will need to be disciplined i am giving you a few guide lines and hope that you will be able to follow them

1. you will need to join a gym do aerobics and light weight training to tone up your body and reduce all that sagging fat.
    2. you will need to take care of your diet, change it completely, have a protien and a carbohydrate in your meal, have the carbohydrate for breakfast and hte protien for dinner.
    3. drink 2 litres of hot water everyday, your lungs are weak that why you are wheezing and getting tired once you will start to exercise your stamina will increase and your lungs will become better.
    4. do brisk walking on the treadmill, i normally run om no 8 speed and incline of 4 so that is uphill, you can start to will low speed than gradually increase your speed, please do not tell me that you can't do it everything is possible we just need to try it.
    5. have a heavy breakfst, include oats in your breakfast and fruits, when you wake up drink a glass of hot water, it will help you.
    6. have a light lunch have like 2 chappatis then a light dinner of soup and after an hour of dinner have an apple, in between when you feel like snacking have a fruit or a bowl of salad, and also a banana it will curb your hunger.
    7. avoid fried stuff. if joining the gym tell your trainer that you want to reduce weight and he helps you with a program and helps you to do it like supervise it, do training twice a week and do aerobics twice a week it will more than enough and you will see a difference in your body after 4 weeks
    8. please do not expect miracles that when on a diet on on week you will loose weight no it will take time like how the weight you put on took time so double the amount will be taken to loose it, you will need to focused and patiend with yourself.

i hope the above will help you
    love

4. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hi supriya,
    find my answers below in colour
    love

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Radha,

good work, keep it up, yo uare doing well. tell me do you feel any difference in your body? if yo ud o please post it here so everyone can read about it.

love

6. anees

anees Silver IL'ite

diet for 04.21.10

BF: Oatmeal with peanut butter and raisins and pineapple

Lunch : 4 tbsp rice with chicken curry and long beans side dish

1 orange

Snack : 2 dinner roll( not a good choice) and skim milk

Dinner: few orange,apple slices

exercise: 25 min jog and 10 min strength training

water : 2litres

7. anees

anees Silver IL'ite

Hi Alpa,
    Have a question, 2 days before when I was jogging and had to stop as my daughter was calling. I didnt know do any cool down/stretches. After that my legs are hurting esp when I climb down the stairs. Should I stop jogging for a few days. After this I cannot run on high speed.Can you suggest something?

Thanks.

8. hema04

hema04 New IL'ite

Hi,

I need help to reduce my overweight.I am struggling.Need help.
    I am 5 feet 5 inches and my weight is 220lbs:cry::hide:

I have to lose more than 50lbs.

This is what I follow for past 2 days.

Morning : 1 cup coffee (1% milk) with 2 to 3 tsp sugar
    Without coffee I cant run the day(I will get headache without coffee).

Breakfast: oats or apple or 3 handfull of boiled channa

LUnch: 3 rotis with curry

Evening: 4 marie biscuits and tea(2 tsp sugar)

Dinner: soup and apple

2 to 3 ltrs of water(not hot water,I hate hot water)

Exercises: I bought Jillain Michaels 30 day shred.But I am not doing daily.(weekly once)

But I have so much cravings to eat rice and other fried snacks.
    Please help.

http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/whGlsol/

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  9. muskaanys

muskaanys New IL'ite

My diet for today:22/04/10

8:00 am - water

9:00 am - vermicelli with egg

11:30 am - I din have anythng, i wasn't hungry...

1:30 pm - 2 chapati sambhar made of vegetables

4:00 pm - 1 banana

6:30 pm - Glass of milk with psylium husk

I'll do it now as tomorrow is weakend here iam going for washing clothes before going for walk

8:00 pm - 1 sandwich filled with potato mixture

10:00 pm - I'll try to make soup today and salad

Water - Till now around 2 litres....

Walk: i'll go at 8:00 pm

Insha Allah from tomorrw i'll add carbohydrates in the morning and proteins in the lunch n dinner

thanks alpa for ur help...

Muskaan

10. hema04

hema04 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I m looking for a weightloss buddy to keep me motivated.

I need to around 35 kg.:hide:

Please help