1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddy

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Nov 2, 2008.

1. akkiniaishwarya

akkiniaishwarya New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am Aishwarya from Bangalore.
    I am looking for buddy for my weight loss program too. I found the information sharing here very helpful and i feel I will be motivated toward my goal of loosing about 18 kgs with a group.
    Can you count me in? Is there some common plan of action for the whole group?
    It wud be wonderful to hear from you....count me in...

2. krithigat

krithigat Senior IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I am new to this thread.
    I want to loose 13- 15 kg. But right now I can't diet, since I am feeding my little one
    Can you help me?

3. PM09

PM09 Senior IL'ite

A bit confusing to me..I posted my diet yesterday for 7/7 and 7/8 and surprisingly i don't see them now.

I don't if problem with site or something else..

Again my diet for 7/7

9:00 3 small idli dosa with 3 drops of oil in each dosa
    12:00 cooked moong with cracked wheat,tomatoes and onion
    3:00 apple
    6:30 4 small rotis with tindoora curry no oil at all

2-3 lts of water including green tea
    exercise 45 mins of abs crunches and some unknown name workout:idea will find name

4. PM09

PM09 Senior IL'ite

diet for 7/8

All day only hot warm water with lemon and honey, green tea and fruits

diet for 7/9

All day only hot warm water with lemon and honey, green tea,fruits and veggies(like homemade soup)

Recipe: tomatoes,carrot,broccoli,onion,green chillies,spinach,methi,garlic,parsnips - all pressure cooked with little water and blend well ..add pinch of salt.. have it

very taste soup and filling too..

5. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

hi ladies,
    hope all are doing good and punctual with the diet plans.my weight is fluctuating,i have lost weight and then failed to maintain it,resumed eating non veg a lot and failing to excercise.and this time my weight has become 145pounds and my ideal weight has to be between 107-141. so i think my weight should be 124.thats reducing 21pounds,its a lot and it will take time.as you all are doing i am planning both diet wise and excercise wise.

i have heard that the best time of day to excercise to lose weight is morning.mabe 30 min run on threadmill.i have a doubt as to what to have as soon as i get up,i have the prob of acidity ie if i stay empty stomach for long in the morning,i get headache etc.so what is that i should have first in morning which wont make me acidic before excercise.

i have tried fenugreek water,it has helped me before a lot in weight reduction but has contributed to bust size gain too:bonkso i dont want to take i again.

i have heard abot lemon and honey mixture..what about this..?? or any other that will not make me acidic.

once this is decided i will plan a diet for myself without starving myself...
    hope you all will help me..:bowdown

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  6. prabha80

prabha80 Senior IL'ite

Hi mates,
    Thanks for this thread. This thread is really useful for those who wish to reduce their weight. I'm new to this thread. I'd like to reduce 20 - 25 kg. Let me try to reduce my weight based on the tips given in this thread.

Thanks,
    Prabha

7. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Alpa: My diet is not proper, my lunches are really heavy and sometimes i dont have time to excercise or i have to go out for dinner, its my first uni holidays so i cannot avoid anything...but im trying my best and choosing the right foods, so i will post my charts when i get back to my usual routine at the hostel.

Vanitha: Welcome aboard, surley u will loose weight if u stick to the kitchuappa diet...we are all here to motivate you!

Akkini Aishwarya : Welcome, look at what other people are doing, just read through this thread and u will find what you need,any doubts just ask...All the best!!

Sri: No problems!! U have a great chart, just keep at it okai...

Ramya: Have fun at Niagra!!!

Krithiga: If u cant diet, just avoid sweets and fatty food...and eat alot of fruits and vegetables and excercise alot

PM: Great chart keep it coming!!!

Neets: Excercise is good, doesnt matter what tiem just as long as u do it, dont u have green tea with some lemon in it as soon as u wake up, and make sure u keep at whatever diet excercise plan you are doing for 21 days, then it becomes a habit, and it wont seem hard anymore.

Prabha: Welcome aboard!! Wishing u the best of Luck for ur weightloss

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  8. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

hope so,but definitely exercise in the morning has more effect than doing any other time of day.as you said i am gonna try green tea and lemon.

Exercise In The Morning!

9. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

Friends,

Happy to inform u that i have reduce another 0.5kg today :rotfl
    notice i reduce fast when i take only fruits for dinner...

Here is my daily log for your eyes :-

11/07/2009 (half day fasting)
    Food log :
    05.30 - fenugreek with 2 glass of hot water
    06.30 - Honey + water
    08.00 - 1 glass for milk

13.00 - ragi mudde with yogurt with some veggei
    15.00 - guava
    18.00 - 1 cup tea

21.00 - apple & guava

No Exercise
    Drink 3 litres of warm water.

12/07/2009
    Food log :

05.30 - fenugreek with 2 glass of hot water
    06.30 - Honey + water
    08.00 - 1 glass for milk + 1 rawa dosai

13.00 - 1 cup of buttermilk (cause feel full)
    15.00 - guava
    18.00 - 1 cup tea + few spoons of fried noodles from hubby plate

21.00 - apple & grapes

No Exercise
    Drink 3 litres of warm water.

10. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

Dear Aishu

Welcome !!! Of course u can always join us... Keep on sending your daily food intake and activities and we will advice u accordingly. remember to set your goals. Please include fruits and veggei (possible raw ones) in your diet and remember to drink plenty of warm waters.

Good Luck dear !