1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss and The Outside Food

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by shivachoubey, Jun 9, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

You are the girl who motivated the whole family for healthy eating. In fact the other day I was thinking about you and your family. Its so good to see that you and the whole family changed their outlook. If you don't mind I would like to put that up as an article in my blog. So, that those who do not come to the thread can read it here.

Now, about eating outside. Here are the steps.

1. I am sure you must be already familiar with the frequency of eating out in office. Its very hard to say No and then to sit with a group who eats without bothering. In my office this used to be a weekly thing, sometimes they would collect 30 RS from everyone and order food from outside. This meant each person could have 2 Naans, rice and sabji. We used to eat till the button of the jeans threatened to pop out. Knowing the frequency in advance is always better because then you can be prepared.

2. Chuck the soup, they will not benefit you. Reason being the tomato soup has cream, sweet corn or any white based soup has corn flour to make it thick. We at home make our soup thick with oats or vegetables but the restro version always taste better think about why it tastes better. And yes ajino motto is also present in some soup which is so bad for heath.

3. So, when ever you are going for lunch outside.

Order salad (which you already do), order plain rice (you will see they are fluffy and not sticky, reason being the starch is drained. Not as much as we drain at home but yes to a considerable amount).

So this is what I do, I take 1 tablespoon rice, top it up nicely with salad (lots and lots of onions) and then take some gravy veggie (1 table spoon again, I am very fond of paneer so I add those pieces too) and pour it on my rice- salad stuff, if you have ordered raita then go for it too. By the time I finish this whole thing I am full.

So you see, in fact I have eaten less, less than my usual lunch but I am full and am happy too as I am eating out. The salad on top of the rice does the trick.

How we eat salad, we keep it in one corner of the plate and take one bite at a time. Like we will have 1 spoon rice and then will bite in a cucumber or tomato. NO, you should mix the salad with the rice, I am very selfish where salad is considered, I usually pour half the salad on my plate.

You will eat more salad if you eat this way, more over psychologically also you will feel satisfied and this will generate the stuffed feeling in the stomach.

So, give it a try once, believe me you will save more calories this way.

4. I am sure by now you guys must have some joints where you frequently go. So you already know what they serve and so you can plan smartly. If its pizza joints they have a nice selection of salad, you can have it with garlic bread. Have one bread and give the rest to others.

South Indian joint idli is your best way.

Opting for a veg sandwich or egg sandwich is also a great idea for lunch.

The trick is to eat out and make the calorie intake less, like the combo of rice, lots of salad and little gravy sabji.

This won't make you gain weight, believe me give it a try,

You should go for office outings because that is where the team bonds. You can try saying No one or twice but do accompany them else you will feel left out.

Hope this helps.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

Shiva

2. shivachoubey

Thanks so much for your appreciation. I am so happy to know you lost 4 kgs babes, good show. 25 kgs will melt soon too.

Please keep me updated about your weight loss progress.

All the best and lots and lots of hugs to you.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

Shiva

3. shivachoubey

Of course babes you will reach your goal. Did you take your weight, if No then do so. Do let me know about your progress.

If you are religious and loyal to something it always and always pay you back. So, one thing is sure you are definitely loosing weight.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

Shiva

4. shivachoubey

I was wondering where you went. Please take care of yourself. One good thing about viral is that you need not diet and you eat what you want to and still you won't put on an ounce of weight.

So, relax and take a chill pill.

I am so happy to see that you have made the changes your habit. Now, it will be very difficult for you to break this habit. Half the battle against weight loss is won if its a habit to control our food in take and not to break down at the sight of the food. You my friend has done that.

Get well soon and hit back with vengeance. We are waiting for you in the weight loss thread.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

Shiva

5. shivachoubey

Thanks for your appreciation. North Indian dishes can be prepared in less oil sadly they make them butterly and heavy. I remember you being a non vegetarian, go for grill options of chicken and meat they are far better.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

6. shivachoubey

I am so happy that this helps you. These are things I noticed after failing so many times. Initially I myself did not know where I am going wrong but failure is a very good teacher.

Thanks again for your appreciation.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

7. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Gym is going great, I am enjoying the workout and making some new friends as well:) In January after 10crunches I was like:spin but yesterday I just did 150of them and still feels great. Lost 1kg in 2months...have to measure inches but feeling apprehensive so I have been postponing it:hide:

8. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

hi shiva,
    u r absolutely right,for loosing weight we have to stop outside food,if not stop atleast we can make it once in 1 month.but i am lucky that i dont like outside food ,i love homemade food.and here in china we dont get outside indian food much, we have to go very far to eat indian food,which i dont like at all. i am also seeing results in myself soon i will let u know my progress.

9. shivachoubey

good show, I am sure you must have toned up. Don't be scared, go on and measure yourself.

All the best.

regards

Shiva

10. shivachoubey

Lucky you. Giving up outside food is really difficult. Good you have no such temptation. Please do let me know about your progress.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

Shiva