1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddy

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

thanks for the wishes kayal.about the pooja, my astrologer told me that some of the planets in my horoscope are not in the right place.And that's i have all kind of problems in my life. He asked me to do 4 mandala pooja (48 days each). I see alot of changes in my first pooja itself. So i continue my second and third one. Now i'll be start the last one on coming saturday. Hope God will bless me a baby soon.

anyway,pls don't take yougurt at nite dear , it's not only make u to put on weight but yougurt is cooling, sometimes u will get cold if u eat it in the evening. Try to replace it with soups or fruits.

Good Luck friend !

Dear Aps

I was like u once, but changed my habit slowly. Do u believe sometimes i only drink 1 glass of water in a day. started having black patch on my face. When i checked with doctor, she told me tht my body is having a lot of toxins. When i checked in net how to remove toxin from body, i got to know about water therapy.
    Now i drink at least 3-4 litres of water in a day. once i get up, i drink 1-1.5 litres of water. Then in the morning (from breakfast - b4 lunch) will drink around 1.5 litres and drink another 1.5 litres (after lunch - till go back to home after work). I only drink plain warm waters. In between will take green tea or tea (with less sugar and skim milk)

Sometimes, i'm busy with my work so i will forget to drink water so i put remind in my outlook. It will remind to drink water every one hour.

try drink 1.5 litres perday and slowy increase to 3 litres dear.
    Now all my patches are gone and my skin is clear.

Good Luck !

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2009
  2. reddyinusa

reddyinusa New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Bambli,
    Thanks for the information... I would also try doing it.. would try cultivating this habit from tomorrow..

Anees,Alps,
    Even ur suggestions of using lemon and mint are worthy applicable.. thanks for that.

Coming to my day plan,
    I started the diet plan from today. My day began with a glass of lime+honey. I worked out at gym, treadmill for 10 minutes, cycling for 12 minutes, stepper for 14 minutes. I also did some stretching exercises to reduce my tummy. For breakfast I had chapati + radish dal. I had rice for lunch(couldnt avoid it today.. will go for chapati from tomorrow). Evening had some tea. At night I had roti as I couldn't make it to grocery for fruits.

Any changes in plan for tomorrow:
    Replace rice with roti, tea with green tea, include fruits and salads.
    Drink 2 litres of water.

Meet you all tomorrow
    Aps

3. kayal1234

kayal1234 New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

My diet chart for wednesday 1st July 2009.

6.00 - 4 glasses of water
    7.45 - 1 cup semiya with curd
    10.30 - Green Tea
    12.15 - 1 cup semiya with curd & eggplant curry
    1.45 - Nescafe latte tinned one :bonk
    3.30 - handful of nuts
    4.30 - 1 pear
    5.30 - 1 apple
    8.30 - 3 small fried fish :bonk[tried to resist while my hubby was eating but could not ) and 4 mangosteen

3 lts of water

No excercise :hide:

Kayal

4. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hi ladies

i stumbled upon this website please check it out ithas videos as well Exercise for Weight Loss - Tips, Tools, Free Fitness Videos and more click on abdominal exercises and they have wonderful exercises for the tummy and they show you how to do it.

also click on weight loss in the same website and they will explain to you step bystep on the bestway to loss weight.

good luck
    love
    alpa:cheers

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

hi
    to loose weight you need to do 15 to 20 mins on the tread mill and do you jog or just walk on it? do not do the cycle instead do the cross trainer for 15 mins you will burn more calories. Stepper also do for 15 mins. Do you have aerobic classes in your gym if yes join them as you will burn more fat doing aerobic exercises, combine your aerobic and weight training together like do aeroics for 3 dys then ask the instructor at the gym to make a simple program for you which combines the upper, lower body and the abs exercise tell him you want to loose weight so you will use light weights, if need be hire him as a personal trainer so you will get more attention and he will be able to guide you better. you will see a result in 3 weeks if you really focus on it and work hard.
    please include salads and fruits in your diet

hope i have helped you
    love

hi nilaa,
    how are you? are doing hte exercise at home or at the gym, if at the gym do aerobics and light weight training and instead of having 3 meals a day have 6 small meals everyday drink lots of hot water and include lots of salads and fruits in your diet, also nuts like almonds, cashewnuts, peanuts.
    post your diet plan here so wecan guide you. try to have a good breakfast, light lunch and very light dinner like vegetable soup and one hour after dinner have an apple and drink 2 litres of hot water everyday meaning through out the day drink water.
    If there is no access to gym then do brisk walking everyday for an hour.
    hope these tips help you
    love

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2009
  6. anees

anees Silver IL'ite

Hi Nilaa,
    Welcome aboard. Try to drink more water and do some aerobic exercises. You can try to eat healthy foods, instead of junk foods and that way we dont have to starve.

Best of luck.

Aps, its a good start. try to increase the time as Alpa suggested.

Kayal, good diet plan. Try to bake the fish or make a curry. Fish is good for you. You can eat 2 or 3 times per week.
    Semia, is that made of whole wheat? You can get whole wheat semia/noodles and have that.

Alpa, thanks for the link. That is a very helpful one.
    Regards
    Ani

7. nilaa

nilaa Senior IL'ite

thanks alpa and anees for the good tips yaar, thanks again.

i have breakfast by 9. Two idlies or two dosai or two chappathi, then lunch exactly by 1 'o' clock with rice and side dish, and some snack in the evening and dinner by 9.'o' clock. As alpa said i will have to break the schedule and have small meals to improve the metabolic rate.

And my husband suggests apple cider vinegar with honey and garlic in the morning two tablespoons. i have started taking it recently to reduce weight and improve the metabolic rate.

i do not have a gym in our island. so shall definitely try some brisk walking.After childbirth i have stubborn fat around my midriff, which is really the culprit i think of doing abs atleast 200 in our abcrunch maching. Now we are in a process of transfer, so packing is taking most of the time.
    thanks again,
    warm regards,
    Nilaa

8. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Buddies...sorry didnt post my charts for the last 2 days...im so proud i hav managed 2 days perefctly :-D

1st july

5am: Green Tea with Lemon
    7am: Skim Milk with weetbix & Apple
    10am: Yougurt
    12pm: Salad sandwich with turkey slice
    1pm: Green Tea
    3pm: Cucumber and carrot slices
    6pm: Steamed Brocolli, Cauliflower, Beans and Carrot
    7pm: Green tea

Water: 2.5 L
    Excercise: Yoga (1hr) Cardio workouts (20 mins+10 mins)

2nd july

5am: Green Tea with Lemon
    7am: Skim Milk with bran cereal + 2 oranges
    10am: Yougurt
    12pm: Salad sandwich with tuna
    1pm: Green Tea
    3pm: Canatloupe
    6pm: Steamed Brocolli, Cauliflower, Beans and Carrot
    7pm: Green tea

Water: 2 L
    Excercise: Yoga (1hr) Cardio workouts (20 mins+10 mins)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  9. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Alpa: Thanx fo the motivation:thumbsup and thanx for the link it had some really useful info:bowdown

Nila: Yeah...diffrent people loose weight differently, but try to add some cardio in your workout...it will sureley build ur stamina and help u loose weight. And try to have your dinner earlier, that will surley reduce ur tummy and also try kapalbhathi.

Bambli: U just motivated me to drink water aswell, i have such uneven tones, hopefully by drinking so much water it will go away.

Aps:
    Great Start, yes slowly make your changes and you will be at your arget in no time

Kayal: I know temptation is very hard to fight against, next time just have one fried fish and savour every bite of ...and u should excercise everyday, so it can become a habit

All the buddies How coem no one is posting there charts the last few days?? :spin

10. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

Dear PR,

Well done PR. Keep up your diet and exercise, u will reach ur ideal weight soon. Best of Luck !!!