1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss and The Outside Food

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by shivachoubey, Jun 9, 2010.

1. simsim

simsim New IL'ite

hi, I am Seema. Just read your post.Happy to know to know how we all struggle with weights.I am trying to loose weight since last four years without success.Always failing in a proper diet routine. Do my work outs but fail in eating a proper diet at proper intervals. Also the basic metabolism is too slow,sometimes give in to emotional eating. so i m just the same. Hope something can be done.

2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

If there is a will there is a way. Come join me on my weight loss thread and I am sure you will see results.

Give it a try, it might work for you.

Here is the link to the weight loss thread.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...-weight-loss-success-story-4.html#post1026300

Hope to hear from you soon.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

Shiva

3. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shiva,

I somehow missed to read your reply. Combining salad with Rice sounds nice to me. I am going to try that from next week onwards. You are right, we eat out once in a week. My MIL is sitting next to me when I am reading your reply. We are more than happy to feature in your blog. Thanks for providing the chance. Will wait to see the blog.

4. shivachoubey

Dear Radha,

I will be publishing the article by tomorrow.

Thanks for giving me the permission.

I really like your MIL, she is so sweet. Please give my regards to her and tell her I am so happy to see that she is so health conscious.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

SHiva

5. sonachand

sonachand New IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    Hii,

This blog and your success story is really motivating. I loved it soooo much. I am going to follow your suggestions and let you know my progress.

Yes eating out is my weakness. I ve tried giving it up and ve failed. My diet regims have also failed, Just having salda and in lunch and dinner leaves me hungry and a craving for some solid food. Being a bengali I am also a rice eater. In one of the blogs you said said about draining the rice 3 time . just how to do it. (please explain)

Is having idli/ dosa having for dinner better than having rice/ chapati. ( I lovee the stuff)

Mixing rice with salad is a nice thing to do. Will surely have less craving for rice that way and also will feel full.

Sona

[/JUSTIFY]

6. shivachoubey

Thank you so much for appreciating me. Here is the link for starch less rice.

Starch Less Rice - IndusLadies

As a rule my dinner is always light. You can have anything but in moderation. SO, if you go idlies then have 2 with lots of sambhar followed by fruits. Moderation is always the key. DO not drastically reduce your diet, just start by marking a small change and week after week keep introducing the changes.

Please keep me updated with your weight loss progress, I will be very happy to know if this blog really helped you.

All the best.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

Shiva

7. ssumi

ssumi Silver IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

First of all congrats..u lost 20 kgs...that's like u won a battle...and u look pretty too..

my story here it goes...and i need some advice or suggestion also...

as of now i weigh 82 kgs and my height is 5'4. After giving birth to baby i gained approx 10 kgs ( i was 70 earlier again overweight) but before marriage I was 60. After marriage everything went wrong..lunches, dinners.. and i became fat... I dont like the way i look now.. i tried dieting and i went to gym..but none worked for me..or i should say i always lost the self control...now i survive on junk food only....and I am finding it difficult to get rid of it...every single day i think i would not eat anything outside and i always end up eating something...

Thanks..and thanks for uy post also...

8. shivachoubey

Thank you so much. Post your diet and exercise here

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...weight-loss-success-story-86.html#post1262345

We will take from there. Worry not, all I want you to be is loyal and you will be back to 60 kgs soon.

Waiting to hear from you.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

Shiva

9. Sabinanutan

Sabinanutan New IL'ite

Hey,

Thanks for all the motivation sweets...I can identify with the sense of achievement when u dont fall into temptation...loved your post...making small changes in the way you cook at home can make a big difference to your waist line...thanks to u I now use less oil for cooking and threaten manu to do the same...the moment i see oil floating in manu`s dish..i refuse to eat it...hehehe..he has got the point now.

10. shivachoubey

Good show girl. I am so happy to see that you have started with these changes. lots and lots of hug my friend.

Have a great day ahead honey.

regards