1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddies from 2012

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Jan 2, 2012.

1. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

I heard a valuable information today:
    wish to share here.

1 pound of extra weight on the body creates 4 pounds of stress on the knee.
    So, if a person is overweight by 10 pounds, he/she tends to put 40 pound stress on every step she put on the ground. So, every time a person is running on treadmill, her knee is most effectively under wear and tear...
    Include strength training as a part of exercise, moderate cardio if you are over weight person for fat loss. If we run or walk a lot in treadmill, we tend to lose more muscles also. We need to combine the cardio along with strength training . one of the best example is floor workout repetition is helping in building strength and muscles and also rise the heart rate if we do it on a reasonable pace...
    Also, please dont go on a zero carb diet. brain needs carb for better functioning. It is always good if the carb is whole grain. but portion control is very important. Lots of depression cases are there around, since people go on crazy diet to lose weight. save ourselves by eating all food groups in moderation....

1 person likes this.
  2. Srinidhi007

Srinidhi007 Silver IL'ite

Dear All – There is no much update about me, I am not doing any exercise for 2days, I got my monthly cycle (12days earlier), not sure whats happening in my body? Sorry, its not relevant to this thread.
    Due to this I couldn’t perform the pooja only 2days was pending but I missed it, they asked me to do 12days pooja without break, that was also flopped.
    Totally depressed for the past 2days, my food intake was very less, as I don’t feel like having anything. Mind and body got stressed and depressed.
    Hope July would be the better month for me!

3. sridevi1977

Dear Srinidhi,
    These are the natural occurrences dear...dont connect it to anything personally...I know your feeling when the process of Puja has been stopped in between...dont worry much dear...May be due to pooja and all, you are waking up so early every day and food is also not like routine days and so your exercises...Above all, you are stressing out a lot too...These are all the good enough reasons for your early cycle.. Now, take it little easy. rest well... and fix a date to start all over at the time you are so sure the process cant be hindered... no worries... Sometimes , we add more value to our dedication if we extra effort into it. take it that way. hugs to you dear...

1 person likes this.
  4. sridevi1977

Hi dears,
    This is a reminder of our June month challenge.let us post our status by tomorrow and check how far we have gone...

5. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

Dearest,

Do not worry. God will take care of you. Things happen for a reason and we will not know the reason when it happens. Sometimes later we may or may not figure it out. God is the one who orchestrates the whole thing and it was his wish that you got the periods early. So put the baaram (weight) on him and stop worrying. Please pick yourself up from depression and go on with eating right and exercise. You were doing GREAT...just get back to that routine.

Loads of hugs
    CV

6. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

All,

I didnt do too well this month. Went down as low as 61.4 at some point of the month but bounced back to 62.4.

Lots of things going on in personal life. So may not be there for much of July. Will see.

Good luck to all of you in July

Love
    CV

7. sandynar

sandynar Gold IL'ite

Srinidhi
    Dont worry dear. Dont stress much. Like Sri and CVmam said dont lose hope.

My weight on July 1st is 86.2 kgs
    i have lost 0.3 kgs in june.
    My weight as on july 1st-86.2 (190.2) . at the end of july my goal- 85.5(188.5)

8. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sri,
    as all have said do not lose hope do not feel depressed be positive. No one can change the nature cycle. just be patient and be positive that is really important.
    love
    alpa:cheers

2 people like this.
  9. Srinidhi007

Dear Sri - Thanks a lot for you soothing words! yes, i believe directly or indirectly i was stressed and that causes early cycle. my parents and DH are also consoling me as god has better plans. and i am trying to be positive.

10. Srinidhi007

Dear CV Mam- Thanks a loooot for the great support during this period. Your wordings are 100% true and i realise that! i am trying to be positve and come back with more energy! god has his own plans!