1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddy

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Nov 2, 2008.

1. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Buddies, i see your going great...did u miss me hehe...well exams are over and now im at my mum's place, so from 25th June i will begin again i wanted to join the gym here but it is too expensive, so im just going to workout at home, and watch my diet i think the easiest way to do that is follow kitchuppa's diet, lets hope i can do it.So i shall be posting my diets from tomorow, and if im slacking off u buddies should tell me off , and make me get back on track.

Take care buddies!!!

2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bambli,

Very nice writeup......I feel the liveliness in the words.....what you said is100% true.

I'm in the same stage, after delivery i have out little weight, now i'm on diet and exercise.

After 3months of plateau state i reduced 1 kg which really increased my motivation level....now i can get hold of my diet very strictly....

All the best.

3. anees

anees Silver IL'ite

Diet chart for June 23

5.30 - 2 glass of warmwater
    6:30 -tea
    9.00 - oats with flax seeds and apple
    11:00 - vegetable salad with boiled soya beans
    1.30 - 1/2 wheat wrap wth fish curry
    4.30- few baby carrots
    5.00 - handful of peanuts and 1.5 cup of vegetable soup
    7.00 - apple and orange and 1 tsp of peanut butter
    8:00 glass of milk with some flax seeds

water about 3 litres
    exercise - 30 minutes workout dvd, 20 minutes walk

4. anees

anees Silver IL'ite

Bambli,
    Thanks for the tips. I will also try to implement the same. For me weekdays are ok. Weekends are so tiring, have to cook for my family , feed the kids, then I wont have any energy to prepare a salad or make some soup. Earlier I used to eat whatever the kids left on their plates, now decided its better the food to be in trash can than end up on my hip. I think I should prepare my meals in advance. My hubby sometimes ask 'when are you going to eat like normal people ' ha ha, as if I am abnormal.

Have a great party for your hubby. He is so lucky to have you. One thinf, how do you get your proteins? Only from milk?

Cheers
    Ani

Pink Rubies,
    I guess you were part of the team before. I just joined. Do jump on and we will support each other.All the best.

Hi Kayal,

You had 2 bananas? . As you know banana has lot of calories, so just try to limit to 2 or 3 per week. Also try to avoid rice products at night. Just a suggestion. Otherwise your chart looks good.

Cheers
    Ani

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2009
  5. PM09

PM09 Senior IL'ite

Good hear that you are feeling well Bambli..

Its been while I heard from you, Manisha, Evergreen and ofcourse Alpa..

Looks like everyone are busy..like me..I was on vaction..went to visit my husband and my chacha..was so happy..but had good food..but not too much though..was in control even though everyone forced me to eat..

Bambli whenever you get time in next few days..rest as much as you can..don't be so quick to manage all the work..as you are just recovering..you need little more time..so rest relax ..like everyday eat more fruits,juices n veggies..and most important don't strain..take enough rest dear..

Advanced Happy b'day to your Husband..He will surely like your surprise plan..

6. PM09

PM09 Senior IL'ite

Dear Kayal,

Like Anees said 2 bananas in day adds too many calories..please avoid eating banana..I know it is hard to avoid food that you like..but you have leave few things in order to achieve your target..once control your tongue it is much easy for the next time..you don't feel like eating only..or else follow the method that Bambli suggested for

My suggestion to you in avoiding few items from your log are highlighted below. PLease try to avoid below unless you have guest home or you went out..

7. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

Dear PR,

nice to see you back... Good luck i!

Actually when i share my experiences, i will feel good about myself and keeps me more motivated. I should say thanks to everyone.:bowdown:bowdown

Previously, I used to withdraw my diet within in a month but after joining Weght Loss Buddy group, i being very motivated and have confidents in myself...

Thanks everyone !!!

Dear Pm,

Thanks for your concern and caring. I got my fever back yesterday evening, went to clinic again and doctor have to gave a injection. Now i'm ok. Fever is gone and running nose stopped but i feel very tired and still having headaches. Doctor asked to take porridge and soups only. No fruits & buttermilk for time being. I don't have enegery to go exercise.. will be relaxing for few days.

Happy to hear that u have good time during your vacation. U must be very happy to see your hubby ???

anyway my hubby said thanks to u for your advance wishes.

Dear,

if you want to reduce your weight fast, you need to take all those foods which are low in GI. U can google to find what is GI means...

always remember that all those foods whichl contains sugar will turn to fat when it's goes into our body...

Banana have a lots of nutritions but contains sugar and it's clasified as medium GI. so try to avoid taking more... maybe take only 2 banana in a week... but remember, you have to adjust your intake for other carbo/sugar food..

example : u can't take 1/2 cup rice, 1 small piece of cake, 1 cup curd, 1 banana in one meal. There is a lots of carbo and sugar in your meal which comes from your rice, cake & banana.. how about yogurt, is it made from skim/low fat milk ??

If possible, try to take fruits or veggei or soups for your dinner...
    try to not to take any carbo for dinner... you will reduce weight more faster with this method...

try to adjust ur intake slowy dear....
    it's not only for diet but keeps u healthy... remember even those people are slim and thin, gets heart attacks...

so always think that you are eating healthy foods i/o diet foods...
    cause once u slim down, u still have to maintain your food intake so that you don't put on weight again. Most important EAT THOSE FOODS WHICH KEEPS U HEALTHY !!!

here i have attached list of foods with the GI level for your reference,

View attachment The glycemic index range is as follows.doc

Good Luck dear !

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2009
  8. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

Here is my daily log...

24/06/2009
    Food log :
    05.30 - fenugreek with 2 glass of hot water
    06.30 - Honey + water
    08.00 - 1 glass of skim milk & 1 idli
    11.00 - apple
    13.00 - 1 bowl of stim vegei
    16.00 - 1 glass green tea
    21.00 - 1 cup of tea with 1 slice of whole meal bread (need to take high dose of

medicine)

Drink 3 litres of warm water.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anees,

your diet is good but at night have soups or fruits, but soups are very good.
    i see you are having veggie soup at 5pm instead at 5pm have a fruit and at dinner time have your soup.
    love
    alpa:cheers

dear Kayal

please include salads in your diet as they will help you for yourweight loss. and having 2 idlis at night:rant is a bit too much have soups it will fill you. i normally have soups at night for dinner and then after an hour i have an apple and hotwater and am off to bed.
    do not mix your salad and fruit together, like have your salad at mid morning at 11am then fruit at 4pm or 5pm whenever you feel like snacking.
    Drink at least 2 litres of hotwater everyday meaning through out the day.
    love

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2009
  10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

my dear bambli,

please take care , have soups with ginger in it and lots of liquids like warm water, getwell first then exercise ok.

PM so nice to see your back here abig hug to you

my dear ruby missed you off course, you take care and be on track

Dear Gokusha, you can do it, we all here will motivate you and you will lose weight.

my dear ladies you all are doing great, keep it up and lets motivate each other

love, hugs and kisses