1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddies from 2012

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Jan 2, 2012.

1. kirthi82

kirthi82 Gold IL'ite

I tried doing air bike 60 count.anyone doing it,how much you used to do.Frds, try it and tell me your feedback.

2. kirthi82

kirthi82 Gold IL'ite

Hi frds,

Today's update:

7 am : wake up
    7.15 am. Tea
    8 am.- 8.30 am Ab exercise
    9.30 am. Oats
    12.45 pm. Rasam rice with cluster beans ( kotha varanga)
    3 pm. Curd rice
    8 pm. 1/4 th papaya,few grapes,1 strawberry

3. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kirthi82, it seems the same as bicycle maneuver, which I have been doing 50 per day from past 3 weeks. It was a part of Jillian Michaels 30Day shred, level -1. Though I have moved on to level -2 now, I do these extra because it is supposed to be the best exercise for abs.

4. kirthi82

kirthi82 Gold IL'ite

Hi deep likes,
    If u r doing Jillian michaels 30 day shred, do u have dumbells ......

5. deepslikes

Yes, 3lb dumbbells .. that's all I can handle for now, lol...

6. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

Hi kirthi,
    I do the modern mom exercises from you tube. I love it.
    hi Manali,
    just curious... how much an average person who is doing half an hour of workouts and other daily works will burn ? from your routine, is it possible to calculate your single day calorie burn?
    any way, enjoy with your motivator.
    Hi deepslikes,
    I did Jillian michales a year before for continuos 3 months and significantly lost some pounds. after seeing your post, I was tempted to open that DVD and did it today. planning to do it 4 days in a week. started with level 1 today. I changed my weights to 5 pounds 6 months before, since I noticed nothing is happening in my arms. It was very hard for me to do initially, but I am ok with 5 pounds now.
    the weakest part of my body is my arms which need more stamina.
    Any one joining here for upper body work outs? will be more motivated if I do with some one, sharing my workouts. I mean any one who needs to lose more fat from upper body? will be more than happy to work with.
    Dear deepslikes, Can we mutually update our Jillian workouts here? I plan to do for 4 days. How many days do you do? Let us make sure that we do it for those number of days we planned for a week.

my update for today:
    oatmeal with milk
    half banana,apple 1
    orange 1

soup,2 pieces naan,veg kuruma
    few spoons of rice.

tea

wheat rava kanji with spiced buttermilk
    mango milk shake after an hour. felt to have something sweet, cold. so prepared milk shake . enjoyed it well.

water- 2.5 ltrs.

exercises: mor- 10 sets of surya namaskar
    eve- 20 min jillian michaels workout
    20 min- floor workouts

Planned to have some walking, could not make it.
    see you all tomorrow.

7. sandstar

sandstar Gold IL'ite

Dear Krithi,
    The links were awesome. Will start doing it. Thanks for sharing!

Sridevi, Congrats on your weight loss and keep rocking.
    I would like to do upper body workout. My side waist and arms are bulging and determined to reduce it.
    Please share appropriate workout links. Would be happy to do it with a partner.

8. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

hey sandy

i did JM ripped in 30 ...... my arms reduced(2cm) in week 1 workout and slight reduction overall..... do try it and see ....try using light weight ...

you will get entire body workout

9. deepslikes

Hi Sridevi1977,
    I am doing the 30DS every day. I started exercising on Aug 5 and missed one day until now. I lose motivation if I skip days. I have started and stopped workout so many times in the past 5 years. Usual excuses are office work, back/arm pain, periods. And once I skip a few days then I don't start again for a few weeks.

This time I want to continue workout everyday until Dec31. Goal is to tone my body - I also have a problematic upper body. I promised myself a shopping spree next Jan if I lose the extra inches on upper body.
    I also have weak arms and shoulders. I am planning to do some dumbbell exercises on the side for arms/shoulder/back and maybe include some pushups. I will start with 3lb and move up. I will post here for sure.

10. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

hi Akineel, kavithavijay, vinithasekar, sridevi, anuvedha, SunNaa kirthi, vidhsn, Vlakh, sandy, VasudhaMohan, sankna and other friends.................As a part of our "lose 1.5 kg in one month challenge" I would like to remind you all, that there is last six days of intense work, before we reach 1st September 2012.

My own situation is as follows :

In the same challenge of June 2012, I could successfully lose one kig. That is from 69.0 kg on 1st June 2012, I came to 68.0 kg on 1st Aug 2012. But, in the course of August, there were so many diversions...........espcially for seven continuous days, I had to survive on outside food. ( I was on a job related tour). Despite the odds, my early morning empty stomach weight is as follows :

5th Aug - 67.9 kg

8th Aug - 68.0 kg.

9th Aug - 67.7 kg

13th Aug - 67.4 kg.

17th Aug - 67.9 kg.

18th Aug - 68.1 kg (on tour, outside food)

22nd Aug - 68.3 kg. (on tour , outside food)

26th Aug - 67.5 kg.

Now my determination is to intensify my efforts in the coming six days and to see that I stabilise at least at or below 67.5 kg on 1st Sept 2012. It means, the net weight loss for the month of Sept 2012 will be only 0.5 kg.

How about you all, guys ?

2 people like this.